Are there any good techno sacd's - AVS Forum
Surround Music Formats > Are there any good techno sacd's
hesse5's Avatar hesse5 10:11 PM 06-17-2013
These are all mulichannel SACD's pretty much electronic.
Le Silence (this is actual trance but good luck finding it)
Reflections (trance)
3 groove armadas
deep forest (trance)
leiben (trance)
goldfrapp
bjork
DJ Krush (tecno)
both pink floyds (just because)

These are surround but not SACD
badboy bill
hybrid
awaken
crystal method
These are surround but not SACD

Best EVER
Tipper surrounded (this dvd audio puts all other to shame)

I have all of these except love box by grove armada. I have the best non-classical sacd collection. I really buy all of the multichannel sacds. I am always looking and always buying. Feel free to ask me a question...... or for help or whatever.

bobpaule's Avatar bobpaule 07:28 PM 07-09-2013
Ditto on Groove Armada, they all start out slow then just dig under your skin and become hypnotizing. Love that group, absolutely fantastic MCH mixing.
Hard to find though, took me several years until I fished out reasonable pricing over 3 continents, thx God Amazon account works for com, .co.uk, .de, .fr, and .jp:)

Thanks to you I ordered Le Silence, Goldfrapp, and DJ Krush, did not even know they existed before.

I believe you were referring to Schiller's Leben, great disc I have it.
bobpaule's Avatar bobpaule 07:15 PM 07-22-2013
"Tipper-Surrounded" is a frigging downtempo sound orgy. I thought I'd fire the DVD-Audio up
and check my emails, forget about it, it sucks you in like nothing else. Wiki speaks:

Surrounded was released in 2004 by fledgling 5.1 venture MyUtopia Recordings;[7] eventually nominated as Best Album Intended for Surround Sound [8] this Downtempo album also marked a turn in Tipper’s musical output away from the NuSkool genre which he was more widely associated with...Tipper set off on a non-stop touring schedule for two years, with London only a temporary base between tours. Constantly seen living out of his suitcase, and keeping his ‘studio’ in his backpack, earned him the temporary moniker The Global Nomad.
Late 2004 saw his Surrounded album re-released as a DualDisc title, and this in turn led to the creation of his personal MP3 Surround Sound Player, by mp3 rights holders Fraunhofer Society. Regarded as one of the foremost composers in the multichannel realm, Tipper continues to provide content for a number of companies who use his highly detailed productions to demonstrate their own advanced technologies.[9]"

Ditto, the king of Downtempo, nothing even comes close, MLP 5.1 is a real high resolution format,
OMG shame i only had one DVD-Audio and 530 SACDs. This will change very soon, i joined quadraphonicquad too.
holt7153's Avatar holt7153 01:03 PM 07-23-2013
ti-triodes's Avatar ti-triodes 05:13 PM 07-23-2013
Quote:

Yes, but you have to be careful with the Dualdisc. Word is that not all of them are DVD-Audio, although this one specifically says it is so it should be fine. IIRC, the 5.1 of some is in Dolby Digital.
holt7153's Avatar holt7153 10:12 AM 07-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post

Yes, but you have to be careful with the Dualdisc. Word is that not all of them are DVD-Audio, although this one specifically says it is so it should be fine. IIRC, the 5.1 of some is in Dolby Digital.

OK, thanks for the info.
rdgrimes's Avatar rdgrimes 10:46 AM 07-27-2013
Quote:

Quote:

I have one of the DVD-A of this title FS on eBay right now. Its DVD only, both DVD-V and DVD-A content. HR content is 5.1 24/96 and stereo 24/96. Lossy content is DD.
holt7153's Avatar holt7153 01:11 PM 07-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

I have one of the DVD-A of this title FS on eBay right now. Its DVD only, both DVD-V and DVD-A content. HR content is 5.1 24/96 and stereo 24/96. Lossy content is DD.

Did you not like the disc (or rip it)?
rdgrimes's Avatar rdgrimes 03:15 PM 07-27-2013
^^^'
I've never kept a DVD-A, but I have lots of ISO files. wink.gif
holt7153's Avatar holt7153 03:38 PM 07-27-2013

I recently shipped my blus off to ISO-land and DVD-As will be next. The convenience factor is incredible and I can't believe it took me so long to do it. Now if only SACDs were a little easier...
Djoel's Avatar Djoel 03:58 PM 07-29-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by holt7153 View Post

I recently shipped my blus off to ISO-land and DVD-As will be next. The convenience factor is incredible and I can't believe it took me so long to do it. Now if only SACDs were a little easier...

Do tell Steve....Sounds very interesting.

Dan
holt7153's Avatar holt7153 04:27 PM 07-29-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

Do tell Steve....Sounds very interesting.

Dan

Hey Dan-

I'm ripping all of my discs (except SACDs) to network attached storage, so I have hundreds of blurays and thousands of CDs and DVD-As at my fingertips. It's a fun project--PM me if you're interested.
Djoel's Avatar Djoel 07:50 PM 07-29-2013
Quote:

Hey Dan-

I'm ripping all of my discs (except SACDs) to network attached storage, so I have hundreds of blurays and thousands of CDs and DVD-As at my fingertips. It's a fun project--PM me if you're interested.

