Led Zeppelin Blu-Ray Audio coming soon!!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 56 Old 09-23-2012, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Hi all,

Just thought i would spill the beans on this one.. we know us surround freaks will probably splurge on this one.. since this is probably the last time these dudes will perform together,,, on multi-channel audio blu-ray no less!!!

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/85954/Led_Zeppelin-Celebration_Day-Blu-ray

November 19, 2012 smile.gif

Mike in Vegas (fellow surround music geek and a/v nut!! )

What do you guys think?
shaijordan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 Old 09-24-2012, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Got the e-mail this morning when I got to my office and pre-ordered it immediately. If only their shipping charges were more reasonable. Can't wait for this.
post #3 of 56 Old 09-24-2012, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Pre-ordered as well, thanks cool.gif

Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared.
post #4 of 56 Old 09-24-2012, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 51
It's very nice that those of us who may want a Hi-Rez AUDIO only version of this will be afforded that luxury. However, I'll purchase the 2-CD set and Blu-ray video combo pack instead. Not only will I have the concert in 1080p HD, I'm pretty sure it will also include the same 5.1 DTS HD MA track that's on the Blu-ray audio only disc, and will likely include a 2.0 stereo track as well (just not 24 bit). Plus, having the concert on CD allows the portability for other systems, car, etc. It's great that we the consumer have options for this, but for $30 +, there are better options than just the audio-only disc, IMO.
shaijordan likes this.
post #5 of 56 Old 09-24-2012, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150zx View Post

It's very nice that those of us who may want a Hi-Rez AUDIO only version of this will be afforded that luxury. However, I'll purchase the 2-CD set and Blu-ray video combo pack instead. Not only will I have the concert in 1080p HD, I'm pretty sure it will also include the same 5.1 DTS HD MA track that's on the Blu-ray audio only disc, and will likely include a 2.0 stereo track as well (just not 24 bit). Plus, having the concert on CD allows the portability for other systems, car, etc. It's great that we the consumer have options for this, but for $30 +, there are better options than just the audio-only disc, IMO.

Do you know if Acoustic Sounds will be carrying this Bluray video combo pack?

Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared.
post #6 of 56 Old 09-24-2012, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150zx View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if the 2ch track is 24/48. I have some concert BDs that have 2ch 24/48 tracks besides MCH.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #7 of 56 Old 09-24-2012, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt7153 View Post

Do you know if Acoustic Sounds will be carrying this Bluray video combo pack?

I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if they do. I would guess some of the regulars here will post if they do.
post #8 of 56 Old 09-24-2012, 11:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 484
It looks like importcds has four different listings for the Led Zeppelin Bluray. I'm not sure if there are four different versions but the pricing and most definitely the shipping look to be less than Acoustic Sounds. Looking closer at the listing for $13.49 it looks to be a double CD not a Bluray. But the listing for $15.29 looks to be a single Bluray with the same catalog number (532634) as the AS listing. importcds shipping is $1.49 with a $1.50 handling charge for the first item bought. So the shipping would be just $2.99 which beats $7.98 from AS. I have bought quite alot of music from importcds and their prices and service has been excellent.

Bill
shaijordan likes this.

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #9 of 56 Old 09-24-2012, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if the 2ch track is 24/48. I have some concert BDs that have 2ch 24/48 tracks besides MCH.
larry

Same here Larry. If it does, I'm not sure what the point is of purchasing the Audio-only disc, except for the true discerning audiophiles who have no video in their equipment chain...
shaijordan likes this.
post #10 of 56 Old 09-24-2012, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

It looks like importcds has four different listings for the Led Zeppelin Bluray. I'm not sure if there are four different versions but the pricing and most definitely the shipping look to be less than Acoustic Sounds. Looking closer at the listing for $13.49 it looks to be a double CD not a Bluray. But the listing for $15.29 looks to be a single Bluray with the same catalog number (532634) as the AS listing. importcds shipping is $1.49 with a $1.50 handling charge for the first item bought. So the shipping would be just $2.99 which beats $7.98 from AS. I have bought quite alot of music from importcds and their prices and service has been excellent.
Bill

Good catch Bill, thanks-I'll switch mine to ImportCDs. Tough day for our teams yesterday frown.gif.

post #11 of 56 Old 09-24-2012, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

Bill

Yes, there's a pre-order site up in the UK for these as well. Amazon UK perhaps? If I recall correctly, the versions available are:
-2 CD set
-2 CD/DVD set
-2 CD/Blu-ray video/DVD set
-2 CD/Blu-ray video set
-Blu-ray audio-only set (the one the OP mentions at AS)

My guess/hope is all of these options will be available in the States too!
shaijordan likes this.
post #12 of 56 Old 09-24-2012, 12:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by holt7153 View Post

Good catch Bill, thanks-I'll switch mine to ImportCDs. Tough day for our teams yesterday frown.gif.

