Help - Correct Sub hook up - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-08-2008, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Alright about 7-8 months I got a eD setup and now am looking at doing some expansion.

Currently -I have the Onkyo 805 I have an A3-300 hooked up going into the left channel on it.

What I want to do - Ill still have the Onkyo 805 but I would like to add another sub to my system. Right now I am considering getting the A5-350 considering the deal they have running on it currently.

How would I hook up a second sub correctly to my system?

Also do yall think the A5 is a good choice for a second sub? Am I correct to go for the bigger driver or would a smaller driver compliment more?

Random side note - I am also going to be switching out my 6T6 MTM's that I have in the front for some 6T6 Towers I have been waiting a while to get some bigger speakers up front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-08-2008, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 27
First, to connect a second sub to the sub preout, just get a Y adapter (1M/2F). Plug it into the AVR, then run separate cables to each sub.

You will have some issues trying to blend a more capable sub with a lesser sub. As the lesser sub approaches it's tuning point, it will fall off quickly. This will leave the better sub all alone for the lowest frequencies. It will seam like the roll off at the low end is very steep. If you don't mind this, then you will be fine.

eD gives the same FR for both sub, seems strange, so you may be fine mixing the two.

Randy
post #3 of 3 Old 10-08-2008, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks for your help on that maybe I will call eD up and get there opinion on mixing the subs.

Also should I be using a y adapter at the end of each cable going into the sub as well. I hear it depends on the subwoofer.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page