Is HSU STF-1 powered sub good?(open to suggestions) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-31-2008, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok so around Christmas time I will be upgrading to a 5.1 Polk setup(mains-Monitor 40's(bi-amped) center-CS1, surrounds-Monitor 30's) I need to upgrade my sub as well. I currently have a decent little Yamaha powered sub with a 6.5'' woofer, but it's fairly "low-end" and won't be able to keep up with the Polks I'm afraid. I was going to get a Polk PSW10 or PSW303, but I've heard that they're nothing special. I've heard for the money, HSU makes some of the best subs around. So I started looking, and I like the STF-1, my room is really small(12x14 ft) so I don't need a big sub. The STF-1 also retails for $299 on the HSU website, I was wondering if there was any other website like Amazon that I could purchase it from because you can usually save a few bucks by buying non-factory direct. Amazon no longer sells the STF-1 and I don't really want to go the ebay route. I am also open to suggestions for any good subs under $300(preferably under $200). I don't need a fancy 500+ watt sub, I just want a simple sub with good sq for both music and HT use with a decent amount of power(100-150 watts RMS would be plenty).

And for those who are wondering, this will all be driven by my Onkyo 606 7.1ch receiver.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page