Hey Steve,

My pleasure smile.gif. I have bought quite a bit of music form Acoustic Sounds as well when they have sales. Their shipping is the killer when buying one or two discs though. Yes our teams did not fare well frown.gif. Although my wife being a Vikings fan was quite happy. I still see the 49ers going quite far but the Pats don't look that good on defense. Oh well the season is still young smile.gif.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #13 of 56 Old 09-24-2012, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Just ordered thanks.

Your web confirmation number is: 255290
post #14 of 56 Old 09-24-2012, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
From the Led Zeppelin.com web site... just disappointed that they don't give your more options (I agree there are many though). I would have prefered the special features being on the Blu Ray disc instead of having to buy a seperate DVD with the rehersal footage on it, if that's important to you. I also would have prefered a choice between a digital download and the CD that you have to buy with the Blu Ray. Another option would of course to have the Blu Ray Audio disc sold with the concert.

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/buy/

Jeff
shaijordan likes this.
post #15 of 56 Old 09-25-2012, 12:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1229 Post(s)
Liked: 953
Pre-orders up at Amazon:

1 BD + 2 CD + 1 DVD (in a CD-sized digipack)
1 BD + 2 CD (in a CD-sized digipack)
1 BD + 2 CD (in a BD-sized digipack)
1 BD (in a BD-sized digipack)

Sanjay
post #16 of 56 Old 09-25-2012, 03:44 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 160
^^^ Can you say "Milk it for all it's worth."? smile.gif

larry
shaijordan likes this.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #17 of 56 Old 09-25-2012, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

Pre-orders up at Amazon:
1 BD + 2 CD + 1 DVD (in a CD-sized digipack)
1 BD + 2 CD (in a CD-sized digipack)
1 BD + 2 CD (in a BD-sized digipack)
1 BD (in a BD-sized digipack)

Thanks for this info. I am going to cancel my order with AS and get the Blu Ray/DVD/CD combo instead.
post #18 of 56 Old 09-25-2012, 08:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1229 Post(s)
Liked: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

^^^ Can you say "Milk it for all it's worth."? smile.gif
And I only posted the sets that included a BD. There's also a 2 CD set, a 2 CD + 1 DVD set, a 2 CD + 2 DVD set (w/ rehearsal footage), 3 vinyl LP set, digital download (via iTunes), etc. And there's multiple versions of some of these sets, depending on whether you want those same discs in taller video-sized packaging or smaller CD-sized packaging. You ain't kidding about milking it.

Sanjay
post #19 of 56 Old 09-25-2012, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bless you for this information!!! First I was listening to Classic Vinyl (yes it is vinyl, and often 180-200 gram &/or 45 RPM) on Sirus at work a few weeks ago when the DJ said, "...for all (you or us) Zeppelin (freaks or fans), go to ledzeppelin.com and look for 5 little words that will (leave you -not sure what came after; reeling, speechless?)". I scoured the site...nothing. After an emotional rollercoaster, the next night, at every break, he said it was their Facebook page, which told of the DVD/CD release (surely he meant Blu-Ray Video, DVD Video, CD) of the reunion. I was stoked. Finally we found out about the theatrical release...I have dreamed since the mid eighties, in my tweens, of what "The Song Remains The Same" must have been like, and have always prayed for a re-release (with only a fools hope. So I was like a little kid.
This is Most exciting, especially since (that I know of, and believe me I've never stopped searching), there are only a couple Blu-Ray Audio releases. I own the "Moving Pictures" Rush put out (actually right before I read this have questions on how I'm getting 13.8 Mbps at 96/24 uncompressed PCM, and can Blu-Ray Audio whether it is the uncompressed PCM or the dts-HD-MA, could be listened to through anolog multichannel. I'm so excited I had to write it before I forget. I figure that the PCM might follow a faithful DAC path, but doubt the dts HD-MA.
Pagey, when he put "How The West Was Won" on DVD-Audio, quoted (roughly here), to several sources, (again ROUGHLY), "...I'm so glad to have the opportunity to utilize this new, and exciting format. This ("How...West...Won") was a great opportuity to go ahead and do the surround mix, and with incredibly better sound quality. But it is also a sort of litmus test, and I can't wait to do the entire catalog!"
So, with little to no hope that I would see another Blu-Ray Audio release (I/we should all get 'Mojo" by Tom Petty, even if we are not big fans...Im not sure if he later put it out on different formats, but he originally put it strictly on vinyl and BDA (Blu-Ray Audio for a hunt and peck person is getting old)
So please let's all buy it!! The video and the audio, just so we are supporting the formats that we have come so close to losing so many times.
Apologies for tangents...I'm just so excited as a Zeppelin fan, and a surround junkie, and an Audiophile.
post #20 of 56 Old 09-25-2012, 08:47 AM

