Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt99 View Post

Ok.Ok. I give. Never heard it either.
Ordered.

Gotta be better than Diana Krall anyway eek.gif

It's definitely different from Diana Krall. I love her voice but her interpretation of so many songs is dreadful, IMO. She loves to slow things down, doesn't she?

I heard some samples of Cheese and immediately knew it would be great in surround. I didn't know I'd like the album so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 07-04-2013, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post

It's definitely different from Diana Krall. I love her voice but her interpretation of so many songs is dreadful, IMO. She loves to slow things down, doesn't she?

I heard some samples of Cheese and immediately knew it would be great in surround. I didn't know I'd like the album so much.
Agreed on Diana Krall. No hate, just not my cup of tea.
Got the Primus discs yesterday and listened in 2 channel first.
Sounds great. I didn't think I'd heard this album before but about 4 seconds in it all came back to me.
Uh yeah, it'll be interesting to hear this in surround and interesting to see how much I listen to it.
I really need to save for the upcoming fall releases as I definitely will be getting the Yes, Jethro Tull, King Crimson & XTC releases.

It ain't ignorance causes so much trouble; it's folks knowing so much that ain't so

post #33 of 38 Old 07-05-2013, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I have quite a few Primus CDs but not this one so it was a no brainer. Hope to spin it later today.

Re: DK I'm not a huge fan but some how I end up with all her releases. I actually enjoy Patricia Barber more or better yet Madeleine Peyroux (no SACDs but some very nice HDCDs). I'm a big fan of DKs husband though.

Tom

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #34 of 38 Old 07-05-2013, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Agreed on Diana Krall. No hate, just not my cup of tea.
Got the Primus discs yesterday and listened in 2 channel first.
Sounds great. I didn't think I'd heard this album before but about 4 seconds in it all came back to me.
Uh yeah, it'll be interesting to hear this in surround and interesting to see how much I listen to it.
I really need to save for the upcoming fall releases as I definitely will be getting the Yes, Jethro Tull, King Crimson & XTC releases.

Don't forget the mighty Zeppelin. Even if they aren't in surround there's more than a few I'm gonna grab!
post #35 of 38 Old 07-05-2013, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Is the Zep set a fer sure deal?

It ain't ignorance causes so much trouble; it's folks knowing so much that ain't so

post #36 of 38 Old 07-07-2013, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is the Zep set a fer sure deal?

As of now, they are coming out. Supposedly they'll start in the fall. The big question is with Jimmy. He the arbitrator of the Zeppelin legacy. Unfortunately, he works at his own pace and is pretty hands on with the finished product.
post #37 of 38 Old 07-08-2013, 02:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post

As of now, they are coming out. Supposedly they'll start in the fall. The big question is with Jimmy. He the arbitrator of the Zeppelin legacy. Unfortunately, he works at his own pace and is pretty hands on with the finished product.

I had not heard of any upcoming HiRez releases from Led Zep. Will they be 5.1? All or just specific titles? On BluRay? Thanks smile.gif.

Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #38 of 38 Old 07-08-2013, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

I had not heard of any upcoming HiRez releases from Led Zep. Will they be 5.1? All or just specific titles? On BluRay? Thanks smile.gif.

Bill

Last I heard, there are supposed to be 2 disc deluxe editions of each album. The only info came from Jimmy Page. There's been some conjecture on the Hoffman boards (to say the least) but no one knows for sure what will be on them, or if they will be hi-rez. It wouldn't be too much of a guess to figure there will be outtakes, live stuff and a remastering of the albums. Don't forget people hate the 90's remastering of the catalog (the box set) which was supervised personally by Jimmy.

Hopefully. we'll know by the fall. biggrin.gif
Reply Surround Music Formats

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page