post #10381 of 10383 Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado Red View Post
Bill...for some reason, on Amazon.ca I'm getting 'not yet released' on the Where Did Everyone Go? SACD. Anyway, I noticed this one coming out in October on HFPA, I needed a little something to get me over the hump for free shipping on my Songs From The Big Chair blu ray pre order so jumped on this one. It's a blind buy, but not too pricey at $22 CDN.

Bill,

That's odd that the Where Did Everyone Go? SACD is listed as "not yet released". The SACD is still available on Amazon (US) from Acoustic Sounds for $35.00 plus shipping. I checked out The Extraordinary Blu-Ray and it looks interesting. But I would be hesitant to order it blind without seeing some reviews. I'm listening to music this morning and just put on the Where Did Everyone Go? SACD. If you can buy as many of the NKC APO SACDs as they sound excellent !

Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10382 of 10383 Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
Bill,

That's odd that the Where Did Everyone Go? SACD is listed as "not yet released". The SACD is still available on Amazon (US) from Acoustic Sounds for $35.00 plus shipping. I checked out The Extraordinary Blu-Ray and it looks interesting. But I would be hesitant to order it blind without seeing some reviews. I'm listening to music this morning and just put on the Where Did Everyone Go? SACD. If you can buy as many of the NKC APO SACDs as they sound excellent !

Bill
I'm sure when we first discussed this a week or two ago, I had checked on .ca and the discs were there, so I'm not sure what happened, I'll be keeping tabs on that. Buying via .com raises the price a bit for me. For sure, buying an HFPA blind is a risky proposition, with their hit and miss record. I'm just living recklessly this morning

Bill
post #10383 of 10383 Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Just bought:

Freddie Hubbard: Hub Cap - APO SACD
http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/7180

Freddie Hubbard: Hub-Tones - APO SACD
http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/7118

Lou Donaldson: Sunny Side Up - APO SACD
http://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/7182

Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Reply Surround Music Formats

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page