"YOUR" subwoofer picture thread - Page 25 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 23  24  25 26  27  ... Last
Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > "YOUR" subwoofer picture thread
ditch-digger's Avatar ditch-digger 02:01 PM 06-26-2009
final resting spot behind chair.. ed-a5-350





BowerR64's Avatar BowerR64 11:08 PM 06-26-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood07 View Post

i second that.

It makes me want to sell everything and just give up.
croseiv's Avatar croseiv 05:29 AM 06-27-2009
Here's some of mine....






KlipschHead281's Avatar KlipschHead281 12:10 PM 06-27-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by croseiv View Post

Here's some of mine....






I want to move in, very very nice system!
KlipschHead281's Avatar KlipschHead281 12:10 PM 06-27-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post

Man its hard to look threw this thread.

Yeah, it sure is, people have some incredible setups.
BowerR64's Avatar BowerR64 03:13 PM 06-27-2009
Yeah they do.

I dont understand what people are using to do the surround processing. Those guys running crown power amps and stuff what is doing the surround processing and decoding?

Ide like to buy a bunch of smaller amps and do that but im not sure what you guys are using?

If its an exspensive processor ill just stick with my receiver but ide like to check into the seperate power amp setups.
KlipschHead281's Avatar KlipschHead281 03:36 PM 06-27-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post

Yeah they do.

I dont understand what people are using to do the surround processing. Those guys running crown power amps and stuff what is doing the surround processing and decoding?

Ide like to buy a bunch of smaller amps and do that but im not sure what you guys are using?

If its an exspensive processor ill just stick with my receiver but ide like to check into the seperate power amp setups.

It really depends, for example my AVR (a Marantz SR5003) can act as a processor as each channel has a pre out that can be fed to monoblock or multi channel amps.

What model receiver do you have, it may also have this capability in which case the sky is the limit amplifier wise.
NewOrlnsDukie's Avatar NewOrlnsDukie 03:45 PM 06-27-2009
I come back to this thread almost daily just to get aroused by bosso's setup.

I guess I could put up my 3 main rooms (w/ Conquest in main HT, SVS 16-46PC+ in home office, and dual MFW's in secondary HT) at some point, but my stuff just seems so pedestrian...
KlipschHead281's Avatar KlipschHead281 03:50 PM 06-27-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrlnsDukie View Post

I come back to this thread almost daily just to get aroused by bosso's setup.

I guess I could put up my 3 main rooms (w/ Conquest in main HT, SVS 16-46PC+ in home office, and dual MFW's in secondary HT) at some point, but my stuff just seems so pedestrian...

Post it!
croseiv's Avatar croseiv 07:43 AM 06-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlipschHead281 View Post

I want to move in, very very nice system!

Thanks! Yours looks good as well (offering alot of slammability I'm sure).
paranormalg35's Avatar paranormalg35 07:47 AM 06-28-2009
nice croseiv.

heres mine the baby setup of yours

dual pb12+'s Nothing spectacular at all looking at this humbling thread but i like em.






theelviscerator's Avatar theelviscerator 08:22 AM 06-28-2009
Nice setup...remember growing up watching fuzzy snowy b&w sets......with 3 channels...kids today don't know how good they got it!
BowerR64's Avatar BowerR64 08:33 AM 06-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by theelviscerator View Post

Nice setup...remember growing up watching fuzzy snowy b&w sets......with 3 channels...kids today don't know how good they got it!

Yeah and they tell their friends, remember watching *insert new cartoon here* when you were little i loved the bass when that bird flew around!
BowerR64's Avatar BowerR64 08:37 AM 06-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlipschHead281 View Post

It really depends, for example my AVR (a Marantz SR5003) can act as a processor as each channel has a pre out that can be fed to monoblock or multi channel amps.

What model receiver do you have, it may also have this capability in which case the sky is the limit amplifier wise.

Well mine can do that too but it must weight 40 pounds so i wouldnt want to use that along with 4 other amps.

I thought it would be cool to do that way you could put in an EQ on each channel and better shape the sound going to each speaker. Ide want better midrange in the front and a little less bass on my sides.
croseiv's Avatar croseiv 11:18 AM 06-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranormalg35 View Post

nice croseiv.

heres mine the baby setup of yours

dual pb12+'s Nothing spectacular at all looking at this humbling thread but i like em.

I really like the looks of those PB12+'s! Very nice indeed. Mini Ultras.
TJHUB's Avatar TJHUB 12:00 PM 06-28-2009
This pic is a little old (~4 months):



I've been considering some "balance" and changing to some sort of dual sub setup (ULS-15s or Rythmiks). Too many other upgrades recently and I have a new plasma on the way...

LOVE the PB13-ULTRA though.
paranormalg35's Avatar paranormalg35 12:12 PM 06-28-2009
why not another ultra? looks like there is a spot right there where that vase is!

nice setup btw.
TJHUB's Avatar TJHUB 12:26 PM 06-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranormalg35 View Post

why not another ultra? looks like there is a spot right there where that vase is!

nice setup btw.

Thanks.

