What are your most recent Hi-Res purchases? - Page 168 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 153Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5011 of 10596 Old 02-22-2012, 11:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Pet Motel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DeKalb, IL.
Posts: 471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post

Jay,

I'm interested in your opinion of the Byther Smith SACD when you get a chance.

I'll let you know when I have been able to listen to it, I just placed the order for those titles on Tuesday. I just hope it's as good as the Mighty Sam McClain albums I recently purchased. Sam is a superb blues singer (he doesn't play an instrument), one of the best I have heard.

Have you received the "Rocksteady" disc yet? I'm interested to hear what you think of that one.

Jay

Heavily addicted SACDBA member, starting the twelve steps tomorrow!
Jay
Pet Motel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5012 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 03:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jproy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East of West, Canada
Posts: 1,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate-avfan-da View Post

Quick side question as I am sure between all on this thread I can get help

My fat PS3 bit the dust today so I am out also a SACD player.

Is there an inexpensive SACD player out there? I only need SACD playback, no DVDA, BD, etc. I don't own any DVDA and already have a standalone BD player. My wife is already mad I am getting a new PS3 lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan dhp View Post

Sony bdp-s380 can be picked up for around $80. Or try the usual spots for used players.

Yup, I'm using my bdp-s370 and it does the job.
jproy13 is online now  
post #5013 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 05:56 AM
Advanced Member
 
upstate-avfan-da's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan dhp View Post


Sony bdp-s380 can be picked up for around $80. Or try the usual spots for used players.

I looked at the 380 and it doesn't mention SACD playback on the product description on amazon. Is it just an oversight? May be able to slip that under the radar lol the price isn't bad.

Bit by the upgrade bug, limited by the WAF
upstate-avfan-da is offline  
post #5014 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 06:30 AM
Member
 
volfan dhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Yeah, Sony doesn't list its SACD capabilities on most of their bluray players. Trust me I just bought mine about a week ago. It'll do the job for you.
volfan dhp is offline  
post #5015 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 06:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,609
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post

Jay,

I'm interested in your opinion of the Byther Smith SACD when you get a chance.

Martin,

I listened to the Byther Smith SACD briefly at a friends house the other night. We were listening to the MCH layer and the lead guitar was very prominent in the left surround. Not my preference to have this type of mix as I prefer the main instruments to be more forward in the LCR speakers. That is why I do not care for the Jeff Beck's Blow By Blow SACD as his guitar is placed in the surrounds on a few tracks. From what I understand the MCH mix is based from the original quad mix.

As far as the music on the Byther Smith SACD it seems more like SRV than Mighty Sam McClain. I wish I had more time to listen to this SACD. When I do I would probably listen to it in 2CH.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

 

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is offline  
post #5016 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 08:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,609
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 504
I borrowed a copy of the Jimmy Cobb Quartet - Jazz in the Key of Blue SACD and it sounds outstanding. It is a MCH SACD but I'm listening to it in 2CH. The second track With You I'm Born Again is a great song showcasing the talents of Roy Hargrove on trumpet. I'll be ordering this SACD real soon as it is priced quite low at around $15.00 shipped from Amazon. I wanted to add that the more I listen to this SACD the more I am impressed. Not only in the music but the SQ as well. I tried the MCH mix and there seems to be no output from the center channel, I much prefer the 2CH mix. Reminds me in a way of some of Miles Davis' albums.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

 

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is offline  
post #5017 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Pet Motel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DeKalb, IL.
Posts: 471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

I borrowed a copy of the Jimmy Cobb Quartet - Jazz in the Key of Blue SACD and it sounds outstanding. It is a MCH SACD but I'm listening to it in 2CH. The second track With You I'm Born Again is a great song showcasing the talents of Roy Hargrove on trumpet. I'll be ordering this SACD real soon as it is priced quite low at around $15.00 shipped from Amazon. I wanted to add that the more I listen to this SACD the more I am impressed. Not only in the music but the SQ as well. I tried the MCH mix and there seems to be no output from the center channel, I much prefer the 2CH mix. Reminds me in a way of some of Miles Davis' albums.

