Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 06-14-2012, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

I was curious to what are the latest releases in the Rock Category to be released on either SACD/DVD-A MC Hi Rez Format..

I know of these following releases:

1. King Crimson: Court of the Crimson King..Just Bought..
2. Pink Floyds Immersion sets DSOTM//WYWH..
3. Rush Sector Sets. I have Sector 3

I just Bought the King Crimson Disk . The Pink Floyd immersion sets are a little steep but would like to get DSOTM.. I could always just get the SACD of WYWH SACD..

But I been listening to the 25 or so Rock Disks I have and would like some new ones. so is there a list or can someone point me to some I may have missed??

Thnx and Long Live MC!!hehe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I just got The Who Quadrophenia on SACD, digging it right now...Can you see the real me...
post #3 of 8 Old 06-14-2012, 12:19 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dargo View Post

I just got The Who Quadrophenia on SACD, digging it right now...Can you see the real me...

The Quadrophenia SACD is not MC, but I'm curious as to how it compares to other stereo releases. I have the Quadrophenia box with the 8 song MC DVD-A, but this is one of my top 5 favorite albums and I'd be willing to splurge on a stereo SACD if the sound is a significant improvement over previous stereo releases.
post #4 of 8 Old 06-14-2012, 01:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odys View Post

The Quadrophenia SACD is not MC, but I'm curious as to how it compares to other stereo releases. I have the Quadrophenia box with the 8 song MC DVD-A, but this is one of my top 5 favorite albums and I'd be willing to splurge on a stereo SACD if the sound is a significant improvement over previous stereo releases.

I would be interested in the SQ of SHM-SACD as well. It would have to be vastly superior to other versions for me to drop over $50 on it. I'm not a big fan of SHM-SACDs due to their spotty SQ and high prices. How is the SQ of The Quadrophenia DVD-A? Its too bad they did not release the entire album in MCH.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

I would be interested in the SQ of SHM-SACD as well. It would have to be vastly superior to other versions for me to drop over $50 on it. I'm not a big fan of SHM-SACDs due to their spotty SQ and high prices. How is the SQ of The Quadrophenia DVD-A? Its too bad they did not release the entire album in MCH.
Bill

I was not happy with the 5.1 mix on the 8 song DVD-A i think Townshend was getting very board by that time after having done Tommy
the new SACD is the 2012 DSD master based on U.K. original analog tape and I feel it's the best the album has ever sounded.
I got it from http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/81901/The_Who-Quadrophenia-SHM_Single_Layer_SACDs
and god did they ship it fast. now just waiting on The Wall 5.1 SACD that's in the works.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-15-2012, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

So I would have to buy the Box set to get PArt of the Quadraphenia Album in MC?? Arghh!! frown.gif

I also had to cancell the COTCK somehow Amazon was having trouble with the way I was paying for that item?? WEll I will wait a few days and see if it clears it's head..I was looking forward to hearing that in MC wink.gif

post #7 of 8 Old 06-16-2012, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nephilim1 View Post

So I would have to buy the Box set to get PArt of the Quadraphenia Album in MC?? Arghh!! frown.gif
I also had to cancell the COTCK somehow Amazon was having trouble with the way I was paying for that item?? WEll I will wait a few days and see if it clears it's head..I was looking forward to hearing that in MC wink.gif

I just bought COTCK, I can NOT wait till I get too hear it in Full 5.1 and hi rez wink.gif

post #8 of 8 Old 06-19-2012, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Well I received and listened to the Album today..It was not too bad but I still like Court the best sounded really good too..

I do have 1 small wierd thing happening, I leave my Subwoofer on Auto but when I played the disk the Subwoofer did NOT kick ON. I tried to do what I usually do and turn up the volume a bit once the song has fully started and there is Bass going on but it did NOT Auta start on??

I switched to a few different songs and the Subwoofer still refused to kick ON.. I had to put the Reciever into DVD Mode and then the Subwoofer kicked on. I even turned the subwoofer ON before I tried to switch too DVD Mode and it still did NOT kick ON??

Do I have a Defective disk or does anyone else have this trouble with their subwoofer NOT turning On??

EDIT: Another wierd thing when I put the CD in the PC with WMP I get all chinese charachters?? What is going on with that is this some sort of Crimson Joke????

Reply Surround Music Formats

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page