AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Surround Music Formats (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/112-surround-music-formats/)
-   -   Ordering Audio Fidelity "Crank It Up Legends" (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/112-surround-music-formats/1572946-ordering-audio-fidelity-crank-up-legends.html)

al210 06-19-2014 07:48 PM

Ordering Audio Fidelity "Crank It Up Legends"

I pre ordered. I think this will be 2 channel. Can't wait to see how well all these different tracks sound.

acebreathe 06-19-2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al210 (Post 25110466)
I pre ordered. I think this will be 2 channel. Can't wait to see how well all these different tracks sound.

Ordered this a while back and then the release date was pushed back till end of this month. Hoping it doesn't get delayed again

ti-triodes 06-20-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acebreathe (Post 25112626)
Ordered this a while back and then the release date was pushed back till end of this month. Hoping it doesn't get delayed again

I have them on pre-order also. The guys who get it direct from AF are starting to receive them. No word from the other vendors but it won't be long.

al210 06-20-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ti-triodes (Post 25130457)
I have them on pre-order also. The guys who get it direct from AF are starting to receive them. No word from the other vendors but it won't be long.

Mine is coming from Amazon. Their site says "release date to be announced" :confused:

mikejedi123 06-20-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al210 (Post 25135265)
Mine is coming from Amazon. Their site says "release date to be announced" :confused:

Amazon just sent me to be received by July 1st.... so acn't wait for both of these awesome titles... the dudes on SH forum said they sound awesome!!! :)

acebreathe 06-21-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejedi123 (Post 25136905)
Amazon just sent me to be received by July 1st.... so acn't wait for both of these awesome titles... the dudes on SH forum said they sound awesome!!! :)

You're lucky. Checked Amazon said July 15 release date with no delivery date yet. Glad at least that the people that have them say they sound awesome.

ti-triodes 06-22-2014 03:07 PM

Here's a copy of the notice I got from Amazon. Their estimates are usually not anywhere near the mark though. It could be sooner or later. Since they're already out, it's probably sooner. ;)

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on May 05, 2014

Chicago "Legends: Crank It Up"
Estimated arrival date: July 21, 2014 - July 25, 2014

al210 06-22-2014 06:47 PM

My order now says release date July 15th also. Nothing else about estimated shipping. :(

mikejedi123 06-22-2014 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al210 (Post 25178530)
My order now says release date July 15th also. Nothing else about estimated shipping. :(

Mine now say July 15th for Both titles and i talked to an Amazon rep who confirmed i will be getting them by the 15th @ 8 pm.. well at least its something!! Can't wait to get these.. even if i have to wait a little longer than i expected!!

ematcion 06-23-2014 03:37 PM

I wonder why the delay?

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3923/...cf05776d_n.jpghttps://farm6.staticflickr.com/5473/...c1239079_n.jpg

mikejedi123 06-23-2014 11:56 PM

Who knows.. Amazon sometimes gets stuff later than other outlet's from what i can tell... oh well.. i have to wait a few more weeks... :(

al210 06-24-2014 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejedi123 (Post 25214161)
Who knows.. Amazon sometimes gets stuff later than other outlet's from what i can tell... oh well.. i have to wait a few more weeks... :(

Just got my Amazon order update. Delivery Estimate Monday, July 21, 2014 - Friday, July 25, 2014 by 8:00pm :(

ti-triodes 06-24-2014 02:30 PM

It's a normal delay from AF. The people who order directly from them always get it a few weeks before everyone else. Maybe Amazon is not getting a full allotment for all the preorders or they're just being cautious with their delivery estimates. Every other vendor I checked says 7/1.

I wound up canceling my Amazon order and took advantage of ImportCD's 10% sale. It wound up cheaper. I don't have to give all my money to Amazon, just most of it. ;)

ti-triodes 06-30-2014 03:39 PM

Import CD's shipped out both of my discs on Sat. I'm looking forward to these. All reports so far are giving them rave reviews.

al210 07-03-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ti-triodes (Post 25391506)
Import CD's shipped out both of my discs on Sat. I'm looking forward to these. All reports so far are giving them rave reviews.

How are these? What you initial review?

mikejedi123 07-04-2014 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al210 (Post 25469938)

here is what i just posted on SH forums... FYI..... :)

Just listened to these last night with my wife and our dog... All i gotta say is , Steve, you outdid yourself.. from "Time of The Season" by The Zombies, OMG... the seperation and clarity... amazing!! "FWIW" Buffalo Springfield.. never have i heard it like this....!! "How Long" by Ace.. always wanted to hear this in high-res and I got my wish.. sounds great!! The guitar part coming up on the right is particularly clear and present!! "Schools Out" By Mr. Cooper, awesome!! I don't have the gold cd's of Mr. Cooper, but this one sounds frickin cool! Thats just some of my initial off-the cuff thoughts/review's..More to come... I love these sets!!!!!!! http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/images...rangesmile.gif

acebreathe 07-04-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejedi123 (Post 25498842)
here is what i just posted on SH forums... FYI..... :)

Just listened to these last night with my wife and our dog... All i gotta say is , Steve, you outdid yourself.. from "Time of The Season" by The Zombies, OMG... the seperation and clarity... amazing!! "FWIW" Buffalo Springfield.. never have i heard it like this....!! "How Long" by Ace.. always wanted to hear this in high-res and I got my wish.. sounds great!! The guitar part coming up on the right is particularly clear and present!! "Schools Out" By Mr. Cooper, awesome!! I don't have the gold cd's of Mr. Cooper, but this one sounds frickin cool! Thats just some of my initial off-the cuff thoughts/review's..More to come... I love these sets!!!!!!! http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/images...rangesmile.gif

Thanks for the review. Amazon moved my order up one week supposed to have both by Wednesday. Can't wait.

ti-triodes 07-07-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al210 (Post 25469938)

I only listened to Get It On so far. I'm flabbergasted. It's not a stretch to say we've probably heard most of these songs thousands of times thanks to radio. This is the first time I've really heard them. The work SH did on them is astonishing. Just about every song had a WOW! moment. Even songs I can't listen to anymore like Smoke On The Water are astonishing in the level of detail Steve brought out. SOTW, Spirit In The Sky and Light My Fire stand out for me but all sound great.

If you're on the fence about getting these, don't hesitate. They're that good.

al210 07-07-2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ti-triodes (Post 25560458)
I only listened to Get It On so far. I'm flabbergasted. It's not a stretch to say we've probably heard most of these songs thousands of times thanks to radio. This is the first time I've really heard them. The work SH did on them is astonishing. Just about every song had a WOW! moment. Even songs I can't listen to anymore like Smoke On The Water are astonishing in the level of detail Steve brought out. SOTW, Spirit In The Sky and Light My Fire stand out for me but all sound great.

If you're on the fence about getting these, don't hesitate. They're that good.

That sounds great. I'm scheduled to get "Crank It Up" this week. I may have to get "Get It On" as well after your review.