"YOUR" subwoofer picture thread - Page 22 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews > Audio > Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > "YOUR" subwoofer picture thread

Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

ZivkoF's Avatar ZivkoF
10:00 AM Liked: 15
post #631 of 2606
06-02-2009 | Posts: 231
Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicguy View Post

MFW 15 in Diamond Cherry....

Cerwin Vega AB-36C sensitivity 1w/1m 108 dB , max SPL peak 140 dB and Wharfedale MX-F18B sensitivity 1w/1m 106 dB , max SPL peak 141 dB boath with power (watts) music 1600, peak 3200

Attachment 144197

Attachment 144198


You can see gear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMMxyOf71nU
LL
LL
manupooja's Avatar manupooja
07:17 AM Liked: 10
post #632 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 208
Joined: Oct 2007
hey brothers

can you please tell me what is meaning of daisy chain the subs and can i use 8 subs if my receiver has only one sub preout

please reply totally newbie in these things
croseiv's Avatar croseiv
07:29 AM Liked: 11
post #633 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 2,654
Joined: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by manupooja View Post

hey brothers

can you please tell me what is meaning of daisy chain the subs and can i use 8 subs if my receiver has only one sub preout

please reply totally newbie in these things

While daisy-chaining is an option, I would not recommend trying to daisy chaining 8 subs. You will start losing signal strength by the time to you get to the last sub you will have some serious signal loss. I am running dual subs daisy chained with excellent results. What brand/model of subs are you using?
paranormalg35's Avatar paranormalg35
07:41 AM Liked: 10
post #634 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 267
Joined: Dec 2008
is it better to daisy chain then to use a Y connector on the receiver for two subs?
croseiv's Avatar croseiv
07:50 AM Liked: 11
post #635 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 2,654
Joined: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranormalg35 View Post

is it better to daisy chain then to use a Y connector on the receiver for two subs?

Y-connector is also a good method (and generally recomended), but you you still run into serious issues trying to run 8 subs or more than two. For me, I'm daisy chaining as I don't want to shell out another 30-40 bucks for sub cable when I have several 3 ft patches RCA cable...It works just as well with duals. Running eight subs would be a pain in the arse...and probably be un-necessary for most applications.
SlowcarIX's Avatar SlowcarIX
08:08 AM Liked: 10
post #636 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 565
Joined: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by manupooja View Post

hey brothers

can you please tell me what is meaning of daisy chain the subs and can i use 8 subs if my receiver has only one sub preout

please reply totally newbie in these things

daisy chain = LFE output from AVP to sub#1, out of sub #1 to in of sub #2....i did that when i had 3 subs, not a good idea as the signal to sub#3 became so weak that sometimes it would not come on from standby.

what subs are you running?

i got the hsu uls-15. LFE output from AVP to wireless transmitter - you can run as many subs as you want...no sub cable to deal with


croseiv's Avatar croseiv
08:16 AM Liked: 11
post #637 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 2,654
Joined: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowcarIX View Post

daisy chain = LFE output from AVP to sub#1, out of sub #1 to in of sub #2....i did that when i had 3 subs, not a good idea as the signal to sub#3 became so weak that sometimes it would not come on from standby.

what subs are you running?

i got the hsu uls-15. LFE output from AVP to wireless transmitter - you can run as many subs as you want...no sub cable to deal with


Hi Slowcar-
That is a nifty advantage for wireless..I read of several people having issues with popping with the wireless feature of the subs possibly eminating from picking up spurious wireless signals. Have you had any issues with this?

Man what a formidable set up there....
croseiv's Avatar croseiv
08:34 AM Liked: 11
post #638 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 2,654
Joined: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by John H View Post

I would say the duel Conquests have the output but I prefer the sound of the DD 18 pair/Dragon pair.

My SVS AS-EQ1 just arrived and I am using that now. When I get time I need to move the Conquests back in to see how they sound.

