post #511 of 834 Old 03-20-2010, 11:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

the klipsch's will be a fine choice as they are Very efficient matched with the selfpowered PC12-NSD

Polks are way over rated & are not the Polk's of yesteryear

Now the Klipsch sub woofer's aren't that good either as you see them like the Polk's for sale used all the time
The RB-51 Klipsches will really shine as they are horn loaded(that Tractrix is a beautiful sounding horn) as i have owned many of them add the RS-42's & an RC-52 center & home theater will not be the same agin for you
the RB-51 HT system minus the RPW-10 Klipsch sub is the hot ticket
as that system is the best bang for the buck
I know the PC12-NSD is priced high when looking @ other subs but the quality is there as if you had dropped alot more on other sub brands
thou I a huge Klipsch fan i cannot tell anyone to buy a Klipsch sub

Thanks for this input. I wasn't getting much over at the Klipsch thread. I listened to the WB-14 speakers but I'm not seeing much of a technical difference from the RB-51s. I'm not too picky with speakers but just need a nice upgrade and I keep hearing awesome things about Klipsch as well as SVS subs. It get hard to try to listen to each type in stores (if they even have them) and tell a minor difference.

Any other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 834 Old 03-21-2010, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofer View Post

Thanks for this input. I wasn't getting much over at the Klipsch thread. I listened to the WB-14 speakers but I'm not seeing much of a technical difference from the RB-51s. I'm not too picky with speakers but just need a nice upgrade and I keep hearing awesome things about Klipsch as well as SVS subs. It get hard to try to listen to each type in stores (if they even have them) and tell a minor difference.

Any other suggestions?

yeah compare the spec's on on the different klipsch speakers & you will see a common thread that there are the same drivers in a different units , sometimes same exact horn just a different size driver & that copper cone woofer in the higher units is a gem
stay away from the selfpowered units unless u have a cheap A/V
try the forum on Klipcsh's own site as they do have a for sale section called Garage Sale

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #513 of 834 Old 03-23-2010, 03:28 PM

I thought I would just say that I am the owner of 2 of these subs, and I love them. They are the best combination of looks and performance around...the cylinder subs are awesome!

Sauron lives in us all!
post #514 of 834 Old 03-30-2010, 11:10 AM

Hi all,

After a few months with this sub, I am entertaining adding another pc-12 nsd.

The system (deftech m2/m8 speakers) is laid out in a 20x14 +/- rectangle area. Right now the sub is placed at right corner from the tv and main speakers.

Is it OK to position the 2nd sub on the same side wall at the other corner? Or it has to be in the opposite side where there is no wall. I live in a townhouse.

Thanks.
post #515 of 834 Old 03-30-2010, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwild1 View Post

Hi all,

After a few months with this sub, I am entertaining adding another PC-12 NSD.

The system (deftech m2/m8 speakers) is laid out in a 20x14 +/- rectangle area. Right now the sub is placed at right corner from the tv and main speakers.

Is it OK to position the 2nd sub on the same side wall at the other corner? Or it has to be in the opposite side where there is no wall. I live in a townhouse.

Thanks.

I did the same as you did,I got a PC12-NSD loved it ! but just felt i needed just a little more ...........
Got the 2nd & was blown away ! The difference was Huge . To the point I felt that 2 PC12-NSD's would /were a better choice than getting the Plus or higher grade model single SVS sub & I still feel that way .
It really was a Vast improvement both in the playback of a Blu-Ray's realistic sonic presence & playing my system in stereo Music mode playing albums/CD's ,WAV files the bass was Great ..

As for placement that i went to Jack @ SVS about that ..

As My plan was to place the newer Sub behide me & near the rear left corner like the 1st is but on different sides of the room . current set-up was sub was/is 4 feet in from the left corner on the wall (speakers in all 4 corners of the room 20' x 18') with the new sub placed about mirror image to the 1st ,subs on the long wall .

Jack goes ==> Place it right next to the 1st one ,try that 1st before buying all the cable needed to move it across the room , trust me on this it will sound way better to keep them together he said .........

Boy was he right !