Thanks Steve, will PM by the end of the week..I have this Sony 400 changer bdp that I'm getting tired off..

Dan
bobpaule's Avatar bobpaule 05:41 PM 07-30-2013
I got DJ Krush Jaku SACD Stereo finally after an initial all too common Amazon CD bait-and-switch.
The experience is immersive, and I kept checking my amps and display to make sure it was in Stereo,
esp with track 9.

I got DB's Cherry Mint in DVD-Audio and while some tracks shine a bit, the bass is horrible and blaring
like out of some Cerwin-Wegas at an obscure band's show. Not recommended!
bobpaule's Avatar bobpaule 05:45 PM 07-30-2013
Quote:

Doubt it, mine was one disc.

However, drop Moviemars a line and ask, I buy often from him on Amazon, him GoHastings and Importcds are really the elite in my book.
holt7153's Avatar holt7153 10:18 PM 07-30-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpaule View Post

Doubt it, mine was one disc.

However, drop Moviemars a line and ask, I buy often from him on Amazon, him GoHastings and Importcds are really the elite in my book.

I sent them an e-mail the other day and they said they couldn't confirm if it was actually a DVD-A, but I could return it if it wasn't as advertised. I've been dealing with frustrating return issues lately with both Amazon and ImportCDs so I'm not going to bother.
ti-triodes's Avatar ti-triodes 03:51 PM 08-02-2013
Quote:

I sent them an e-mail the other day and they said they couldn't confirm if it was actually a DVD-A, but I could return it if it wasn't as advertised. I've been dealing with frustrating return issues lately with both Amazon and ImportCDs so I'm not going to bother.

I checked my copy and there was no info anywhere on the jacket about hi rez surround sound, only that the album has a surround mix. In fact it wasn't until I loaded it in my player and the menu came up that there was a DVD-A mix along with Stereo and Dolby Digital. Really dumb.
Djoel's Avatar Djoel 06:16 PM 08-03-2013
Quote:

Hey Steve I ordered a copy last week, will keep everyone posted once I play it.

Dan
holt7153's Avatar holt7153 12:58 PM 08-06-2013
Quote:

I checked my copy and there was no info anywhere on the jacket about hi rez surround sound, only that the album has a surround mix. In fact it wasn't until I loaded it in my player and the menu came up that there was a DVD-A mix along with Stereo and Dolby Digital. Really dumb.

Interesting, thanks. I received one marked in the same fashion and will pop it in the Oppo.
holt7153's Avatar holt7153 12:59 PM 08-06-2013
Quote:

Hey Steve I ordered a copy last week, will keep everyone posted once I play it.

Dan

right on, thanks Dan.
Djoel's Avatar Djoel 09:23 PM 08-09-2013
Quote:

right on, thanks Dan.

Hey Steve I got the Tripper Surrounded from the ebay link you posted, first of all the packaging resembles a Dual Disc type disc, with the plastic insert and logo. There's a CD/Redbook side, and a DVD side just like a dual disc, I played the DVD side, when the menu pops there's claim of the disc actually being a DVD-A, 5.1, as well as playing in Dolby Digital. Well there's a tiny DVD logo with the words video audio.
This one has one disc, I think I read someone mentioning multi disc cases and it not being the right version or something.

Well it also says DVD-A on my Oppo, that's should be enough evidence it's the real deal..

The music start a little hooky, but it really trips out nicely there are some interesting videos that are more affective if you're tripping*********cough****** shrooms oh pardon me..wink.gif

Anyways not a bad disc for the price, good luck

Dan
Djoel's Avatar Djoel 09:56 PM 08-09-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpaule View Post

I got DJ Krush Jaku SACD Stereo finally after an initial all too common Amazon CD bait-and-switch.
The experience is immersive, and I kept checking my amps and display to make sure it was in Stereo,
esp with track 9.

From what vendor did you buy your DJ Krush Jaku ?

Thanks

Djoel
holt7153's Avatar holt7153 09:23 AM 08-10-2013
Quote:

Hey Steve I got the Tripper Surrounded from the ebay link you posted, first of all the packaging resembles a Dual Disc type disc, with the plastic insert and logo. There's a CD/Redbook side, and a DVD side just like a dual disc, I played the DVD side, when the menu pops there's claim of the disc actually being a DVD-A, 5.1, as well as playing in Dolby Digital. Well there's a tiny DVD logo with the words video audio.
This one has one disc, I think I read someone mentioning multi disc cases and it not being the right version or something.

Well it also says DVD-A on my Oppo, that's should be enough evidence it's the real deal..

The music start a little hooky, but it really trips out nicely there are some interesting videos that are more affective if you're tripping*********cough****** shrooms oh pardon me..wink.gif

Anyways not a bad disc for the price, good luck

Dan

Thanks for the info, Dan. I left my Tipper copy at work so I'll grab it and test it out on Monday (minus the shrooms since it's a school night tongue.gif).
Djoel's Avatar Djoel 09:35 AM 08-10-2013
Quote:

Thanks for the info, Dan. I left my Tipper copy at work so I'll grab it and test it out on Monday (minus the shrooms since it's a school night tongue.gif).

Great that you got it, I'm sure you'll appreciate it you enjoy most genre, good idea about the you know what. wink.gif

Dan
Up
Mobile  Desktop