What are your most recent Hi-Res purchases? - Page 416 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 992Likes

post #12451 of 12461 Old 09-28-2016, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 979 Post(s)
Liked: 7610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
sa-cd.net and HRAudio.net do not list DVD-Audio, only SACDs and Blu-ray Audio. I wish they did list DVD-Audio but they do not. I have the American Beauty MOFI SACD and it sounds excellent. But no surround mix .

Bill
Interesting

from what I read at the site this morning DVD Audio is defined by them as HRAudio.

I also read, high resolution downloads will be listed in the future?

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12452 of 12461 Old 09-28-2016, 08:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked: 1209
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr View Post
Interesting

from what I read at the site this morning DVD Audio is defined by them as HRAudio.

I also read, high resolution downloads will be listed in the future?
I just checked HRAudio.net and below is what is on their home page. No mention of DVD-Audio that I could see.

HighResolutionAudio.net (or HRAudio.net for short) is the home for independent information and reviews of hi-res music content ... in both stereo and multichannel ... on disc (including Super Audio CD and Blu-ray Audio) or, in future, digital download. Full details, reviews and links to a number of online vendors for purchase are provided.

By simply creating a login you can comment on the music or reviews, maintain a library here of the music you own and add others to a wish list.

(High Resolution here is defined as anything better than CD quality. Since most music nowadays is recorded, or mastered from analogue, at better than 16bits/44.1kHz it makes sense to acquire the maximum lossless resolution available.)

Bill
eljr likes this.

My SACD collection and HRAudio.net Library, getting larger as my wallet gets smaller ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Wyred 4 Sound SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Oppo BDP-103/105D, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk 1801-TLs, Salk 1801b center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #12453 of 12461 Old Yesterday, 03:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I just checked HRAudio.net and below is what is on their home page. No mention of DVD-Audio that I could see.

HighResolutionAudio.net (or HRAudio.net for short) is the home for independent information and reviews of hi-res music content ... in both stereo and multichannel ... on disc (including Super Audio CD and Blu-ray Audio) or, in future, digital download. Full details, reviews and links to a number of online vendors for purchase are provided.

By simply creating a login you can comment on the music or reviews, maintain a library here of the music you own and add others to a wish list.

(High Resolution here is defined as anything better than CD quality. Since most music nowadays is recorded, or mastered from analogue, at better than 16bits/44.1kHz it makes sense to acquire the maximum lossless resolution available.)

Bill

isn't dvd-audio 96 kHz/24-bit? This is greater than the 44.1 kHz Cd rate, hence High Res?

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
post #12454 of 12461 Old Yesterday, 08:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr View Post
isn't dvd-audio 96 kHz/24-bit? This is greater than the 44.1 kHz Cd rate, hence High Res?
It sure is. But sa-cd.net and HRAudio.net choose not to include DVD-A in their database. I wish they did but I really don't have an issue with it. I'm just happy that there are sites like sa-cd.net and now HRAudio.net. If HRAudio.net were to include DVD-A just think of the huge amount of titles that they would have to add to their database. Maybe you should drop them an email asking why they don't include DVD-A and if they have considered it.

Bill

My SACD collection and HRAudio.net Library, getting larger as my wallet gets smaller ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Wyred 4 Sound SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Oppo BDP-103/105D, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk 1801-TLs, Salk 1801b center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #12455 of 12461 Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Barnes and Noble has 40% off all classical music, including SACD discs. I picked up a couple of Living Stereo stuff for about $6 a disc. Added a book for my kid to get free shipping.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/40-o...0022381&st=EML
eljr and Tornado Red like this.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

post #12456 of 12461 Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
It sure is. But sa-cd.net and HRAudio.net choose not to include DVD-A in their database. I wish they did but I really don't have an issue with it. I'm just happy that there are sites like sa-cd.net and now HRAudio.net. If HRAudio.net were to include DVD-A just think of the huge amount of titles that they would have to add to their database. Maybe you should drop them an email asking why they don't include DVD-A and if they have considered it.

Bill
Bill/All...HRAudio.net supports DVD-A, but they simply haven't added many titles...14 total.

http://www.hraudio.net/music.php?for...label=0&page=1

I have a significant number as well but haven't bothered because of the time involved to request loads.
Bill Mac likes this.

Martin's Library:  http://hraudio.net/library.php?user=11733

Outlaw 990 Pre-Pro, Outlaw 7125 Amp, Oppo BDP-95 Universal Player, Aperion VGT/VGT Center/532LR surrounds/Dual Outlaw LFM-1 EX subs, Anti-Mode 8033 Cinema.
post #12457 of 12461 Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
Bill/All...HRAudio.net supports DVD-A, but they simply haven't added many titles...14 total.

I have a significant number as well but haven't bothered because of the time involved to request loads.
Martin,

Thanks for the heads up on that! I had no idea that HRAudio.net listed DVD-As. I have quite a few as well but I'd guess not as many as you .

Edit: I just checked and found the DVD-A section at HRAudio.net.

Bill

post #12458 of 12461 Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Martin,

Thanks for the heads up on that! I had no idea that HRAudio.net listed DVD-As. I have quite a few as well but I'd guess not as many as you .

Edit: I just checked and found the DVD-A section at HRAudio.net.

Bill
FWIW, I actually sent them an email the other day and explained that I have a bunch of DVD-Audio titles that I would like to have added to their system, and asked if that was something they would be interested in doing. I have not heard back yet.
eljr likes this.

post #12459 of 12461 Old Today, 04:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post

Now this makes sense. It has to be overwhelming for HRAudio to keep up.

They seem to do a great job.

Is there a formal request page to add a title?

I tend to be anal and not being able tolist one or two HIResolution discs really bugs me.

post #12460 of 12461 Old Today, 04:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Can someone educate me on bitrate and high resolution?

For example, I have one Flac file where the bitrate is around 4600, depending on the track, a little higher or a little lower.

I have another Flac file where the bitrate is 600, dependent on which track.

My MP3 bitrates (yes I still have a few) are all under 300.

post #12461 of 12461 Old Today, 05:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 49
There was for the SACD.net site so I'm assuming yes.

I've gone through that process a few times....you basically had to do all the inputs on a title. That's why you would get some titles with lots of detail and other entries would be sparse.

With the new site, it seems to be more consistent; so not sure how it works...just have to sniff around a little.

I'm thinking if I lay in the weeds a bit someone more anal will "get ur done":sunglasses:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Surround Music Formats