Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking for advice! I'm a total noob when it comes to subs and HT in general.
1. Budget. $300-$600 range
2. Size requirements/limits. Size of the sub is not really an issue…though, WAF would dictate smaller if possible & not sacrificing performance.
3. Room dimensions. Room is 13.5’W x 22’ L x 10’ H (~3,000 cubic ft)
4. Primary uses. 70% HT/TV, 15% games, 15% music
5. Listening habits. Just setting up my first HT system and have never had a separate sub before. I have a Harmon Kardon AVR 245 receiver with Infinity speakers (2 Beta 50s in the front, 2 Beta 40s for rear, C360 center), paired with a Samsung 61” DLP along the long wall of the room.
6. Appearance requirements. Needs to be black to match the (huge) Infinity Betas in our family room...and preferably matte (not shiny) finish.
7. Timeframe. Don’t need anything urgently…definitely willing to wait for a good deal if necessary
Have been reading other threads and am considering the Cadence CSX-15 which is about right for my price range and from other reviews seems to deliver a lot for the price. Any and all advice appreciated!!