How does the Velodyne DD 15 compare? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-01-2008, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I'm driving around Tulsa today and I decided to check out the Velodyne dd 15 even though it's out of my price range. I remember reading that the DD 18 was, at least at one time, considered one of the world's best. Craigsub's rankings put it kinda mid-pack especially considering it's price.

I have to tell you though. This was THE cleanest sub I've ever heard. It didn't have killer slam but it was set up in a fairly real world environment in that there were not much acoustic treatments done to the room (intentionally). It was incredibly smooth and I started to wonder if this sub was an accurate representation of what an Epik Valor or an HSU ULS-15 would sound like.

I thought, as well as many other "audiophiles", that my subs sounded clean and not boomy at all. Well, this Velo made me start rethinking all of that. Now my dual subs ( M&K MX-350 and a DIY box with a 12" Titanic MKlll) have much more slam but after hearing what clean bass sounds like, I am really wondering if going with a powerful sealed sub might be the answer.

I'm thinking dual Valors or eventually, dual ULS 15's. Does anyone have thoughts on this? I was originally thinking Epik Castle or an MFW 15 due to shear output. I just wonder if they are going to have the "clean" presentation that the Velo did.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page