As I had the cabling to try both positions & WoW ! Boy do both those subs work better next to each other !
They are about a foot apart & maybe 9" from the wall
To me the adding of a 2nd PC12-NSD was a 500% improvement in bass response & a huge sense of presence

Jack had said my placement of the 1st was best for my room & adding the 2nd to that position both Sub's would vastly compliment each other.. he was right

Mike

post #516 of 834 Old 03-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

I did the same as you did,I got a PC12-NSD loved it ! but just felt i needed just a little more ...........
Got the 2nd & was blown away ! The difference was Huge . To the point I felt that 2 PC12-NSD's would /were a better choice than getting the Plus or higher grade model single SVS sub & I still feel that way .
It really was a Vast improvement both in the playback of a Blu-Ray's realistic sonic presence & playing my system in stereo Music mode playing albums/CD's ,WAV files the bass was Great ..

As for placement that i went to Jack @ SVS about that ..

As My plan was to place the newer Sub behide me & near the rear left corner like the 1st is but on different sides of the room . current set-up was sub was/is 4 feet in from the left corner on the wall (speakers in all 4 corners of the room 20' x 18') with the new sub placed about mirror image to the 1st ,subs on the long wall .

Jack goes ==> Place it right next to the 1st one ,try that 1st before buying all the cable needed to move it across the room , trust me on this it will sound way better to keep them together he said .........

Boy was he right !

As I had the cabling to try both positions & WoW ! Boy do both those subs work better next to each other !
They are about a foot apart & maybe 9" from the wall
To me the adding of a 2nd PC12-NSD was a 500% improvement in bass response & a huge sense of presence

Jack had said my placement of the 1st was best for my room & adding the 2nd to that position both Sub's would vastly compliment each other.. he was right

You are dead on. Putting both together always sound better. Unless ofcourse you go with a Quad solution.

These subs are only second to the ULTRA in the lows they produce. Better then the PLUS for sure. I almost went with two PB12-NSDs but decided on the ULTRA. I plan to add a second but if that does not pan out I will sell it and go with my original plan.
Jack said that 2 NSDs will out do the PLUS down low where it really counts, and even give the ULTRA a run for it's money.
I keep saying the NSDs are the best manufactured sub for the money right now.
post #517 of 834 Old 03-30-2010, 04:02 PM

Thanks for the feedback. It surely reinforces my thinking.

But... 2 "water heaters" side-by-side?
post #518 of 834 Old 03-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback. It surely reinforces my thinking.

But... 2 "water heaters" side-by-side?

Some like it hot....
post #519 of 834 Old 03-30-2010, 04:26 PM

trying to get the most out of my pc 12 nsd trying to understand the whole db setting whats best. my receiver is showing the sub at a -0.5 db. MY gain on the sub is set at 1/3 crossover is at 80hz and the top switch is set to disabled. My scs 01 L/R shows a db of +3.0 center + 0.5 db
post #520 of 834 Old 03-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko1 View Post

trying to get the most out of my pc 12 nsd trying to understand the whole db setting whats best. my receiver is showing the sub at a -0.5 db. MY gain on the sub is set at 1/3 crossover is at 80hz and the top switch is set to disabled. My scs 01 L/R shows a db of +3.0 center + 0.5 db

Run the sub at atleast +3
post #521 of 834 Old 03-30-2010, 05:01 PM

i tried it at +4 db and set the gain at 11:00 clock sounded much stronger should i leave that switch on the sub disabled
post #522 of 834 Old 03-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko1 View Post

i tried it at +4 db and set the gain at 11:00 clock sounded much stronger should i leave that switch on the sub disabled

Leave the x-over on the sub disabled
post #523 of 834 Old 03-30-2010, 05:29 PM

ok thanks
post #524 of 834 Old 04-01-2010, 07:56 AM

Before final decision I would like to get your suggestion on the location of the additional sub. Thanks.

Scan001.PDF 14.3349609375k . file
post #525 of 834 Old 04-01-2010, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Before final decision I would like to get your suggestion on the location of the additional sub. Thanks.

right next to the 1st one I M O

But really send this layout of your room to the SVS techs
jack give U the best advice & quickly Too !

jackg@svsound.com

Mike

post #526 of 834 Old 04-22-2010, 05:11 PM

Hi all,

The 2nd PC12-NSD is coming tomorrow. The placement will be as SVS Jack suggested-middle of the room on both sides.

