The New SVS PC12-Plus - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 272 Old 11-17-2008, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Placed my pre-order for the PC-12 Plus on Nov.1. The SVS website still has the pre-order date expiring on Nov.15, today is Nov. 17. The last correspondence I had with SVS was that they hoped to start shipping on either Nov. 14, 17 or 18. I haven't heard from them yet, has anyone else? I can't wait to start tracking it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 272 Old 11-17-2008, 06:28 PM

I ordered the same sub on Nov. 14. They said they would begin shipping this week but I guess there's a long line ahead of me.
post #3 of 272 Old 11-17-2008, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I have been through a few product releases. They don't usually go as well as you want. The prerelease pricing to so the manufacturers can judge consumer interest. But it can back fire because it makes them announce a release date. Hopefully they won't feel rushed to deliver if the product isn't done or hasn't produced as desired. If they feel rushed, I wouldn't want to be one of the first to get a shipment. It may be as hj says and there are just a lot to ship in front of you. You can always contact them.

Randy
post #4 of 272 Old 11-18-2008, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransac View Post

I have been through a few product releases. They don't usually go as well as you want. The prerelease pricing to so the manufacturers can judge consumer interest. But it can back fire because it makes them announce a release date. Hopefully they won't feel rushed to deliver if the product isn't done or hasn't produced as desired. If they feel rushed, I wouldn't want to be one of the first to get a shipment. It may be as hj says and there are just a lot to ship in front of you. You can always contact them.

SVS runs a tight ship. Ron Stimpson is career military if I am not mistaken. They have been in business long enough to know better than to try to rush anything to market.

They are a year over due on the Audyssey EQ.

Pre-order with SVS is about as worry free as anything new out there. They know all about beta testing.
post #5 of 272 Old 11-18-2008, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

The SVS website has been updated and apparently the shipping has begun.
My credit card has not been charged yet.............anxiously waiting.
post #6 of 272 Old 11-18-2008, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy View Post

SVS runs a tight ship. Ron Stimpson is career military if I am not mistaken. They have been in business long enough to know better than to try to rush anything to market.

They are a year over due on the Audyssey EQ.

They're giving AV123 a run for their money with the Audyssey unit. Audyssey vs. X-plosive.....which will release first?
post #7 of 272 Old 11-20-2008, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Has anyone received their shipping notice yet? If so, do you remember the date you placed the order?
post #8 of 272 Old 11-20-2008, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Weiner View Post

Has anyone received their shipping notice yet? If so, do you remember the date you placed the order?

I know I saw one somewhere, but I can't find the thread right now.

Randy
post #9 of 272 Old 11-20-2008, 05:41 PM

Emailed them on the 16th asking if they had a ship date for them yet.

They replied the next day that they are building them and will be shipping soon on the pre-orders.

Notification from UPS came in yesterday. PC12+ scheduled to arrive Monday.

Might have to wait a few days before I get a chance to move it from the office to my house but thanksgiving will be fun.

EDIT: I ordered on 9/30/08 if it helps at all trying to figure out where you might be in line.
post #10 of 272 Old 11-20-2008, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 427
Quote:

They're giving AV123 a run for their money with the Audyssey unit. Audyssey vs. X-plosive.....which will release first?

Ha!

Klipsch RB-75
Klipsch C-7
Klipsch RB-35
On-going SW management class
Denon
PS3
post #11 of 272 Old 11-20-2008, 10:53 PM

I am frustrated because I ordered a new amp for my 20-39 PC+ and new driver upgrade. I also ordered the new PC+

It's a struggle to see how my order is coming along, Sales seems to keep forgetting about me, they hardly reply to my emails.

I just want them to charge me (money is ready to be spent on them) and at least for now send out my amp and 12.3 driver. I understand about the PC+, I am sure many are waiting.

Are any of experiencing poor service? I even created a thread on what sub will be a good competitor against the PC+ because if the amp and driver ever do make its way here, and the PC+ is never charged on my card, I am going to back out and look else where.

I just hope that they are really busy and will take care of me, because all I hear is good comments on their customer service.
post #12 of 272 Old 11-21-2008, 04:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoapDoctor View Post

Emailed them on the 16th asking if they had a ship date for them yet.

They replied the next day that they are building them and will be shipping soon on the pre-orders.

Notification from UPS came in yesterday. PC12+ scheduled to arrive Monday.

Might have to wait a few days before I get a chance to move it from the office to my house but thanksgiving will be fun.

EDIT: I ordered on 9/30/08 if it helps at all trying to figure out where you might be in line.

Thats great news, I'm excited for you, I ordered on 11/1 and was hoping to play with it over Thanksgiving. Guess I'll just have to keep on waiting since I didn't place my order a month after you did.

Thanks for the info, it helps.
post #13 of 272 Old 11-21-2008, 04:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreativeimages View Post

I am frustrated because I ordered a new amp for my 20-39 PC+ and new driver upgrade. I also ordered the new PC+

It's a struggle to see how my order is coming along, Sales seems to keep forgetting about me, they hardly reply to my emails.

I just want them to charge me (money is ready to be spent on them) and at least for now send out my amp and 12.3 driver. I understand about the PC+, I am sure many are waiting.

Are any of experiencing poor service? I even created a thread on what sub will be a good competitor against the PC+ because if the amp and driver ever do make its way here, and the PC+ is never charged on my card, I am going to back out and look else where.

I just hope that they are really busy and will take care of me, because all I hear is good comments on their customer service.

All I can speak of is from my experience which has all been positive. When I was researching my purchase from them I e-mailed them a few times with questions regarding their product and it's performance. I e-mailed both tech support (techsupport@svsound.com) & sales (sales@svsound.com) and received responses from Erik V, Ed Mullen and Ron. The all responded within 24 hours and all were very kind and helpful.

