Paradigm Reference Signature Sub 25 - Page 47 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #1381 of 1383 Old 10-08-2016, 12:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by paultimm View Post
I personally could never get rid of the rattle. I used PBK multiple times but could never get rid of the rattle. I sold them and got Seaton speakers for subs. As hard as I push those subs I have never had the same rattle that I had on the paradigm speakers. The newer sub 15, as far as I know does not have that rattle but it is a newer speaker. They do not look as nice as the sub 25 but if you could trade them in for the sub 15 it would be a much better speaker.
Hmmm I wonder if the driver from the sub 15 is the same size and if so if it would work in the 25?

Steve Ruddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 1383 Old 10-12-2016, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 13
It might not be the driver that is the problem, from what I can figure out I think it was the limiter that was inside of the electronics. One pushing the sub hard, it would go past the limiter and make the speaker rattle. My friend had to sub 15's and since that was a newer speaker it never had that rattle. So I think the problem is with the electronics and that's why they stop making them because I could never fix that problem.
post #1383 of 1383 Old 10-13-2016, 11:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Lol...

There's a Sub25 for sale on Ebay right now... a 7 year old used sub... that went for $3999 brand new without factoring in the 20%+ discounts people got on them back in 2009-2010...

For $4,800 OBO XD XD

When I emailed the seller they got all snippy at me... like how dare I ask why you are selling a 7 year old used sub for OVER brand new retail back in the day... LOL.

Worth about $2,000 now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Paradigm Reference Studio 20 , Paradigm