'Digital Copy' of movie-- Are they always 2-channel? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-07-2013, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I received a DVD which contained a HD-Digital copy on it. I thought that was pretty neat. This was not a Hollywood movie, so it was prolly always 2-channel anyway. But I got a question. When they do 'Digital Copy' like the above, and you end up with the movie on your computer in mp4 format... Can it be in 5.1 or better? Or do Digital copies always lose the HD audio? Is mp4 capable of higher quality?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-24-2013, 05:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkjr3d View Post

I received a DVD which contained a HD-Digital copy on it. I thought that was pretty neat. This was not a Hollywood movie, so it was prolly always 2-channel anyway. But I got a question. When they do 'Digital Copy' like the above, and you end up with the movie on your computer in mp4 format... Can it be in 5.1 or better? Or do Digital copies always lose the HD audio? Is mp4 capable of higher quality?

Some have surround audio, some are only in stereo. It just depends on the movie. I know that all the HD versions have stereo AND surround. As far as I know, all you're doing is getting a code to download the iTunes version for free and it's BS because it's always in SD, not HD. It's not due to the movie being in .m4v format, it's because it's the crappy SD version, not the good HD version.

You're better off making your own backups from the BD though via MakeMKV and Handbrake.
Reply Surround Music Formats

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page