I've come close a few times to picking up another Ultra, but I think I'd like something smaller. I have a rather large and open room (~6,500cF) with large openings to other rooms. I don't need more output than the Ultra provides, and I often wonder if a pair of ULS-15s or Rythmiks would sound better.

I've come close to selling my Ultra a few times now, but I can't seem to bring myself to do it...
croseiv's Avatar croseiv 12:57 PM 06-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJHUB View Post

Thanks.

I've come close a few times to picking up another Ultra, but I think I'd like something smaller. I have a rather large and open room (~6,500cF) with large openings to other rooms. I don't need more output than the Ultra provides, and I often wonder if a pair of ULS-15s or Rythmiks would sound better.

I've come close to selling my Ultra a few times now, but I can't seem to bring myself to do it...

Definitely another Ultra to fill in the space there.
jephdood's Avatar jephdood 12:58 PM 06-28-2009
"Tower" model..





Unfortunately, she needs to find a new home.
croseiv's Avatar croseiv 01:01 PM 06-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jephdood View Post

"Tower" model..





Unfortunately, she needs to find a new home.

Are you selling????
jephdood's Avatar jephdood 01:05 PM 06-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by croseiv View Post

Are you selling????

I am, yeah. But only because of a need to downsize a little..

And just in case people IM me, I have to stay local with it (WA).. no boxes or packing.

I'm a bit sad about it, really.. best sub I've owned.
croseiv's Avatar croseiv 01:09 PM 06-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jephdood View Post

I have to stay local with it (WA).. no boxes or packing.

I'm a bit sad about it, really.. best sub I've owned.

I hear ya! Man If I was in WA I'd be all over that....
KlipschHead281's Avatar KlipschHead281 07:43 PM 06-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by theelviscerator View Post

Nice setup...remember growing up watching fuzzy snowy b&w sets......with 3 channels...kids today don't know how good they got it!

Yep, I remember and still watch it!


Kartoon2005's Avatar Kartoon2005 10:37 PM 06-28-2009
Nothing like some mega subs in here but a sub is a sub.




BRAC's Avatar BRAC 12:00 AM 06-29-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoon2005 View Post

Nothing like some mega subs in here but a sub is a sub.




Absolutely! I almost picked up this sub a few weeks ago, but I decided against it, ONLY because of the size. Looks great though...
Davidt1's Avatar Davidt1 12:44 AM 06-29-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossobass View Post

Current system: 4-2x15" dual opposed sealed subs, 1-2x12" dual opposed sealed sub and 1-20x6.5" push/pull sealed MBM all driven by 13,000 watts and flat in-room to 3Hz.

Newest sub, bamboo finish 2x15":

Rear Panel:

2X12" in oak:

The Raven 2x15":

The Executive 2X15":

Box 2X15":

20x6.5" push/pull MBM:


Bosso

Wow! This is more than just amazing subwoofers. This is art.
Emig5m's Avatar Emig5m 08:04 PM 06-29-2009


The infamous Sunfire. I love it though! Bought her used on Audiogon a couple weeks ago. For the first time ever, finally got true sub bass. There's spots in movies I've never felt bass before like say a military helicopters engine ultra low but powerful idle rumple. My other sub was a Velodyne MiniVee and although a nice little sub and much easier to integrate for 2-channel music, it's not even comparable to the Sunfire. Not even my old dual 15" Cerwin Vegas can do low powerfull bass like the 13" Sunfire cube can. I've always wanted a Sunfire, glad to not only have one finally, but the flagship EQ Signature.

The guy I bought it from upgraded to some huge coffe table sized SVS, heh, but I like my small but power packages (that's what she said, lol.)
therockscott's Avatar therockscott 10:21 PM 06-29-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoon2005 View Post

Nothing like some mega subs in here but a sub is a sub.




I have 2 of these now in a 22x13x8 room. Sound is absolutely incredible. Can't wait to get the SVS EQ.
RoadRunner6's Avatar RoadRunner6 09:14 PM 06-30-2009
This is a marvelous thread! There is a lot of effort put into many of these systems. My wife was amazed when I showed her Erich H's DIY home theater and his very impressive speaker building project. She said "doesn't he have a job?"

Our small condo living room only has room for one decent size sub. Originally I wanted an SVS cylinder sub. However, she didn't like the appearance of the SVS speaker cloth (sort of a glitzy velvet look in her opinion). It is important for our equipment to look good as well as sound good. I mated the Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus sub with a Velodyne SMS-1 sub EQ. My wife is very pleased with the look of the inlaid Plexiglas top. It fits in well with our modern/Japanese room decor. She never complains about my purchases as long as they are attractive in our living room.




Tags: Hsu Vtf 15h Subwoofer , Jl Audio Fathom F112 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Svs Sb12 Nsd Charcoal Black Vinyl 12 Inch 400 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Klipsch Sw 115 Front Firing Subwoofer , Rythmik Audio F15 Subwoofer , Tc Sounds Lms Ultra 5400 , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Seaton Sound Submersive H P , Klipsch Synergy Ksw12 12 Inch 105 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Jl Audio Fathom F113 Gloss 13 5 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Jbl Pb10 10 Inch 150 Watt Down Firing Powered Subwoofer , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer
First ... 23  24  25 26  27  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop