What are your most recent Hi-Res purchases? - Page 416 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 988Likes
post #12451 of 12453 Unread Yesterday, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 977 Post(s)
Liked: 7573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
sa-cd.net and HRAudio.net do not list DVD-Audio, only SACDs and Blu-ray Audio. I wish they did list DVD-Audio but they do not. I have the American Beauty MOFI SACD and it sounds excellent. But no surround mix .

Bill
Interesting

from what I read at the site this morning DVD Audio is defined by them as HRAudio.

I also read, high resolution downloads will be listed in the future?

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12452 of 12453 Unread Yesterday, 08:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
Liked: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr View Post
Interesting

from what I read at the site this morning DVD Audio is defined by them as HRAudio.

I also read, high resolution downloads will be listed in the future?
I just checked HRAudio.net and below is what is on their home page. No mention of DVD-Audio that I could see.

HighResolutionAudio.net (or HRAudio.net for short) is the home for independent information and reviews of hi-res music content ... in both stereo and multichannel ... on disc (including Super Audio CD and Blu-ray Audio) or, in future, digital download. Full details, reviews and links to a number of online vendors for purchase are provided.

By simply creating a login you can comment on the music or reviews, maintain a library here of the music you own and add others to a wish list.

(High Resolution here is defined as anything better than CD quality. Since most music nowadays is recorded, or mastered from analogue, at better than 16bits/44.1kHz it makes sense to acquire the maximum lossless resolution available.)

Bill
eljr likes this.

My SACD collection and HRAudio.net Library, getting larger as my wallet gets smaller ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Wyred 4 Sound SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Oppo BDP-103/105D, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk 1801-TLs, Salk 1801b center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #12453 of 12453 Unread Today, 03:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 977 Post(s)
Liked: 7573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
I just checked HRAudio.net and below is what is on their home page. No mention of DVD-Audio that I could see.

HighResolutionAudio.net (or HRAudio.net for short) is the home for independent information and reviews of hi-res music content ... in both stereo and multichannel ... on disc (including Super Audio CD and Blu-ray Audio) or, in future, digital download. Full details, reviews and links to a number of online vendors for purchase are provided.

By simply creating a login you can comment on the music or reviews, maintain a library here of the music you own and add others to a wish list.

(High Resolution here is defined as anything better than CD quality. Since most music nowadays is recorded, or mastered from analogue, at better than 16bits/44.1kHz it makes sense to acquire the maximum lossless resolution available.)

Bill

isn't dvd-audio 96 kHz/24-bit? This is greater than the 44.1 kHz Cd rate, hence High Res?

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Surround Music Formats