What are your most recent Hi-Res purchases? - Page 359 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 237Likes
post #10741 of 10752 Old 01-25-2015, 10:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiman View Post
All ripped to 3X 4TB external HD.

1000 sacds in ISO format (from the PS3 + sacd ripper)
1500 various in flac and/or WAV.
That's one serious collection! I just started moving redbooks and SACD's to files and loading on a Synology NAS. I can't believe I waited this long to go all server-based.
SeeMoreDigital and al210 like this.

McIntosh MX121. McIntosh MC205. Focal Aria 948 Main Speakers, Aria CC900 Center. Focal Electra IC 1002 In-Ceiling Surrounds. Paradigm Studio Sub 15. Oppo BDP-105D. Roku XS. Roku 3. Apple TV(3). "Silenzio" EA-2 Media Server (pc-based). DirecTV. Panasonic TC-P65VT50. Samsung UN40FH6030F, URC MX-780.
My current SACD list
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10742 of 10752 Old 01-25-2015, 11:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
I just finished listening to the Grateful Dead American Beauty MOFI SACD. I'm not a huge Dead fan but I always enjoyed this album. I can say without a doubt that this SACD sounds outstanding ! Well worth buying if you are a Dead fan, a fan of this album or just like great sounding music. importcds has the SACD in stock for $22.81 plus shipping.

Bill
This is an absolutely awesome SACD, some of MFSL's better work.
post #10743 of 10752 Old Yesterday, 03:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Getting slammed by Juno with no place to go let it snow etc. Perfect time for some hi rez audio catching up although two channel only for now thru headphones don't want to wake up anyone! Stay safe.
post #10744 of 10752 Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by acebreathe View Post
Getting slammed by Juno with no place to go let it snow etc. Perfect time for some hi rez audio catching up although two channel only for now thru headphones don't want to wake up anyone! Stay safe.
Ace,

You be safe as well! I'm getting ready to do stage one of shoveling and snowblowing. Before that I'm having a cup of tea and listening to Chet Baker's "Chet" APO SACD . Everyone in the Northeast be careful out there!

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #10745 of 10752 Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM
Wireless member

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Ace,

You be safe as well! I'm getting ready to do stage one of shoveling and snowblowing. Before that I'm having a cup of tea and listening to Chet Baker's "Chet" APO SACD . Everyone in the Northeast be careful out there!

Bill
The Blizzard of 2015 was a no-show here in south central PA. Two inches yesterday and an inch overnight. I did like how the NY media started referring to it as a bust while coastal MA, NH and ME had 32" down and counting.
acebreathe likes this.
post #10746 of 10752 Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM
Wireless member

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Am listening right now to Ray Brown, John Clayton, Christian McBride - Super Bass 2, MCH SACD ... nice! And can't wait to hear it in my theater!! (Am on my 5.1 main workstation system right now.)
gprace likes this.
post #10747 of 10752 Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Ace,

Bill
Well the storm of the century snow wise thankfully was a dud. They were predicting 2ft of snow in my area ended up with about 6 inches. I'm not complaining though but I do have to go back to work. Don't overdo the shoveling Bill let the snowblower do all the work. Hope everyone is safe and sound.
post #10748 of 10752 Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by acebreathe View Post
Well the storm of the century snow wise thankfully was a dud. They were predicting 2ft of snow in my area ended up with about 6 inches. I'm not complaining though but I do have to go back to work. Don't overdo the shoveling Bill let the snowblower do all the work. Hope everyone is safe and sound.
Ace,

Thanks . Yes I let the snowblower do most of the work. I'm glad you and others here missed the storm. Fortunately the snow is very light so it's very easy to move. Just got out of the hot tub so I'm all set for round two in a few hours .

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #10749 of 10752 Old Today, 07:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post
The Blizzard of 2015 was a no-show here in south central PA. Two inches yesterday and an inch overnight. I did like how the NY media started referring to it as a bust while coastal MA, NH and ME had 32" down and counting.
I'm a fellow south central PAer as well. They had us in the 5-10 band Sunday, that changed to 2-5 Monday. Ended up with 2".

I heard something is brewing for Monday-Tuesday?

Sammy 4k UN65HU9000 CURVED - Calman5 Calibrated" ----------- Oppo 103D for Blu Ray & SACD & DVD-A
Marantz SR6009 AVR & Rogue Audio Atlas Tube Amp
Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE--B&W HTM62 Center with Axiom QS4 surrounds ---------- SVS PB-1000 SUBWOOFER
post #10750 of 10752 Old Today, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post
That's one serious collection! I just started moving redbooks and SACD's to files and loading on a Synology NAS. I can't believe I waited this long to go all server-based.
My ps3 ripper is finally coming end of this week. Its so convienent to select music via the network with the Marantz app running on an ipad. No more disk swapping.
Djoel likes this.

Sammy 4k UN65HU9000 CURVED - Calman5 Calibrated" ----------- Oppo 103D for Blu Ray & SACD & DVD-A
Marantz SR6009 AVR & Rogue Audio Atlas Tube Amp
Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE--B&W HTM62 Center with Axiom QS4 surrounds ---------- SVS PB-1000 SUBWOOFER
post #10751 of 10752 Old Today, 01:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by al210 View Post
My ps3 ripper is finally coming end of this week. Its so convienent to select music via the network with the Marantz app running on an ipad. No more disk swapping.
Congrats. Post back and let us know how you made out once you get it and get it up and running.
post #10752 of 10752 Unread Today, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 1306

Just got this DVD-A and at first I thought it wouldn't play in DTS 4.0 on my non-DVD-A player. Whether I clicked on the LPCM 2 channel or DTS 4.0 channel option on the disc menu, it just played 2 channel. Discovered if I went into the player's audio menu I could select the DTS 96/24 2/2ch and it played fine. Don't know if it's the disc or my Panny BD65 but glad I figured it out.

I didn't realize that (most?) DVD-As played in a non-DVD-A player. The only other one I have is The Beatles Love and I mistakenly thought that was some kind of exception.

Excellent disc BTW.

"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye." - HAL 9000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Surround Music Formats

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page