Sorry to hear about your experience and I hope it will get better for you.
post #14 of 272 Old 11-21-2008, 05:36 AM

Quote:

All I can speak of is from my experience which has all been positive. When I was researching my purchase from them I e-mailed them a few times with questions regarding their product and it's performance. I e-mailed both tech support (techsupport@svsound.com) & sales (sales@svsound.com) and received responses from Erik V, Ed Mullen and Ron. The all responded within 24 hours and all were very kind and helpful.

Sorry to hear about your experience and I hope it will get better for you.

I second that comment. Both tech & sales have been insanely good at responding via email. That's actually what sold me on going with SVS. I can't say I've ever experienced that kind of CS from a manufacturer before. It's too bad they don't make cars.
post #15 of 272 Old 11-21-2008, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
It is very weird to hear of non-responsiveness from SVS. They are typically right on top of things. If you expect an e-mail that doesn't come, always check the spam filter. Also consider using the good old telephone.
post #16 of 272 Old 11-21-2008, 09:45 AM

Everything is good now, Erik sent me an email and said all is good. I was disappointed because everyone else was getting the attention except me, LOL. I only worked with one rep of SVS, so he could have been crazy busy.

So he did confirm my order on the new PC+ and will soon be on it's way.

Are any of you using this with another sub or just by itself?
post #17 of 272 Old 11-21-2008, 11:51 AM

My PC12-Plus is scheduled to arrive on Monday, 11/24. Can't wait to get it hooked up. According to SVS, all pre-orders should be cleared and shipped by Tuesday, 11/25.
post #18 of 272 Old 11-21-2008, 03:35 PM

I placed my order on 11/4. Got my UPS notification today, for delivery on 11/25. Feel a cold coming on for that day..:
post #19 of 272 Old 11-21-2008, 03:53 PM

Got mine yesterday. See my post in the Official SVS thread!

Oops! Though you were talking about the PB12-Plus. Sorry about that...
post #20 of 272 Old 11-22-2008, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter

Placed my order on Nov.1. Shipped on Nov. 21. Scheduled to arrrive Nov. 25. Just in time to set it up and play with it over the holidays. I've 8 blu rays waiting for me that I've been holding off from watching.
post #21 of 272 Old 11-22-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:

Placed my order on Nov.1. Shipped on Nov. 21. Scheduled to arrrive Nov. 25. Just in time to set it up and play with it over the holidays. I've 8 blu rays waiting for me that I've been holding off from watching.

Roger: From whom did you receive shipment notification-UPS or SVS? I'm having mine shipped to a neighbor since I am away from home and am anxious to get it. Order was placed on Nov 14.
post #22 of 272 Old 11-23-2008, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjfischer View Post

Roger: From whom did you receive shipment notification-UPS or SVS? I'm having mine shipped to a neighbor since I am away from home and am anxious to get it. Order was placed on Nov 14.

I received the e-mail notice from UPS.
LL
post #23 of 272 Old 11-24-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:

I received the e-mail notice from UPS.

Thanks. Let us know how your setup works out, etc.
post #24 of 272 Old 11-24-2008, 09:13 AM

UPS just dropped it off. Box says PC20-39+. I assume they don't have the boxes for the PC12+ yet.

Whoohooo. Now I have to figure out how to get it home.
post #25 of 272 Old 11-25-2008, 11:05 AM

Just dropped off by UPS. Christmas has come early!
LL
post #26 of 272 Old 11-25-2008, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcap4 View Post

Just dropped off by UPS. Christmas has come early!

Congrats. BTW, what's your current sub?
post #27 of 272 Old 11-25-2008, 12:38 PM

Thanks lalakersfan. My sub was an old AR-12HO. ( It's okay to laugh!)
post #28 of 272 Old 11-25-2008, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Ordered on 11/14 -- just received word that they shipped today 11/25
Can't wait!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 272 Old 11-25-2008, 02:28 PM

My new PC12-Plus arrived last night from UPS. At first I was concerned that they sent the wrong sub (I too noticed the 20-39 PC-Plus box). The box looked a little beat up. Apparently, the delivery guy had the thing in his truck all day and decided to deliver to my house last (lucky me). He was curious and was wondering what it was. I told him it was a subwoofer from a very reputable on-line company (SVS) and I recommended that he get one after he told me that he was looking for something to replace his 15 inch subwoofer that he obviously wasn't satisfied with. He seemed very interested.

Anyway, luckily, the sub was packed quite well and looked fine upon inspection. Got it hooked up fairly quickly and demo'd a few Blu-Rays (Batman Begins, Transformers, Incredible Hulk) without configuring much other than the basic settings. Right out of the box this thing sounds a lot better than my previous sub, SVS 20-39PC, which broke down and started rattling after 7 years. Bass is deep and clean. Not boomy and very tight sounding. This is a pretty big upgrade for me as far as the built-in amplifier is concerned. The 20-39PC only had a 190 watt built-in amp. The difference in power with the new 525 watt amp along with the new driver is definitelly noticeable. Build quality, of course, is top notch. I'm sure some break-in time will still be required. So, I'll do some more configuring later and demo some more Blu-Rays. So far though, I'm impressed.

Thanks SVS!
post #30 of 272 Old 11-25-2008, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

It arrived today just as promised. As others described SVS is shipping it in boxes labeled 20-39 PC Plus. There was a gash in one of the corners of the box but no internal damage. Calibrated it using Audyssey which came with my Denon 989. First blu ray I grabbed was Master & Commander, dialed in the first scene with canon fire. WOW. The chair I was sitting began vibrating. I'm off for the next few days with 8 new blu rays to watch. In between I'll try some music and get back to you. Here are a few pics.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Audyssey

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page