Bill

Interesting that there is nothing coming from the center. What label is this album?

Chesky's "multi-channel" discs are only 4.0 with no sub track, no center track, and surrounds are just ambiance. I have a bunch of these, SQ is always top notch, but they are basically just stereo mixes with some room reflection cues present in the surrounds.

Edit: just clicked the link, sure enough it's a Chesky! What diffrerence did you notice between the stereo, and multi mixes?

Jay

Heavily addicted SACDBA member, starting the twelve steps tomorrow!
Jay
Pet Motel is offline  
post #5018 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
5150zx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

I borrowed a copy of the Jimmy Cobb Quartet - Jazz in the Key of Blue SACD and it sounds outstanding. It is a MCH SACD but I'm listening to it in 2CH. The second track With You I'm Born Again is a great song showcasing the talents of Roy Hargrove on trumpet. I'll be ordering this SACD real soon as it is priced quite low at around $15.00 shipped from Amazon. I wanted to add that the more I listen to this SACD the more I am impressed. Not only in the music but the SQ as well. I tried the MCH mix and there seems to be no output from the center channel, I much prefer the 2CH mix. Reminds me in a way of some of Miles Davis' albums.

Bill

Bill, great choice on ordering this disc. I got my copy from Amazon last week and has quickly become one of my favorite hi-res discs. Roy Hargrove........oh my!!! I used SACD.net for looking up Chesky catalog on hi-res and purchased a total of SEVEN SACD's from Amazon market place for GREAT prices! Another I'm looking forward to getting soon is a Chesky by pianist David Hazeltine titled: Manhattan. Trio Jazz ala Bill Evans/Motian/LaFaro.

Also, for those with the ability to play DVD-Audio discs, HIGHLY RECOMMEND Ray Brown's 'Soular Energy'. I believe it's also on SACD but way more $$$$$.
Sonics and performance is amazing. Another on DVD-Audio is called 'Trio' by Ray Brown, Monty Alexander and Russel Malone. Wonderful.

And, I should be getting 'Listen Here' on SACD today. Yes, I paid too much for this title, but, what the h*ll. I had the Cd (which sounds fantastic, BTW), but I wanted to here and own the hi-res version. I LOVE this record!

Enjoy the music!

George
5150zx is offline  
post #5019 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Pet Motel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DeKalb, IL.
Posts: 471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150zx View Post

Bill, great choice on ordering this disc. I got my copy from Amazon last week and has quickly become one of my favorite hi-res discs. Roy Hargrove........oh my!!! I used SACD.net for looking up Chesky catalog on hi-res and purchased a total of SEVEN SACD's from Amazon market place for GREAT prices! Another I'm looking forward to getting soon is a Chesky by pianist David Hazeltine titled: Manhattan. Trio Jazz ala Bill Evans/Motian/LaFaro.

Also, for those with the ability to play DVD-Audio discs, HIGHLY RECOMMEND Ray Brown's 'Soular Energy'. I believe it's also on SACD but way more $$$$$.
Sonics and performance is amazing. Another on DVD-Audio is called 'Trio' by Ray Brown, Monty Alexander and Russel Malone. Wonderful.

And, I should be getting 'Listen Here' on SACD today. Yes, I paid too much for this title, but, what the h*ll. I had the Cd (which sounds fantastic, BTW), but I wanted to here and own the hi-res version. I LOVE this record!

Enjoy the music!

George

Famous last words, and I quote "Don't get me started", decided to order the Jimmy Cobb title and also ended up with:

Dub Side of the Moon/Easy all Stars
Love Drum Talk/Olatunji Babatunde
New York reunion/Tyner McCoy Quartet
West of 5th/Hank Jones
One on One/Terry Clark
Structures/John Abercrombie

Does anyone know it there is a "high-rez anonymous" group to help with my addiction ?


