• 1 Post By Toe
  • 1 Post By lesotritio

post #1 of 10 Old 05-01-2014, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter
Nil

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
A plug for this classic from 1972. The surround audio is quite good and can be listened to without the video, which is sometimes just a bit eye-rolling (the crowd scenes and the naked guy grooving in the distance behind Jerry, for example smile.gif) But it brought a smile to my face; those were special times!

On 4/20 (when else?) the box set from Dead.net came with free shipping making the pricey set worth my while. Some great playing by Jerry, and Keith's piano stands out in the mix as does Phil's bass.

http://www.dead.net/store/1970s/sunshine-daydream-deluxe-cdblu-ray-exclusive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-02-2014, 06:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I concur. 1972 was a paramount year for GD smile.gif
post #3 of 10 Old 05-25-2014, 12:25 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post

A plug for this classic from 1972. The surround audio is quite good and can be listened to without the video, which is sometimes just a bit eye-rolling (the crowd scenes and the naked guy grooving in the distance behind Jerry, for example smile.gif) But it brought a smile to my face; those were special times!

On 4/20 (when else?) the box set from Dead.net came with free shipping making the pricey set worth my while. Some great playing by Jerry, and Keith's piano stands out in the mix as does Phil's bass.

http://www.dead.net/store/1970s/sunshine-daydream-deluxe-cdblu-ray-exclusive

The entire show is not in surround though, right? I saw this in the theater and as I remember, it's not the entire show?

Classic show though. Dark Star> El Paso> Sing Me Back Home is one of the greatest moments in the history of the band!

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #4 of 10 Old 05-27-2014, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter
Nil

Yes, unfortunately the surround mix is only for the select tracks in the movie. The package also comes with 3 additional regular 2-channel CDs that have the entire (or as close to an entire) performance between them. However, the True HD soundtrack in surround contains some excellent tracks, and sounds noticeably better than the CD version to my ears. I am very happy with this purchase.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-27-2014, 08:12 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Yes, unfortunately the surround mix is only for the select tracks in the movie. The package also comes with 3 additional regular 2-channel CDs that have the entire (or as close to an entire) performance between them. However, the True HD soundtrack in surround contains some excellent tracks, and sounds noticeably better than the CD version to my ears. I am very happy with this purchase.

Thanks. At least they put the best part of the show in True HD with the Dark Star> El Paso> Sing Me Back Home......I need to buy it just for that. cool.gif

EDIT: Just ordered! Looking forward to it.

post #6 of 10 Old 05-28-2014, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter
Nil

Going by your avatar, I know that you will. smile.gif

If you don't have the DVD-A of the Soldiers and Sailors War Memorial 1979 concert already, you should look up the link provided some years ago on this forum. Well worth it for the surround sound matrix mix. There is a great version of the less frequently played Althea in there, as well as a superb China>Rider, among others. More importantly, the audio is as good as it gets.
Toe likes this.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-28-2014, 08:12 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

If you don't have the DVD-A of the Soldiers and Sailors War Memorial 1979 concert already, you should look up the link provided some years ago on this forum. Well worth it for the surround sound matrix mix. There is a great version of the less frequently played Althea in there, as well as a superb China>Rider, among others. More importantly, the audio is as good as it gets.

Thanks for the heads up on the DVD-A. I actually did get that a while back and have listened to the first set, but still need to fire up the second. Thanks for the reminder! The audio is great as you mention.

post #8 of 10 Old 05-29-2014, 12:56 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Thanks for the heads up on the DVD-A. I actually did get that a while back and have listened to the first set, but still need to fire up the second. Thanks for the reminder! The audio is great as you mention.

I did a search and found the thread, but the link goes to archive.org where there's only streaming available. Are the iso's available to d/l somewhere?
post #9 of 10 Old 07-26-2014, 08:56 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Finally got around to watching the blu ray with the GF last night and we LOVED it. Audio is fantastic and this whole set is worth it for the Dark Star>El Paso, Sing Me Back Home........one of the best 3 song segments in the history of the band IMO. Thanks OP for encouraging me to grab this!
Nil likes this.

post #10 of 10 Old 07-29-2014, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
yep,Audio is fantastic and this whole set is worth it for the Dark Star>El Paso, Sing Me Back Home,[IMG]http://*******/pQ9tzh[/IMG]thanks
Toe likes this.
Reply Surround Music Formats

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page