Lowest, loudest bass ever. Nothing else comes close. See the waterfall. - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 71 Old 01-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse S View Post

You can hear 10hz. I play a tone generator when people come to hear my IB and everyone can clearly *hear* the difference between 10, 12, 14, 16, 18h and 20hz.

I used to use a signal generator for a while that I liked. Found out way later by running it thru a spectrum analyser that it also has tons of harmonic distortion. It could be that you are hearing the upper harmonics and NOT the main fundamental in that case. It fooled me too. I thought I had SUPER hearing below 20hz. Heheheh.

I could be wrong. Your generator may be better than the one I used to use a few years ago. I wanna say it was the NCH (or something like that, its online for free) generator. Has all sorts of output modes and you can choose frequency and after an update it had sweeps. Unfortunately, all the sinewaves were loaded with harmonic distortion. D'oh!

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 Old 01-24-2009, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I wish there was a recording of Mount Krakatoa.

The explosions were so violent that they were heard 2,200 miles (3,500 km) away in Australia and the island of Rodrigues near Mauritius, 4,800 km away; the sound of Krakatoa's destruction is believed to be the loudest sound in recorded history, reaching levels of 180 dBSPL 100 miles (160 km) away. I think it has been calculated to be about 300dB right near the volcano.

I bet that would break any subwoofer.
post #63 of 71 Old 01-27-2009, 10:39 AM

Liked: 10
Did you only look at the cover art? Tsk, tsk. The discs have a variety of heavy bass, including shuttle lift-offs and re-entry booms. Unlike the Saturn recording, this stuff is top quality, down to 1/8Hz and average 144dB, with no clipped signal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBLsound4645 View Post

7.5 million pounds of trust against wimpy Black Hawk are you kidding me no why impossible the Saturn V RULES!

Screw Black Hawk Down it's for pu$$ies.

post #64 of 71 Old 01-27-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyson View Post

Did you only look at the cover art? Tsk, tsk. The discs have a variety of heavy bass, including shuttle lift-offs and re-entry booms. Unlike the Saturn recording, this stuff is top quality, down to 1/8Hz and average 144dB, with no clipped signal.

No I haven’t heard of that one?

I have several IMAX DVD formats I think you know the ones I’m talking about?

I have Apollo 13 dts THX laserdisc and two different region 2 versions and the signature THX laserdisc.

Funny I’ve got Apollo 13 region 2 first edition under the scope now testing it for my own in home use with some changes to the BFQ2496 while monitoring directly on the spectrumlab while listening to the LFE.1 content and making some different changes to the EQ to soften smoothen out the peaks for a more greener friendly level.

I’ve got to repeat a few more tests now with LCRS and get the levels on the barograph looking more normal, and I wish I can say the same thing about my cat Sooty as he really down in the dumps at the moment.

I have For All Mankind VHS PAL to DVD-RW and that is cool documentary.

Plus a few other films here and there that depict the Saturn V and Space Shuutle. Star Trek Assignment Earth, Space Camp, Space Cowboys…

Shall I continue yes I’d like more please yes [rubbing my hands together]

144dbc is far too loud and human hearing threshold is 130db for pain. and I don’t fancy 130db its impractical when you have volume control to turn it down for comfortable listening.

Real life is something you can’t control unless it’s some wanker across the road with a load of PA speakers being unsociable and nothing like a good tonic of human piss pissing over his amps will soon shut him up.
post #65 of 71 Old 09-28-2009, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
post #66 of 71 Old 09-29-2009, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Robert, did you get it working? I was getting that too, but then I saw that you can only download one at a time. Don't know if that was the problem you were having.
post #67 of 71 Old 09-29-2009, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Question, is this bass straight from the rocket itself or was it reproduced?
post #68 of 71 Old 09-29-2009, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

this was pretty deep
post #69 of 71 Old 09-29-2009, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Anyone have the waterfall for the Apollo 13 launch on the Telarc SACD "The Big Picture"? (track 6) According to the liner notes the infrasonic frequencies go down to 5HZ. "Recording of the actual launch on Feb. 3, 1995 was made using 5 microphones positioned as close as 450 feet and as far away as two miles. Positioned where past attempts at recording launches have actually left little melted nubs of metal where a microphone once was."

Much scarier were the tornado recordings on tracks 15 and 24. The effects in 5 channel surround really made me feel like a tornado was decending on my room.

I have four MFW15s, by the way.
post #70 of 71 Old 09-30-2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimanfz1 View Post

Anyone have the waterfall for the Apollo 13 launch on the Telarc SACD "The Big Picture"? (track 6) According to the liner notes the infrasonic frequencies go down to 5HZ. "Recording of the actual launch on Feb. 3, 1995 was made using 5 microphones positioned as close as 450 feet and as far away as two miles. Positioned where past attempts at recording launches have actually left little melted nubs of metal where a microphone once was."

Much scarier were the tornado recordings on tracks 15 and 24. The effects in 5 channel surround really made me feel like a tornado was decending on my room.

I have four MFW15s, by the way.

I read through this whole thread intending to post about this, but you beat me to it!

This disc has some pretty good low stuff in it, but I've only ever listened to it in my car audio systems... the best one for infrasonics being a Cerwin Vega Stroker 15" sub in a sealed box. I've never measured or analyzed the output, so I have no idea how much, if any, of the 5Hz information I was hearing/feeling on the Saturn V track, but I was always intrigued by the recording notes that you quoted.

Seems to me they went to great lengths to record everything in very high quality, hopefully without any clipping. I cranked that CV Stroker pretty well on numerous occations and never hurt it.
post #71 of 71 Old 10-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post

Ohhhh Thanks I'm gonna try this out. I don't have any 0-5hz output, but I'm solid from 8 or 9 hz on up.

Have you tried the Fireworks demo thats downloadable from Danley Sound Labs? It's got some really high level 9-10hz stuff on it. I wonder if anyones done a waterfall of the end finale on that...

The Danley Fireworks track is indeed an impressive demo. Has anyone tried the Train Starting Up track found here: http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/TrainStart.wav

While it isn't as explosively impressive as the Fireworks, I think it showcases low freq rumble very well. Anyone happen to have a waterfall of this?
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page