Liked: 14
Too many options and not enough options, all within a few posts of each other. Gotta love the internet.
shaijordan likes this.
post #21 of 56 Old 09-25-2012, 09:00 AM

I'm still confused. All I need to know is, all these options as you said, can I get BDA and BDV of the concert. All in one preferrably...if there's one with those two options, plus CD(s), DVD(s), and the digital copy that, for once I will actually use (we don't have the time to just get the file uploaded, and when we decide, "lets get all those digital copies and UV stuff outta the way", they are always expired; some are expired at the time of purchase. Sorry, me and my tangents.

BDA (is it truly available) and BDV...am I making two purchases? One purchase is great, but I don't mind two. CD/DVD(s) and digital copy/UV are welcome, but unnecessary.
post #22 of 56 Old 09-25-2012, 09:01 AM

Is the vinyl anything "special"? 180-200 gram, &/or 45 RPM?
post #23 of 56 Old 09-25-2012, 09:03 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaijordan View Post

I'm still confused. All I need to know is, all these options as you said, can I get BDA and BDV of the concert. All in one preferrably...if there's one with those two options, plus CD(s), DVD(s), and the digital copy that, for once I will actually use (we don't have the time to just get the file uploaded, and when we decide, "lets get all those digital copies and UV stuff outta the way", they are always expired; some are expired at the time of purchase. Sorry, me and my tangents.
BDA (is it truly available) and BDV...am I making two purchases? One purchase is great, but I don't mind two. CD/DVD(s) and digital copy/UV are welcome, but unnecessary.

I made two purchases: BD-Audio and the 2 CD + 1 BD + 1 DVD. The BD-Audio seems to only be available as a standalone.
shaijordan likes this.
post #24 of 56 Old 09-25-2012, 09:14 AM

All apologies; I posted "...is a BDA version truly available.." after pulling a knee-jerk Zeppelin freak, surround junkie, Audiophile reaction. So many options, and I let it get the better of me. I have a good idea that if both the BDA and the BDV have dts-HDMA...theyre probably going to be the same...although the one BDA I have is in the 10-13 Mbps range for dts-HDMA, and uncompressed PCM at 13.8 Mbps...MUCH higher than any BDV Ive seen; or at least I have never seen double digits. I was to the understanding that a BDA,not having to worry about video, or at least not much, was what gave it "room" to get those ridiculously high numbers.
post #25 of 56 Old 09-25-2012, 09:18 AM

I have faith that the BDA will have a stereo track that matches (doubt it will exceed), the surround "resolution" (I prefer "digital fidelity")
post #26 of 56 Old 09-25-2012, 09:25 AM

God bless, and thanks! So you know the specs for both BDA and BDV? (even so, with only the Rush BDA I have, that's my only reference. It was in 96/24 Stereo, dts-HDMA (slight compression), and uncompressed PCM at 13.8 Mbps (which is far out of what I was always taught was the 'maximum' for, well, ever-2.304 Mbps WAS the MAX at 96/24...so I'll be asking about that. At a later time..
post #27 of 56 Old 09-25-2012, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaijordan View Post

I'm just so excited as a Zeppelin fan, and a surround junkie, and an Audiophile.

It's going to be a tough 2 month wait biggrin.gif.

post #28 of 56 Old 09-25-2012, 09:36 AM

Hey Shai, it's yourself here :P
Yes. 180 gram vinyl
post #29 of 56 Old 09-25-2012, 09:39 AM

Well...didn't think about the having to wait!tongue.gif The October 11th family reunion (I mean US by family) should help.

Can't be coincidence that Bonzo passed away 33 years ago today.
post #30 of 56 Old 09-25-2012, 12:03 PM

Excellent! Now if Page would only give the whole Zep catalog the same treatment...yeah that's the ticket! Come on Jimmy surround us with your Zeppelin!
Reply Surround Music Formats

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page