5.1 HD Audio Music Night at AIX - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-29-2007, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
During the past year, I finally got the chance to build and equipment my studio/media room. Starting with a 16-foot tall bow-truss building, a great designer and a lot of work, my dream room came together. The equipment is B&W 801 III at the five points of the ITU circle, a TMH Labs Profunder subwoofer, Runco VX-2c, Stewart 136" Greyfire Screen, Audience and Cardas Cables, Meridian 800/861, Niveus Media K2 Media Server and Bryston amplication. The room is 30' x 23' x 12 feet with a large disfuser on the ceiling.

Of course, I have a Euphonix System 5 HD digital console in the middle of the room but otherwise it is much more like a home theater than the normal recording room.

I'm considering having an open house or music listening session every once in a while for people in the Southern California area that might be interested and willing to come over for a couple of hours. My mantra is always you cannot know how great HD audio in surround can be without experiencing...and thus I'm happy to present my content, explain my methods and do comparisons for AVS readers that are in the area.

I'd love to get an idea of how many people might like to come by. It would probably be on a weekday evening from 7-9 pm. I'm figuring how often do you get to visit the mother ship...I know I would enjoy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-29-2007, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Send a message via AIM to Rayjr Send a message via Yahoo to Rayjr Send a message via Skype™ to Rayjr
I would be interested, depending on what night it would be.

RayJr
post #3 of 4 Old 04-29-2007, 12:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1430 Post(s)
Liked: 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. AIX View Post

I'm figuring how often do you get to visit the mother ship...

Twice so far. First when you hosted the LA/OC Audio Society, and then on opening day (I hope your projector isn't still perched on a pile of cardboard boxes).

Both visits were a treat. Great audio I was expecting, but was surprised by how good the HD video looked. Definitely willing to come by again.

BTW, thanx for the samplers at EHX last October. I've worn out the grooves, so to speak.

Best,
Sanjay

Sanjay
post #4 of 4 Old 04-29-2007, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The projector is happily mounted from the ceiling...and we've gotten a bigger and better screen. I'm on my way to New York for the HE 2007 show in the middle of May. I'm thinking we would host a small gathering in June sometime.
Reply Surround Music Formats

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page