Duran Duran Live in London - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-05-2007, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This concert is really good. I'm not a big Duran Duran fan, but I have to say that they put on an excellent show and they sound exactly like their albums.

DVD rating:

Content: 10 out of 10. Every major song was on the playlist, my favorite Rio being the grand finale; about 1 hour 30 minutes and 20 songs. There is even a 20 minute documentary on their history.

Sound: 10 out of 10. No flaws - 4 choices of audio, Dolby Digital 5.1, SBS 5.1, Pro Logic, DTS 5.1 (the best of course). It has excellent ambiance, and detailed lows and highs.

Picture: 6.5 out of 10. Despite being advertised as filmed in HD, the transfer had many artifacts at long range. Not all cameras were HD and that was apparent in the transfer. The colors were vibrant and the picture wasn't bad. It is wide-screen aspect.

I plugged in the sub, but forgot to turn it on, and it still had excellent bass. I later tried it with the sub, and thought that I would either have to turn the sub down or not use it at all. I played it between -20 and -18 dbs, and after the concert was over, my ears kinda hurt. It was like actually being at a concert.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-12-2007, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I too enjoyed this one a lot. The song selection was excellent as they focused on the original five LP line up which includes most of their best stuff. They could have played some more material in their current LP but that would have made it into a 2Hr onslaught.

Well worth the price.
Reply Surround Music Formats

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page