Possible King Crimson in surround - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
post #451 of 461 Old 08-08-2015, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Beat'll be out sometime next year from what i've heard.

If a movie or concert video or a TV show isn't on blu ray it darn well should be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 461 Old 08-09-2015, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin j View Post
Beat'll be out sometime next year from what i've heard.

That's what they said last year.
post #453 of 461 Old 08-10-2015, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post
That's what they said last year.
I thought Beat was schedule for release this fall.
These side projects are really getting tiresome to me whehter I want them or not.
Release the goddamm studio releases.
I know they're essentially done and don't take the time to assemble every last minute particle.
I can see why this band has had so many splits, hiatus' etc., etc., etc., etc.
Sooner or later everyone who plays with Fripp gets fed up and moves on while he fritters about cakes and tea.
Pathetic.
ti-triodes likes this.

It ain't ignorance causes so much trouble; it's folks knowing so much that ain't so

Last edited by Milt99; 08-10-2015 at 06:37 PM.
post #454 of 461 Old 08-11-2015, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt99 View Post
I thought Beat was schedule for release this fall.
These side projects are really getting tiresome to me whehter I want them or not.
Release the goddamm studio releases.
I know they're essentially done and don't take the time to assemble every last minute particle.
I can see why this band has had so many splits, hiatus' etc., etc., etc., etc.
Sooner or later everyone who plays with Fripp gets fed up and moves on while he fritters about cakes and tea.
Pathetic.

Absolutely true. I recently read Bill Bruford's "autobiography". I always thought he really liked Fripp since he left Yes for Crimson right when Yes was hitting the big time. He worked longer with Fripp than probably anyone else other than Tony Levin. He slagged Fripp a few times in the book and no one else. Not even the notorious flakes in Yes. Not even Chris Squire who drove everyone else crazy!

But really, how is this any different than other bands? Tales from Topographic Oceans has been done for over a year and still hasn't been rereleased. The crummy extras on the new Zeppelin remasters shows they are just a money grab. I could go on and on since they are so many other examples.

The record companies and musicians act like it's still the golden age. Meanwhile the market place gallops towards streaming and the rest of us aren't getting any younger.
acebreathe likes this.

Last edited by ti-triodes; 08-11-2015 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Fix friggen autocorrect
post #455 of 461 Old 06-28-2016, 02:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 2605
I just read confirmation that "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair" are due for mid-October release. And it turns out that Amazon has pre-orders as does Burning Shed.

And the pantaloon duck, white gooseneck quacked: Webcor, Webcor
post #456 of 461 Old 07-01-2016, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Yup. Finally. Pre-ordered both.

It ain't ignorance causes so much trouble; it's folks knowing so much that ain't so

post #457 of 461 Old 07-01-2016, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 3243
It's my understanding that all the material on these two releases will be included in an upcoming box set. In that case, I'll wait for the box set.

Mark

There is a very thin line between "hobby" and "mental illness". - Dave Barry
post #458 of 461 Old 07-03-2016, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Right you are.

If a movie or concert video or a TV show isn't on blu ray it darn well should be.
post #459 of 461 Old 07-05-2016, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillcup View Post
It's my understanding that all the material on these two releases will be included in an upcoming box set. In that case, I'll wait for the box set.
I'll get them, too.
ti-triodes likes this.

post #460 of 461 Old 07-05-2016, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

I'll be getting the box also. I love the 80's lineup. But I also loved the 60's and 70's lineups and really like the double trio.
post #461 of 461 Unread Today, 02:20 AM

King Crimson - Radical Action to Unseat the Hold of Monkey Mind

Got this in email from The Artist Shop. 3CD + Blu-Ray Box Set

"This is King Crimson... re-imagined" - Robert Fripp, June 2016. It has been stated many times that King Crimson is not so much a band as it is "a way of doing things." Less frequently stated but equally true, is the fact that the band inevitably seeks different ways of doing things. The current incarnation of the band, 2014 - the present day, has already released two taster sets in the form of 2015's Live at the Orpheum mini-album and the vinyl picture disc EP that accompanied the 2015 tours of Canada and Japan, while the full raw concert performance from a single night in Toronto in 2015 was presented as a 2CD set earlier this year to great acclaim. Now, with the release of Radical Action comes the most fully realised audio and visual statement from this band to date, running to three themed CDs and a Blu-Ray disc offering the filmed content along with an audio only option in lossless high resolution stereo and surround sound. The set includes at least one performance of every song/piece of music played by King Crimson in 2015, some pieces originally composed in 1969 the year of the band's inception, others composed/initially performed at a variety of points since, some new to the tour, all arranged for this specific line-up. Indeed it is characteristic of this King Crimson - in direct contrast to all other post 1970s line-ups - to feature a broad range of material from the 1969 - 1974 era, performed in such a manner as to maintain much of what made the music so arresting when first issued, while arranged for fresh interpretation by the seven piece line-up of today. As Fripp put it (when asked what the title of the album meant to him): "What I like about this band is, that what it is actually doing is not what it appears to be doing...." The idea of King Crimson re-imagined, that the music as presented is new, irrespective of when originally composed, is the key element in this band's makeup. The set will be released to coincide with King Crimson's most extensive European tour since 1974, with performances slated to include, for the first time ever, material from all seven of King Crimson's 1969 - 1974 iconic studio albums.

Audio: Three themed CDs of material recorded in 2015, each forming a separate discrete performance with audio selected from a variety of shows and fully mixed from multi-track tapes by Chris Porter, Robert Fripp and David Singleton. As no audience is audible between tracks, this allows for a "virtual studio album" effect. (The current King Crimson line-up was deliberately conceived as a performing band rather than as a band concerned with making full studio recordings). Video: Among the problems most associated with filming live performance, perhaps the key problems are those of the film-makers' cameras intruding on the audience's capacity to enjoy the show without interruption and the intrusion of the cameras on the band's performance. In effect, both performance and audience response must be misrepresented to approximate a live show for later consumption. In order to record the performances more accurately, a series of Japanese concerts was captured via a number of discreet cameras in a "video verite" style - with neither band nor audience disturbed by filming - by Trevor Wilkins who also edited and assembled the footage. Audio/Video: Blu-Ray features the concert film in high-resolution [24/48] stereo and 5.1 surround sound with additional ‘video off' mode allowing for high-resolution audio only playback in stereo and surround sound. In essence the music can be experienced in a number of different ways - as continuous uninterrupted audio on CD, as a viewable concert performance in stereo or 5.1 surround, or in high-resolution, lossless audio stereo or 5.1 surround without pictures on the Blu-Ray. Presentation: 2 x gatefold mini-vinyl style card sleeves containing the 4 discs plus booklet containing photos and audio notes housed in an exterior slip case.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Surround Music Formats