Jay

Heavily addicted SACDBA member, starting the twelve steps tomorrow!
Jay
Pet Motel is offline  
post #5020 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
upstate-avfan-da's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan dhp View Post

Yeah, Sony doesn't list its SACD capabilities on most of their bluray players. Trust me I just bought mine about a week ago. It'll do the job for you.

Great!! Thanks

Bit by the upgrade bug, limited by the WAF
upstate-avfan-da is offline  
post #5021 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 02:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,609
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet Motel View Post

Does anyone know it there is a "high-rez anonymous" group to help with my addiction ?
Jay

Yes, it is called SACDBA (SACD Buyers Anonymous). We were having weekly meetings but no one seems to want to stop buying SACDs.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

 

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is offline  
post #5022 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
5150zx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet Motel View Post

Famous last words, and I quote "Don't get me started", decided to order the Jimmy Cobb title and also ended up with:

Dub Side of the Moon/Easy all Stars
Love Drum Talk/Olatunji Babatunde
New York reunion/Tyner McCoy Quartet
West of 5th/Hank Jones
One on One/Terry Clark
Structures/John Abercrombie

Does anyone know it there is a "high-rez anonymous" group to help with my addiction ?


Jay

Let's hold hands Jay, we'll get through this together! Seven total Cheskys in the last two weeks. That's just a small sample of the SACD's and DVD-A I purchased of late.
5150zx is offline  
post #5023 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Pet Motel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DeKalb, IL.
Posts: 471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150zx View Post

Let's hold hands Jay, we'll get through this together! Seven total Cheskys in the last two weeks. That's just a small sample of the SACD's and DVD-A I purchased of late.

Thanks guys, I will have my wife put a parental lock on Amazon on my computer for a while, maybe that will get me calmed down LOL!

I suppose I'm starting to get paranoid about many of the titlles that are still available going OOP, and prices skyrocketing on them. With Telarc out of business for quite a while now, I will definitely be scouring their titles, their SQ has never let me down.

Jay

Heavily addicted SACDBA member, starting the twelve steps tomorrow!
Jay
Pet Motel is offline  
post #5024 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 05:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 16,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 265
FYI,
You guys who are enjoying Gene Harris: Listen Here! Get a copy of "Ray Brown Trio: Soular Energy". It's available on DVD-A at 24/192 and also on SACD. It's one of the best recordings of the acoustic bass you'll ever hear, and great music. Gene Harris is also on it.
rdgrimes is online now  
post #5025 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Member
 
blaven2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1. Blue Coast Collection The E.S.E Sessions SACD: A+++ sound, music, low level detail...awesome
2. Moonlight Acoustica AIX Allstar Band: A+
3. Depeche Mode Violator DVD-A: This is what Multichannel is all about, in my opinion, rivals Sea Change for the multichannel mix, like listening to this album for the 1st time
4. Bach - The Conductors Transcriptions SACD
5. Mighty Sam McLain - Blues for the Soul: Just not that into the music, too much horn in my blues (doesn't hold a candle to the Telarc Junior Wells Come on in This House)
6. REM - Automatic For the People DVD-A: Another great MC mix
7. Grateful Dead - American Beauty: not loving this mix, great music
8. Peter Gabriel New Blood Live in London - BluRay: superb

Depeche Mode was $100 and, dare I say, worth it...it is what MC music is all about, I could not be happier with that purchase

I could not recommend the Blue Coast SACD more highly...great acoustic blues and a little folk
blaven2 is offline  
post #5026 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JJHXBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sandpoint, ID & Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 1,106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaven2 View Post

