Problem with Histoire de Melody Nelson in 5.1 DTS HD MA Blu-Ray Pure Audio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nil

post #1 of 9 Old 03-30-2014, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Track 5 - L'Hotel Particulier - is just static noise in 5.1 DTS. Tried playing it on different blu-ray players, same thing. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-30-2014, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razvanel View Post

Track 5 - L'Hotel Particulier - is just static noise in 5.1 DTS. Tried playing it on different blu-ray players, same thing. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,

R
Sorry to hear that. Never had a problem with that disc. Just to be sure I played track before posting. Sounds fine. Are you having the same problem with 2.0 or just 5.1?
post #3 of 9 Old 03-31-2014, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just in DTS 5.1 and only if I let track 4 play and then track 5. If I play track 5 directly then I don't have a problem. I just read that someone in France has the same problem. PCM 5.1 is fine.

R
post #4 of 9 Old 06-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Nil

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Sadly, I have the same issue with track 5 on 5.1 DTS-HD, and a bit of static in later tracks as well. An LG Blu-Ray player that may need to be pensioned off at this rate. However, the 5.1 96/24 PCM selection has no issues, and neither did the 2.0 version. But it has to be heard in surround. To me it sounded as though the 5.1 DTS-HD was sonically better than the 5.1 PCM, except for that nasty static, but it could just be the settings on my AVR

This is a great recording! It clearly influenced Beck's Sea Changes some 30 years later, and I heard aspects of Lou Reed's Transformer in it (or vice versa) as well.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-25-2014, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Well what a bummer...

Serge Gainsbourg's - Histoire De Melody Nelson does not appear to be available via the UK Universal Music 'Pure Audio' Store...

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
post #6 of 9 Old 06-25-2014, 05:14 PM
Nil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Well what a bummer...

Serge Gainsbourg's - Histoire De Melody Nelson does not appear to be available via the UK Universal Music 'Pure Audio' Store...
Have you tried Amazon UK? I picked my copy from Amazon US, and there are several sellers listed there, including Deep Discount. Came to under $25 with shipping. It was well worth the price. The surround mix is excellent.
post #7 of 9 Old 06-26-2014, 01:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post
Have you tried Amazon UK? I picked my copy from Amazon US, and there are several sellers listed there, including Deep Discount. Came to under $25 with shipping. It was well worth the price. The surround mix is excellent.
Yes... As of yesterday, only the CD was available.

I will check-out Amazon France and Germany this afternoon

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
post #8 of 9 Old 06-27-2014, 08:35 AM
Nil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Yes... As of yesterday, only the CD was available.

I will check-out Amazon France and Germany this afternoon
I hope that you were successful. If not it appears to be back at the UK site (http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...nelson+blu-ray ), GBP 18 for a new disc, minus shipping. There is also a 2 CD + 5.1 DVD deluxe version listed there. Couldn't tell if it was DVD-A or DVD-V.
SeeMoreDigital likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 06-27-2014, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post
I hope that you were successful. If not it appears to be back at the UK site (http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...nelson+blu-ray ), GBP 18 for a new disc, minus shipping. There is also a 2 CD + 5.1 DVD deluxe version listed there. Couldn't tell if it was DVD-A or DVD-V.
Many thanks... It's ordered and hopefully on its way

Reply Surround Music Formats

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page