post #10141 of 10143 Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM
Wireless member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by seemoredigital View Post
yes, i'm happy to confirm that the 'a farewell to kings' part of the boxed-set contains a 'cd audio' disc and a 'dvd-audio' disc complete with 6ch 96khz/24-bit.mpl files
enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10142 of 10143 Old Yesterday, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Steve Hackett- Genesis revisited - Live at Royal Albert Hall

Heads-up for you prog-heads out there, there is a deluxe special edition of the Live concert Steve Hackett and band performed at the Royal Albert Hall that contains a BluRay with a high-rez 4.1 mix of this stupendous performance:

https://www.burningshed.com/store/In...duct/523/5757/

The mix is mostly hall ambiance in the rears, and the main channels are not compressed and are 24/96. Only issue I have with it is the bass is *cranked* on this mix.
Not sure if the CD is as well, have yet to spin that.
Note that it is a quad (4.1) mix, so your center channel will be left alone. For most systems, that's probably a good thing.

Video quality for the BluRay is outstanding, and a very sane and calm person was at the editing desk, so we actually get to see the right players play, he does not linger on just the singer, and does not suffer from the *%#@ ADD every other editor seems to have. So this is one of the best concert films I've seen in a while.
The fact that I love the content a lot probably helps ;-)

Last edited by JonFo; Today at 06:37 AM. Reason: Spl
post #10143 of 10143 Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
"Crank it Up" Audio Fidelity SACD hybrid
"Get it On" Audio Fidelity SACD hybrid

Both sound amazing.. here is a mini review i just did recently...( cross-posted from SH forum(s)....)

Just listened to these last night with my wife and our dog... All i gotta say is , Steve, you outdid yourself.. from "Time of The Season" by The Zombies, OMG... the seperation and clarity... amazing!! "FWIW" Buffalo Springfield.. never have i heard it like this....!! "How Long" by Ace.. always wanted to hear this in high-res and I got my wish.. sounds great!! The guitar part coming up on the right is particularly clear and present!! "Schools Out" By Mr. Cooper, awesome!! I don't have the gold cd's of Mr. Cooper, but this one sounds frickin cool! Thats just some of my initial off-the cuff thoughts/review's..More to come... I love these sets!!!!!!!

Mike
Reply Surround Music Formats

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page