John


Gorgeous...
MKtheater's Avatar MKtheater
08:50 AM Liked: 572
post #639 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 15,112
Joined: Jul 2006
I use 8 subs with a 1-4 splitter then each one gets a 1-2 split. I have no problems with the signal. They are all the same power. I get a 6 db's boost every time I doubled with a total of 18 db's in all.
steve71's Avatar steve71
09:10 AM Liked: 15
post #640 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 1,203
Joined: Nov 2006
Very nice! Love the horn loaded subs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZivkoF View Post

Cerwin Vega AB-36C sensitivity 1w/1m 108 dB , max SPL peak 140 dB and Wharfedale MX-F18B sensitivity 1w/1m 106 dB , max SPL peak 141 dB boath with power (watts) music 1600, peak 3200

Attachment 144197

Attachment 144198


You can see gear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMMxyOf71nU


manupooja's Avatar manupooja
10:21 AM Liked: 10
post #641 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 208
Joined: Oct 2007
hey brothers

thanks you all for all your great replies

you guys asking about which brand i'm using actually guys i'm from india so here in india we only have these subs brand polk,klipsch,jamo,elac,kef and if i'm gonna buy another brand outside india then they cost alot especially in shipping department so for my price range i have two polk psw 125 subwoofers i know i'm not in the range of you guys like all you having super high subwoofer compared to mine mediocre subs but i thought why not ask you guys about how to connect multiple subs

actually i'm just wondering about using 8 subs to want some knowledge how to do it

one more question i want to ask

right now i have two polk psw 125 sub can i add 2 more i don't want to use 8 (its just for some knowledge guys) and can i use two polk dsw pro 600 with two polk psw 125

and is it good if i connect all with y-splitter right now i ysplit my two polks

so i'm waiting for your reply guys

and once againe i really really appreciate your help for such newbie in home theatre system stuff like me
manupooja's Avatar manupooja
10:23 AM Liked: 10
post #642 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 208
Joined: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post

I use 8 subs with a 1-4 splitter then each one gets a 1-2 split. I have no problems with the signal. They are all the same power. I get a 6 db's boost every time I doubled with a total of 18 db's in all.

hey bro can you please tell me how many y-splitter you use for connecting 8 subs and how do they 8 sound in my opinion bllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssst
MKtheater's Avatar MKtheater
10:32 AM Liked: 572
post #643 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 15,112
Joined: Jul 2006
I have a one to 4 splitter going into my processor. Off of the 4 I have a Y-splitter which makes 8. I then connect all my sub amps.
SlowcarIX's Avatar SlowcarIX
10:39 AM Liked: 10
post #644 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 565
Joined: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by croseiv View Post

Hi Slowcar-
That is a nifty advantage for wireless..I read of several people having issues with popping with the wireless feature of the subs possibly eminating from picking up spurious wireless signals. Have you had any issues with this?

Man what a formidable set up there....

i have not had any issues with the subs picking up noise
croseiv's Avatar croseiv
10:44 AM Liked: 11
post #645 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 2,654
Joined: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post

I have a one to 4 splitter going into my processor. Off of the 4 I have a Y-splitter which makes 8. I then connect all my sub amps.

MK your set up is freakin' insane!!!!!
manupooja's Avatar manupooja
10:47 AM Liked: 10
post #646 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 208
Joined: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post

I have a one to 4 splitter going into my processor. Off of the 4 I have a Y-splitter which makes 8. I then connect all my sub amps.

actaully brother don't mind i don't understand what are you saying but correct me if i'm wrong you have actually mmmmm 4 y-splitter is that right
fireman325's Avatar fireman325
11:07 AM Liked: 10
post #647 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 2,412
Joined: Mar 2008
I just have the one MFW-15.


Fanaticalism's Avatar Fanaticalism
11:24 AM Liked: 17
post #648 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 4,394
Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by manupooja View Post

actaully brother don't mind i don't understand what are you saying but correct me if i'm wrong you have actually mmmmm 4 y-splitter is that right

He has one connection to the SW pre-out on the back of pre/pro that has 4 inputs. He has another 1 to 4 plugged into the current 4 way splitter to give him another 4 connections.

The only thing that doesn't make sense, is that it gives him 7 connections total, but he has 4 subs hooked up, so I don't know...

To clarify one more time. He has 2 splitters, both being 4 way splitters (one output, four inputs).
MKtheater's Avatar MKtheater
11:33 AM Liked: 572
post #649 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 15,112
Joined: Jul 2006
I have one 4 splitter, and 4 y-splitters. I had shakers hooked up at one time with another split and still had no signal issues.
Fanaticalism's Avatar Fanaticalism
11:47 AM Liked: 17
post #650 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 4,394
Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post

I have one 4 splitter, and 4 y-splitters. I had shakers hooked up at one time with another split and still had no signal issues.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I was going by the post that I quoted.
lalakersfan34's Avatar lalakersfan34
12:35 PM Liked: 16
post #651 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 3,340
Joined: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by manupooja View Post


right now i have two polk psw 125 sub can i add 2 more i don't want to use 8 (its just for some knowledge guys) and can i use two polk dsw pro 600 with two polk psw 125

