What are your most recent Hi-Res purchases? - Page 452 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1705Likes

post #13531 of 13533 Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1567 Post(s)
Liked: 1816
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post
I feel dumb asking ... how do these compare to the 5.1 mixes of the Perception release. And then, from the audiophile to the collector, what about the quad mix release interests you when (I'd bet that) you already own Perception?

Jeff
Not a dumb question at all. I don't have the Perception box set but do have most of the APO SACDs with the 5.1 mixes and the L.A. Woman DVD-A (I believe). I never thought to compare the 5.1 and quad mixes as they'll definitely be very different. When I get a chance I'll compare a few tracks of the quad mixes to the 5.1 mixes. Should be interesting and it's a good idea.

Bill

My SACD collection and HRAudio.net Library, getting larger as my wallet gets smaller ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Wyred 4 Sound SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Oppo BDP-103/105D, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk HT2-TLs, Salk 1801b center, Salk 1801TL (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13532 of 13533 Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM
Wireless member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1059 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Bill, are the 5.1 mixes on the APOs the Botnick mixes from the Perception titles?

Jeff

"The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." W. Gibson

"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater

Last edited by pepar; Yesterday at 09:31 PM.
post #13533 of 13533 Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post
Bill, are the 5.1 mixes on the APOs the Botnick mixes from the Perception titles?

Jeff
I believe the mixes are the same. I have the Perception box set (DVDA) and three of the SACD's. I sat down one time and compared LA Women and to my ears they were exactly the same. I mean to me, they were EXACTLY the same.

I prefer the 5.1 mixes over the quad from the AF 'Best Of'. The 5.1 is just a more engaging mix to my ears. Then again I don't have the recent Blu Ray quad so what do I know..

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Surround Music Formats

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page