Infinity Infinitesimal Servo Controlled Sub 10" - keeps blowing fuses??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-08-2008, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Schnecksville, PA (near Allentown in Lehigh Valley)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All -
I have an old Infinity Infinitesimal Servo Controlled 10" sub which has been working great for me. I just noticed last nite that I have no bass signals except from my mains. I looked at the switch light and the light was no lit up although the switch was turned on. I took out the fuse block next to the switch and noticed the 3Amp 250V fuse was blown. So I figured no biggie. I went to Radio Shack and bought a 4 pack of them. I replaced the blown one (there is also a 1a-5a 250V fuse next to the blown one but that one is fine). I turned the sub on and it immediately blew the new fuse.

So my question is this. Is this sub junk now or what? I know nothing about the insides of these things. I can take apart if I know what I'm looking for. I'd hate to buy a new one if this one can be fixed. I love this sub. I turn it off everytime my rig goes off (I had the sub plugged into my Monster Power Conditioner which controls everything). Also tried plugging straight into wall outlet (not thru Monster HTS1600). Any ideas anyone? Blown amp inside? Thanx in advance for any help!
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-09-2008, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

Location: Schnecksville, PA (near Allentown in Lehigh Valley)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anybody?
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page