The DSW Pro 600 is a very decent subwoofer. It doesn't get much love here on AVS compared to ID brands but I was impressed when I heard it, especially compared to Polk's previous subwoofer offerings which IMO are not very good. You could probably run two DSW Pro 600's with your two PSW 125's but I think you'll forget the PSW 125's are even there, and they might muddy up the sound a bit. Two (or better yet, four) DSW Pro 600's would be a very capable sub setup.
KlipschHead281's Avatar KlipschHead281
12:42 PM Liked: 12
post #652 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 1,040
Joined: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowcarIX View Post

daisy chain = LFE output from AVP to sub#1, out of sub #1 to in of sub #2....i did that when i had 3 subs, not a good idea as the signal to sub#3 became so weak that sometimes it would not come on from standby.

what subs are you running?

i got the hsu uls-15. LFE output from AVP to wireless transmitter - you can run as many subs as you want...no sub cable to deal with


All I can say is friggin sweet! Nice setup.
TheFactor's Avatar TheFactor
05:52 PM Liked: 106
post #653 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 4,058
Joined: Feb 2009
^^^Me likey ^^^ quick question can your kitty still hear ; )
terpsfan59's Avatar terpsfan59
06:05 PM Liked: 10
post #654 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 102
Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowcarIX View Post

daisy chain = LFE output from AVP to sub#1, out of sub #1 to in of sub #2....i did that when i had 3 subs, not a good idea as the signal to sub#3 became so weak that sometimes it would not come on from standby.

what subs are you running?

i got the hsu uls-15. LFE output from AVP to wireless transmitter - you can run as many subs as you want...no sub cable to deal with


I am duly impressed and very jealous...!!!!
audioguy's Avatar audioguy
09:02 PM Liked: 391
post #655 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 3,767
Joined: Jun 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post

I use 8 subs with a 1-4 splitter then each one gets a 1-2 split. I have no problems with the signal. They are all the same power. I get a 6 db's boost every time I doubled with a total of 18 db's in all.

I looked at the photo you showed as your theater. What subs are those?? Eight. I thought I was nuts. You can be President and I will be Vice President of the "There is no such thing as too much bass" club!!
Jesse S's Avatar Jesse S
09:17 PM Liked: 10
post #656 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 3,503
Joined: Jul 2002

MKtheater's Avatar MKtheater
09:34 PM Liked: 572
post #657 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 15,112
Joined: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post

I looked at the photo you showed as your theater. What subs are those?? Eight. I thought I was nuts. You can be President and I will be Vice President of the "There is no such thing as too much bass" club!!

I use 8 DIY eD 18 inch sealed subs. My speakers have 2 15's each as well for the midbass. Here is a pic



TheFactor's Avatar TheFactor
10:20 PM Liked: 106
post #658 of 2606
06-05-2009 | Posts: 4,058
Joined: Feb 2009
HOLY BASS
manupooja's Avatar manupooja
07:35 AM Liked: 10
post #659 of 2606
06-06-2009 | Posts: 208
Joined: Oct 2007
hey brothers what about deftech superucbe subs anyone heard of it

in india we have its dealers so any one put some light on those subs
bairda's Avatar bairda
08:57 AM Liked: 10
post #660 of 2606
06-06-2009 | Posts: 529
Joined: Jul 2001
I have a Supercube Reference. My review is here:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...reference.html

I have since gotten a SVS PB-13 Ultra. Some noteable differences between the two:
  • Size: The PB 13 Ultra is huge. As are most serious ported subs. The DT Ref is tiny in volume/physical size when compared to the Ultra, but amazingly weighs only 1/3 less than the PB 13.
  • The DT Ref will not dig as deeply as the Ultra. No way, no how. However, its performance from 20hz on up is very good and very flat.
  • The DT Ref can put out some serious sound for its size. However, the Ultra will dust it in sheer SPL levels. While the DT Ref will thump with a good LFE track, the Ultra pressurizes the room. The difference is significant.

People slam the DT Supercubes on a routine basis. I believe that is unwarrented. They are good performers for their size. However, I think they are often overpriced. If you can get one for a decent price and you need a more compact unit, it is a good sub.

Hope this helps.
-Alex-
Hope
Tags: Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Jl Audio Fathom F112 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Klipsch Sw 115 Front Firing Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , Tc Sounds Lms Ultra 5400 , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Seaton Sound Submersive H P , Klipsch Synergy Ksw12 12 Inch 105 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Jl Audio Fathom F113 Gloss 13 5 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Jbl Pb10 10 Inch 150 Watt Down Firing Powered Subwoofer , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3