Looking for audio mixing software for a new guy! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-22-2012, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys I have no clue where to post this so I took a shot here! I'm looking for audio mixing software for a new guy! I make short videos and sometimes make a few serious stuff and I love picture quality but I also love the process of making the sound mix! To me its the best part, the part where you can really improve the video and show off what the image is showing! So far I've been using the built in audio panner in Final Cut Pro X (yes I know allot of editors don't like FCP X but it works for me)...But it seams limited in a few ways and I'd really like to learn some more advanced things other than just panning effects to and from speakers in a cool way. I'd like to learn how to improve audio with filters and some more advanced stuff in a multichannel work space. Some features I want from the software would be like:

-Multichannel support: This is a must...I'd really like to be able to work with up to 6.1 or 7.1 surround sound and of course stereo, LCRS, Quadrophonic and 5.1 for less complex material. I don't expect any mastering of it after a simple 4, 6, 7, or 8 channel PCM output file(s) is fine as I have other software
-Virtual MIDI interface: Not sure how else to explain this but something that would allow me to use just my MacBook Pro hooked to my 7.1 AVR via HDMI with 7 speakers + subwoofer...

I've looked at some software like Pro Tools HD, Logic Pro 9, etc...what would be a good way to start off with multichannel sound mixing? I'm looking to take my mediocre sounding 5.1 mixes to solid surround mixes that don't have to be hollywood quality but something better. I'm planning on working on a short film to submit to a film festival and since we don't have a ton of money I would prefer and actually enjoy doing both the video AND the audio editing...helpful responses would be MUCH appreciated. AVS seams to have a wealth of experience and knowledge and I have seen some pretty jaw dropping posts from professionals on here. Thanks in advance smile.gifcool.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-23-2012, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No one can guide down the right path? biggrin.gifsmile.gif
Reply Surround Music Formats

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page