Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 37 Old 01-13-2014, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

I have seen a few interviews where James Guthrie has said that there will be a SACD with a 5.1 mix of the Wall. He just couldn't give any time frame for the release. I just did a quick search for the most recent interview with James Guthrie where he mentions the Wall SACD but I couldn't find it.

Bill

Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath. FWIW, I'd prefer Meddle or Animals in surround- maybe even Obscured by Clouds. But only if they do standalone, CD/DVD or CD/BR sets. No more insanely priced boxsets. (I believe they put marbles in those immersion sets as a joke, since people paying those prices must have lost some of theirs...) No offense to anyone who bought them intended, if I had plenty of disposable income I might have paid it, but I still would have felt ripped off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 01-13-2014, 07:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWinVA View Post

Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath. FWIW, I'd prefer Meddle or Animals in surround- maybe even Obscured by Clouds. But only if they do standalone, CD/DVD or CD/BR sets. No more insanely priced boxsets. (I believe they put marbles in those immersion sets as a joke, since people paying those prices must have lost some of theirs...) No offense to anyone who bought them intended, if I had plenty of disposable income I might have paid it, but I still would have felt ripped off.

I would much prefer Animals than The Wall as well. But if an SACD with a 5.1 mix of The Wall is released I'll definitely buy it.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #33 of 37 Old 01-14-2014, 06:20 AM

Quote:

I would much prefer Animals than The Wall as well. But if an SACD with a 5.1 mix of The Wall is released I'll definitely buy it.

Bill

Most definitely, I'd be all-in for that too. I just don't think it will happen anytime soon, though I'd love to be proven wrong. I also can't understand why the movie hasn't been released on BR yet.
post #34 of 37 Old 01-14-2014, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:

What Pink Floyd albums are currently available? I have DSOTM and Wish you Were Here.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

post #35 of 37 Old 01-14-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendtoy View Post

What Pink Floyd albums are currently available? I have DSOTM and Wish you Were Here.

You've got 'em all.

One reason for hope is that Steve Wilson has stated he'd like to do some Floyd surround mixes. But who knows how receptive the band/ label will be...
post #36 of 37 Old 01-15-2014, 05:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:

One reason for hope is that Steve Wilson has stated he'd like to do some Floyd surround mixes. But who knows how receptive the band/ label will be...

That would be great. But I doubt either Gilmour or Waters would use anyone but James Guthrie to do future surround mixes of their albums.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #37 of 37 Old 01-15-2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:

That would be great. But I doubt either Gilmour or Waters would use anyone but James Guthrie to do future surround mixes of their albums.

Bill

That's too bad, since it doesn't seem to be getting done. Though maybe that has nothing to do w/ JG; wasn't the WYWH 5.1 mix done for like 5 years or more before we finally got it?

And even if SW did get the nod, who knows when he'd have a chance to get to it. He's one prolific artist.
Reply Surround Music Formats

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page