Forum Jump: 

Old 07-24-2014, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Allman Brothers Fillmore east recordings

Anyone know if the 5.1 tracks are in lossless format or just dts or dolby digital.
Rick

RickP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2014, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPas View Post
Anyone know if the 5.1 tracks are in lossless format or just dts or dolby digital.
Rick
If they are CDs, they can't be 5.1 Dolby Digital or DTS, but if they are DVDs or Blu-ray, they could be 5.1 in either format. I am assuming you speak of the new 6 disc release.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickPas View Post
Rick
Assuming you refer to the new BD release, I think you can assume its just a conversion of the SACD release, which also has 5.1 content. Probably a matrixed surround derived from the stereo master. I can't find a reliable track list for the SACD, which was released twice. But the BD does appear as if it might have more content.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Assuming you refer to the new BD release, I think you can assume its just a conversion of the SACD release, which also has 5.1 content. Probably a matrixed surround derived from the stereo master. I can't find a reliable track list for the SACD, which was released twice. But the BD does appear as if it might have more content.
You are incorrect inregard to the new "The 1971 Fillmore East Recordings" three disc Blu-ray set. This release has been remixed and uses all new 5.1 mixes. It is not a "conversion" of the Mercury Fillmore East SACD. The Blu-ray set will be hi-res with most likely DTS-MA and possibly DD True HD but I'm not a 100% sure of the audio formats. There will also be a hi-res stereo mix as well.

http://www.hittinthenote.com/cart/p-1683-allman-brothers-bandbrthe-1971-fillmore-east-recordings.aspx

Bull Moose easily has the best price for the Blu-ray set.

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/16646691/allman-brothers-band-1971-fillmore-east-recordings-blu-ray-audio

Below are a few links from over at the Steve Hoffman forum discussing the 1971 Fillmore East Recordings.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/lunch-with-bill-levenson-today-allman-brothers-band-listening-party.368946/

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/allman-brothers-band-fillmore-box-set.341341/

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Just to follow up on Bill's post. This isn't just a rehash of the Live at the Fillmore SACD but all four shows from that weekend plus the set from the Fillmore's last weekend, so there's bound to be new mixes.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Darn... Bull Moose has stopped taking orders for this release.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hendrix View Post
Darn... Bull Moose has stopped taking orders for this release.
Joe,

I just looked at my 1971 Fillmore East Recordings Blu-ray order at Bull Moose and it says "Your item is here! We will hold it until 08/10". I called the store and the Blu-ray set is there but they can't sell it to me till Tuesday the 29th. I was all excited as I thought I'd have the Blu-ray set before everyone else.

On the order page it says "Available in store only" and "We have temporarily suspended taking orders for this item. We expect to start taking orders again the week of July 29" so if you wait Bull Moose might then begin shipping at that time.

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/16646691

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Got my order Sunday morning. Have only listened to the first show so far. The mix is very similar to the original SACD in that the band is presented across the front, left- center -right, with the rears used for audience reaction. It sounds ok with Elizabeth Reed sounding the best IMHO at least in this show. There is a nice booklet that comes with the set and a continuous slide show of band photos runs on screen if you have your tv on. All tracks are 96/24 and are available in DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, Dolby TrueHD 5.1, or Dolby TrueHD Stereo. Really looking forward to hearing the rest of the shows, particularly the one I was at.