My question is: should I run MACC (Pioneer VSX-919) for each one first with gain at 9 o'clock, then both?

Thanks.
post #527 of 834 Old 05-02-2010, 02:01 PM

Just ordered my SVS PC12-NSD from Sonicboomaudio up here in Canada. Should be here in 5 days or so - can't wait!

My basement is wide open @ ~3300 cu. ft, so I am nearing the larger side of where this sub is recommended, but I hope it will serve me well as my first real subwoofer - others that I've had have been cheap junk or hand-me-downs. Only worry is that it resembles a scratching post - if my cat knows whats best for him, he will stay well away or I will crank it and scare the daylights out of him!

It is the missing piece of the puzzle for my basement setup. I was thinking of going the DIY route for the longest time, but at the end of the day, the WAF was in full effect and she will appreciate more of a piece of furniture rather than a big ugly box had I built myself. Plus with the smaller footprint, I can place the sub beside the couch behind the end-table, which to me is the most unobtrusive placement - hopefully it sounds the best from here also!

I am an impatient man, so I've put together a sketchup drawing showing the cylinder in my setup... will post some pics when I have the real thing next weekend!

My HT Thread | Denon AVR-889 - Klipsch RF62s/RS42s/RC52 - SVS PC12-NSD - Panasonic PTAE4000U - Bell ExpressVu 9200 - MS Xbox 360 - HP Pavilion M9250F
post #528 of 834 Old 05-02-2010, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 106
First of all congrats on your new SVS ! Secondly best sketch i've scene yet !
post #529 of 834 Old 05-02-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtiguy81 View Post

Just ordered my SVS PC12-NSD from Sonicboomaudio up here in Canada. Should be here in 5 days or so - can't wait!

My basement is wide open @ ~3300 cu. ft, so I am nearing the larger side of where this sub is recommended, but I hope it will serve me well as my first real subwoofer - others that I've had have been cheap junk or hand-me-downs. Only worry is that it resembles a scratching post - if my cat knows whats best for him, he will stay well away or I will crank it and scare the daylights out of him!

It is the missing piece of the puzzle for my basement setup. I was thinking of going the DIY route for the longest time, but at the end of the day, the WAF was in full effect and I she will appreciate more of a piece of furniture rather than a big ugly box had I built myself. Plus with the smaller footprint, I can place the sub beside the couch behind the end-table, which to me is the most unobtrusive placement - hopefully it sounds the best from here also!

I am an impatient man, so I've put together a sketchup drawing showing the cylinder in my setup... will post some pics when I have the real thing next weekend!

Congrats! Best room 'sketch' I've seen! fyi...you can also lay the cylinder on its side, just in case you didn't know. Although I think the way you have it set up cannot be improved upon!
post #530 of 834 Old 05-07-2010, 02:13 PM

Took delivery today

It is BIG - my sketchup drawing was pretty much bang on to show the size, but for some reason there is always a tendency to think it is smaller!

I put on Saving Private Ryan first thing, and it already sounds AWESOME with minimal setup, but I will be calibrating later on tonight. Initially I'll just be running the Audyssey setup from the Denon AVR-889, and fine tuning to my liking. Hopefully will calibrate with an SPL meter in the next week or so.

Here are some pics... more to be posted on my basement thread in my signature.

Beside our 3 month old to show how awesomely huge it is!

In its new home beside the couch

Tucked away

My HT Thread | Denon AVR-889 - Klipsch RF62s/RS42s/RC52 - SVS PC12-NSD - Panasonic PTAE4000U - Bell ExpressVu 9200 - MS Xbox 360 - HP Pavilion M9250F
post #531 of 834 Old 05-07-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:

Took delivery today

It is BIG - my sketchup drawing was pretty much bang on to show the size, but for some reason there is always a tendency to think it is smaller!

I put on Saving Private Ryan first thing, and it already sounds AWESOME with minimal setup, but I will be calibrating later on tonight. Initially I'll just be running the Audyssey setup from the Denon AVR-889, and fine tuning to my liking. Hopefully will calibrate with an SPL meter in the next week or so.