1. Blue Coast Collection The E.S.E Sessions SACD: A+++ sound, music, low level detail...awesome
2. Moonlight Acoustica AIX Allstar Band: A+
3. Depeche Mode Violator DVD-A: This is what Multichannel is all about, in my opinion, rivals Sea Change for the multichannel mix, like listening to this album for the 1st time
4. Bach - The Conductors Transcriptions SACD
5. Mighty Sam McLain - Blues for the Soul: Just not that into the music, too much horn in my blues (doesn't hold a candle to the Telarc Junior Wells Come on in This House)
6. REM - Automatic For the People DVD-A: Another great MC mix
7. Grateful Dead - American Beauty: not loving this mix, great music
8. Peter Gabriel New Blood Live in London - BluRay: superb

Depeche Mode was $100 and, dare I say, worth it...it is what MC music is all about, I could not be happier with that purchase

I could not recommend the Blue Coast SACD more highly...great acoustic blues and a little folk

I was not aware that Depeche Mode Violator came as a DVD-A.
So far I have only seen the CD + DVD version which is Dolby and DTS 5.1 or the EU version which has the MCH SACD + PAL DVD.
JJHXBR is offline  
post #5027 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
USAFChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Heath, OH
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150zx View Post

Bill, great choice on ordering this disc. I got my copy from Amazon last week and has quickly become one of my favorite hi-res discs. Roy Hargrove........oh my!!!

Also, for those with the ability to play DVD-Audio discs, HIGHLY RECOMMEND Ray Brown's 'Soular Energy'. I believe it's also on SACD but way more $$$$$.
Sonics and performance is amazing. Another on DVD-Audio is called 'Trio' by Ray Brown, Monty Alexander and Russel Malone. Wonderful.

And, I should be getting 'Listen Here' on SACD today. Yes, I paid too much for this title, but, what the h*ll. I had the Cd (which sounds fantastic, BTW), but I wanted to here and own the hi-res version. I LOVE this record!

Enjoy the music!

George

George,

You and Bill are costing me money! Anything with "Oh my!!!", all caps, and "fantastic" and I'm on e-bay/amazon licity split.

I received my 'Listen Here' disc a couple of days ago...talk about an A1 wind-down disc. My kind of jazz and a great disc in my opinion.

****************
Martin

SACD Library:  http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7540/1

 

Outlaw 970 Pre-Pro, Outlaw 7125 Amp, Oppo BDP-95 Universal Player, Panasonic TC-P50GT25 Plasma, Aperion VGT/VGT Center/532LR surrounds/Dual Outlaw LFM-1 EX subs, Anti-Mode 8033 Cinima, Denon AH-D2000 headphones

USAFChief is offline  
post #5028 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
USAFChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Heath, OH
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaven2 View Post

1. Blue Coast Collection The E.S.E Sessions SACD: A+++ sound, music, low level detail...awesome

I forgot to mention....A++++, especially on acoustic blues, get's my wallet opened as well.

Edit: Added to the collection today (go figure):
Blue Coast Collection The E.S.E Sessions SACD
Jimmy Cobb Quartet - Jazz in the Key of Blue
Monty Alexander: Jamboree
Hybrid/MCH

Please see "reason for editing:"

I would like to throw my name in the hat for SACDBA Treasurer…you can trust me!

****************
Martin

SACD Library:  http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7540/1

 

Outlaw 970 Pre-Pro, Outlaw 7125 Amp, Oppo BDP-95 Universal Player, Panasonic TC-P50GT25 Plasma, Aperion VGT/VGT Center/532LR surrounds/Dual Outlaw LFM-1 EX subs, Anti-Mode 8033 Cinima, Denon AH-D2000 headphones

USAFChief is offline  
post #5029 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
USAFChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Heath, OH
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
WTH...I have now determined that the market price for SACDs on e-bay is my bid plus a $1.

Last couple of days I missed out on Buddy Guy - DJ Play My Blues and Bob James - In Hi-Fi...and a few others.

The 2.0 HDTracks verion of 'DJ' just made me want the MCH SACD all the more...great disc/perfomance. I appearantly didn't want it enough.

