Warning: Man of Steel Deluxe Edition - DTS Headphone X surround track download - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-12-2013, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 40
The Man of Steel Deluxe edition includes a code for a DTS Headphone X surround version of the album, but the implementation of the download makes this effectively worthless. If you're thinking of buying the deluxe edition for the DTS tracks, don't. The extra 6 tracks on disc 2 are basically rehashes of material from disc 1; the real reason to buy the deluxe edition is the DTS tracks.

The downloading is handled through the Z+ app on IOS and android. You enter a code from your mobile browser, and the Z+ app is then able to download the full album in DTS Headphone X. So far, so good. The problem I ran into was that many tracks wouldn't download, so I deleted and reinstalled the app. Big mistake.

Once you've redeemed your code, you can NEVER delete the app from your phone without losing the DTS tracks forever, because the tracks (all 400MB worth) cannot be redownloaded. The code is a one-time use, and the tracks are not restored if you press the "restore purchases" button. There is also no way to back up the tracks, because they're embedded in the app, and unlike in-app purchases and code redemptions that go through itunes, there's no way to transfer the tracks to other devices on your account.

Email support is non-responsive so far, and other Z+ users on itunes are reporting the same problem. Really pissed that I spent an extra $8 on the deluxe edition for nothing.

[UPDATE] Got a new code from Z+ this morning, and was able to download. Still have no way to save the files or otherwise preserve them if something goes wrong with my phone, but it is what it is at this point.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there, thank you for posting this up! Do you have any idea if they have updated the app so that our purchases are saved. The problem you mentioned here is making me reluctant to purchase the ultimate soundtrack. Hope there's a fix!
Old 07-11-2013, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I found a way to backup the files, but it's not supported. I posted it in this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475529/dts-headphone-x-makes-debut-with-man-of-steel-score/100_50

Post 147.