Here are some pics... more to be posted on my basement thread in my signature.

Congratulations! How does the wife like it?
post #532 of 834 Old 05-07-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fquails View Post

Congratulations! How does the wife like it?

"So babe - how do you like it?"

"Not bad, but I've yet to hear it in all its glory"

It went something like that, so far so good!

She did make me choose the cylinder over the box, but most importantly I think she likes the fact that it's tucked away by the couch. However she used to sit on THAT side, I think we'll be switching spots now.

post #533 of 834 Old 05-07-2010, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Great picks GTIGuy and congrats ! BTW do you have a GTI ? Im Assuming yes lol
post #534 of 834 Old 05-07-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post

Great picks GTIGuy and congrats ! BTW do you have a GTI ? Im Assuming yes lol

haha you would thing so... actually I'm a Subaru Forester owner now, just been using that handle since I was 16 or so and it just kind of stuck...

Back to the sub... played around with it a bit more, ran the audyssey setup and bumped it a couple dB, have it 1/3 gain, 80hz xover, and it freaking pounds. Fills my area without issue - I LOVE it!

post #535 of 834 Old 05-07-2010, 10:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

haha you would thing so... actually I'm a Subaru Forester owner now, just been using that handle since I was 16 or so and it just kind of stuck...

Back to the sub... played around with it a bit more, ran the audyssey setup and bumped it a couple dB, have it 1/3 gain, 80hz xover, and it freaking pounds. Fills my area without issue - I LOVE it!

Glad your happy SVS makes great subs !
post #536 of 834 Old 06-25-2010, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
I just ordered (last night) my first SVS sub and I cant wait for its arrival. I have yet to receive order confirmation from SVS on shipping info but I have to believe it will be here shortly. I am upgrading from a PA-120 so I assume that the results in the difference of the two will be significant............I hope......!! I have to also assume that everyone here still loves theirs as much as when they first got them since this thread is somewhat silent?!?! And sorry to resurect this thread but I needed someone to share my glory with

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
post #537 of 834 Old 06-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

I just ordered (last night) my first SVS sub and I cant wait for its arrival. I have yet to receive order confirmation from SVS on shipping info but I have to believe it will be here shortly. I am upgrading from a PA-120 so I assume that the results in the difference of the two will be significant............I hope......!! I have to also assume that everyone here still loves theirs as much as when they first got them since this thread is somewhat silent?!?! And sorry to resurect this thread but I needed someone to share my glory with

I'm still really happy with mine. I finally watched War of the Worlds last week, and during the earthquake scene where the tripod is coming out of the ground I was worried the foundation of the house might be sustaining damage. The ground was shaking beneath my feet. Hopefully I didn't scare the neighbors too badly. I figure they thought it was a real earthquake since they didn't call the cops on me...

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
post #538 of 834 Old 06-25-2010, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

still rockin in the free world with my 2 PC12-NSD's I love them !!

Mike

post #539 of 834 Old 06-25-2010, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounta1n View Post

I'm still really happy with mine. I finally watched War of the Worlds last week, and during the earthquake scene where the tripod is coming out of the ground I was worried the foundation of the house might be sustaining damage. The ground was shaking beneath my feet. Hopefully I didn't scare the neighbors too badly. I figure they thought it was a real earthquake since they didn't call the cops on me...

Wow this thing is THAT loud?? Holy Crap I better suggest to the wife that we move to the country asap

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
post #540 of 834 Old 06-25-2010, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

Wow this thing is THAT loud?? Holy Crap I better suggest to the wife that we move to the country asap

Can't do that, they might not have good reception for the ND Games, and that is not something you can go without .

I myself will be purchasing one of these (trying to talk the future wife into two ) and then moving my PSW125 into my office. I decided to downgrade in the bedroom and move to just a wallmounted TV and possibly later down the road a soundbar.

Saved me a bunch of cash.

My Setup

Quote:
There exists, for everyone, a sentence - a series of words - that has the power to destroy you. Another sentence exists, another series of words, that could heal you. If you're lucky you will get the 2nd, but you can be certain of getting the 1st. - Philip K. Dick

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page