****************
Martin

SACD Library:  http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7540/1

 

Outlaw 970 Pre-Pro, Outlaw 7125 Amp, Oppo BDP-95 Universal Player, Panasonic TC-P50GT25 Plasma, Aperion VGT/VGT Center/532LR surrounds/Dual Outlaw LFM-1 EX subs, Anti-Mode 8033 Cinima, Denon AH-D2000 headphones

USAFChief is offline  
post #5030 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JJHXBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sandpoint, ID & Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 1,106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post

WTH...I have now determined that the market price for SACDs on e-bay is my bid plus a $1.

Last couple of days I missed out on Buddy Guy - DJ Play My Blues and Bob James - In Hi-Fi...and a few others.

The 2.0 HDTracks verion of 'DJ' just made me want the MCH SACD all the more...great disc/perfomance. I appearantly didn't want it enough.

Sorry about that Martin. Guess I had the extra dollar.

Just kidding.

I feel your pain as I have certainly lost my share on e-Pay.

On a positive note you have my vote for SACDBA Treasurer even though we will most likely go bankrupt.
JJHXBR is offline  
post #5031 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Pet Motel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DeKalb, IL.
Posts: 471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJHXBR View Post

Sorry about that Martin. Guess I had the extra dollar.

Just kidding.

I feel your pain as I have certainly lost my share on e-Pay.

On a positive note you have my vote for SACDBA Treasurer even though we will most likely go bankrupt.

Yep you get my vote as well! Just got back from the tax pro, we get a whopping $1054 back (split two ways of course) I've about spent mine in the last week on new music! I'm dragging myself away from the keyboard, to go watch season 7 of Weeds.

Nothing like 20 new titles on their way to keep me smiling for a while! Might have to hold off on the blues albums for a bit, I'm not feeling it .

Heavily addicted SACDBA member, starting the twelve steps tomorrow!
Jay

Heavily addicted SACDBA member, starting the twelve steps tomorrow!
Jay
Pet Motel is offline  
post #5032 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 08:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,609
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post

I would like to throw my name in the hat for SACDBA Treasureryou can trust me!

Martin,

You have my vote. I'm sure our money will be well spent. I'll go for the Presidents position especially if I can appropriate funds at my discretion. That is if there are any funds left.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

 

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is offline  
post #5033 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Djoel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,739
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet Motel View Post

Famous last words, and I quote "Don't get me started", decided to order the Jimmy Cobb title and also ended up with:

Dub Side of the Moon/Easy all Stars
Love Drum Talk/Olatunji Babatunde
New York reunion/Tyner McCoy Quartet
West of 5th/Hank Jones
One on One/Terry Clark
Structures/John Abercrombie

Does anyone know it there is a "high-rez anonymous" group to help with my addiction ?


Jay

AHHHH where did you get that???? and in what format, it has to be DVD-A, right? Send us a link please.. Oh and there aren't any supports groups you're on your own...Like we all are, my collection has grown 6-8% in the last few weeks

Djoel
Djoel is offline  
post #5034 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 09:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bill Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 11,609
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Just bought:

The Red Hot Ray Brown Trio SACD

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

 

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Bill Mac is offline  
post #5035 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
USAFChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Heath, OH
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

Just bought:

The Red Hot Ray Brown Trio SACD

Bill

Amazon has a used copy of the other Ray Brown (DVD-A) you were looking for...$35.

****************
Martin

SACD Library:  http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7540/1

 

Outlaw 970 Pre-Pro, Outlaw 7125 Amp, Oppo BDP-95 Universal Player, Panasonic TC-P50GT25 Plasma, Aperion VGT/VGT Center/532LR surrounds/Dual Outlaw LFM-1 EX subs, Anti-Mode 8033 Cinima, Denon AH-D2000 headphones

USAFChief is offline  
post #5036 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
USAFChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Heath, OH
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

Martin,

You have my vote. I'm sure our money will be well spent. I'll go for the Presidents position especially if I can appropriate funds at my discretion. That is if there are any funds left.

