Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16

Thebestthereis,

here's the same text but modified a bit for easier understanding:

if you try it like this, you should get good results:

Make all measurements at the MLP with the mike vertical (pointing to the ceiling).
you should set the sensitivity on each sub separately, to about 70-72 dB SPL.

then check the overall level with both subs working; the resultant SPL should be higher than for one sub alone.

then, with the meter at the MLP and with the avr playing the sub pink noise, adjust the phase on one of the subs in order to get maximum SPL.

now, run Audyssey and make only one measurement, at the MLP and then "calculate".
next, check in the AVR for the channel levels. as long as the reading for the sub is not maxed out on either the plus or minus side, it should be ok (i prefer a bit on the minus side, like -3/-5dB). if not, then make new sensitivity adjustments on the subs, always keeping them at similar levels, and run Audyssey again.

when the subs are well matched to the other speakers for level, then run Audyssey in a normal fashion, using all the available mic positions.

when done, if you want a flat-to-the-ear response, increase sub level in the AVR by 3 dB; don't touch the sensitivity settings on the subs...

when you're done, please give your comments on the results after doing some listening.

My room, my equipment: 

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 272 Old 05-01-2014, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepstang View Post

Thanks for the advice. I will try to give it a little more time. I have experimented with pushing the sub further away from the wall and used the SPL meter to see if there was any benifits. I decided to leave it close to the wall like most recommend; although, I wonder if it is too close. Here are some pics of the current position:

I'd raise that bad boy up off the ground a good 4" to 6" ... and try moving it away from the wall a little bit :-)  FWIW

MartinLogan Motion 40s / 30 / LX16s
Marantz SR5007 / UD5007
Emotiva XPA-3
SVS PC13ultra

exercise room: MartinLogan LX16s / Dynamo700
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Audyssey

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page