Bill

"I did not have misappropriation of funds with that woman!"

****************
Martin

SACD Library:  http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7540/1

 

Outlaw 970 Pre-Pro, Outlaw 7125 Amp, Oppo BDP-95 Universal Player, Panasonic TC-P50GT25 Plasma, Aperion VGT/VGT Center/532LR surrounds/Dual Outlaw LFM-1 EX subs, Anti-Mode 8033 Cinima, Denon AH-D2000 headphones

USAFChief is offline  
post #5037 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Pet Motel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DeKalb, IL.
Posts: 471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

AHHHH where did you get that???? and in what format, it has to be DVD-A, right? Send us a link please.. Oh and there aren't any supports groups you're on your own...Like we all are, my collection has grown 6-8% in the last few weeks

Djoel

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Drat, went to look at the details, this is a regular CD .

Jay

Heavily addicted SACDBA member, starting the twelve steps tomorrow!
Jay
Pet Motel is offline  
post #5038 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
USAFChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Heath, OH
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet Motel View Post

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Drat, went to look at the details, this is a regular CD .

Jay

That's not happened to any of US

****************
Martin

SACD Library:  http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7540/1

 

Outlaw 970 Pre-Pro, Outlaw 7125 Amp, Oppo BDP-95 Universal Player, Panasonic TC-P50GT25 Plasma, Aperion VGT/VGT Center/532LR surrounds/Dual Outlaw LFM-1 EX subs, Anti-Mode 8033 Cinima, Denon AH-D2000 headphones

USAFChief is offline  
post #5039 of 10596 Old 02-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
USAFChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Heath, OH
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

AHHHH where did you get that???? and in what format, it has to be DVD-A, right? Send us a link please.. Oh and there aren't any supports groups you're on your own...Like we all are, my collection has grown 6-8% in the last few weeks

Djoel

No kidding...I"m buying them like they are OOP or something.

Get 'um while you can...smoke 'um if you got 'um.

To be honest, I have ordered so many of late I have a spreadsheet of what I ordered, who I ordered from, when I ordered with expected arrival date just to keep up with it. I've still got 32 in the mail ...eek ...is that a sign????

I need a minute...breath...My name is Martin and I have a SACD problem...it's been 2 hours since my last purchase. All together....HELLO Martin.

****************
Martin

SACD Library:  http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7540/1

 

Outlaw 970 Pre-Pro, Outlaw 7125 Amp, Oppo BDP-95 Universal Player, Panasonic TC-P50GT25 Plasma, Aperion VGT/VGT Center/532LR surrounds/Dual Outlaw LFM-1 EX subs, Anti-Mode 8033 Cinima, Denon AH-D2000 headphones

USAFChief is offline  
post #5040 of 10596 Old 02-24-2012, 03:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Pet Motel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DeKalb, IL.
Posts: 471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post

No kidding...I"m buying them like they are OOP or something.

Get 'um while you can...smoke 'um if you got 'um.

To be honest, I have ordered so many of late I have a spreadsheet of what I ordered, who I ordered from, when I ordered with expected arrival date just to keep up with it. I've still got 32 in the mail ...eek ...is that a sign????

I need a minute...breath...My name is Martin and I have a SACD problem...it's been 2 hours since my last purchase. All together....HELLO Martin.

Heavily addicted SACDBA member, starting the twelve steps tomorrow!
Jay

I think I have a new sig!

We need to appoint a therapy director, and hold weekly meetings. Anyone remember the scene in "Finding Nemo" where the sharks are holding their "fish are not food" meetings? A bit of backsliding if I remeber correctly LOL!

BTW, Weeds ended with one hell of a cliffhanger!

Jay

Heavily addicted SACDBA member, starting the twelve steps tomorrow!
Jay
Pet Motel is offline  
Reply Surround Music Formats

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off