post #541 of 834 Old 06-25-2010, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post

Can't do that, they might not have good reception for the ND Games, and that is not something you can go without .

I myself will be purchasing one of these (trying to talk the future wife into two ) and then moving my PSW125 into my office. I decided to downgrade in the bedroom and move to just a wallmounted TV and possibly later down the road a soundbar.

Saved me a bunch of cash.

With Directv my friend ND is on EVERY week no matter what As for this sub I replaced my PA-120 which I am either going to sell or move upstairs to our main living room. If I like this thing as much as I think I will who knows maybe a second one down the road will be in order

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 834 Old 06-25-2010, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

POTENTIAL HUGE PROBLEMS HERE!!!

I just received an email confirmation that my new SVS sub will be delivered Tuesday via UPS however the email states that they shipped a PB-12 NSD and I ordered a PC-12 NSD. This is a big concern that I have to live with all weekend long since they are closed until Monday...!!! The PB-12 is the box version and the PC-12 is the cylinder version for those that dont know......man this is going to cause me unnecessary stress for the next few days

post #543 of 834 Old 06-25-2010, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve View Post

POTENTIAL HUGE PROBLEMS HERE!!!

I just received an email confirmation that my new SVS sub will be delivered Tuesday via UPS however the email states that they shipped a PB-12 NSD and I ordered a PC-12 NSD. This is a big concern that I have to live with all weekend long since they are closed until Monday...!!! The PB-12 is the box version and the PC-12 is the cylinder version for those that dont know......man this is going to cause me unnecessary stress for the next few days

email them anyway. Customer Service usually works all week. They may be able to recall the shipment and get a PC on the way. Or they will at least tell you to reject the delivery so it gets returned to them.

Or keep the PB, you may like it.

Randy
post #544 of 834 Old 06-26-2010, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransac View Post

email them anyway. Customer Service usually works all week. They may be able to recall the shipment and get a PC on the way. Or they will at least tell you to reject the delivery so it gets returned to them.

Or keep the PB, you may like it.

I emailed immediately and got an email back @ 6am today, It said "It in fact was a PB-12 shipped and not a PC-12, would you like to make plans to return it?"

REALLY???? Yes I would since i didnt order the PB. The way he stated that makes me think he is planning on charging me to "make this right" As for keeping the PB, I am sure I would like it but I wanted the PC due to placement issues. Either way i sure hope SVS takes care of this situation

post #545 of 834 Old 06-26-2010, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I emailed immediately and got an email back @ 6am today, It said "It in fact was a PB-12 shipped and not a PC-12, would you like to make plans to return it?"

REALLY???? Yes I would since i didn't order the PB. The way he stated that makes me think he is planning on charging me to "make this right" As for keeping the PB, I am sure I would like it but I wanted the PC due to placement issues. Either way i sure hope SVS takes care of this situation

If they shipped the wrong product, they aren't going to charge you for return shipping. It's been a few years, but I recall they just sent me, via email, a UPS call ticket. You just call UPS to pick it up at your house, and it is already prepaid by SVS.

Maybe the responder doesn't know, or I am wrong, but I believe, as the shipper, they could contact UPS and just get it rerouted back to them without it being delivered to you.

Since you have to sign for the delivery, you can always just decline.

It might be best for you to get SVS on the phone and discuss options. It's much more efficient to talk to someone than to keep exchanging emails.

Randy
post #546 of 834 Old 06-26-2010, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If they shipped the wrong product, they aren't going to charge you for return shipping. It's been a few years, but I recall they just sent me, via email, a UPS call ticket. You just call UPS to pick it up at your house, and it is already prepaid by SVS.

Maybe the responder doesn't know, or I am wrong, but I believe, as the shipper, they could contact UPS and just get it rerouted back to them without it being delivered to you.

Since you have to sign for the delivery, you can always just decline.

It might be best for you to get SVS on the phone and discuss options. It's much more efficient to talk to someone than to keep exchanging emails.

He tried to tell me in his only email (at 6am) that "I" ordered the wrong sub when in fact I know that to be untrue. He is the Director of Customer Service but he has only emailed me once. I sent a return email and havent heard back yet. I dont know what number to call since its Saturday, I tried last night with no answer. The biggest problem is that its scheduled to be delivered by UPS Monday. If I refuse it will that cause more problems?? That is a concern as well

post #547 of 834 Old 06-26-2010, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

He tried to tell me in his only email (at 6am) that "I" ordered the wrong sub when in fact I know that to be untrue. He is the Director of Customer Service but he has only emailed me once. I sent a return email and haven't heard back yet. I dint know what number to call since its Saturday, I tried last night with no answer. The biggest problem is that its scheduled to be delivered by UPS Monday. If I refuse it will that cause more problems?? That is a concern as well

I can't confirm who ordered what, so I won't get into that discussion. When I had some issues 4 years ago, I dealt directly with one of the owners. Success does have its drawbacks.

Is Ed the person you're dealing with?

I also noticed that the website shows the PB12-NSD will resume shipping on July 21, 2010. Something strange going on.

Randy
post #548 of 834 Old 06-26-2010, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I can't confirm who ordered what, so I won't get into that discussion. When I had some issues 4 years ago, I dealt directly with one of the owners. Success does have its drawbacks.

Is Ed the person you're dealing with?

I also noticed that the website shows the PB12-NSD will resume shipping on July 21, 2010. Something strange going on.

Wow that is insane. I ordered a B-stock PC-12 NSD. I have not been dealing with Ed but am willing to deal with anyone that will help me. I have to believe they can do a UPS delivery intercept and have it redirected back to them and send me the correct one but we will see as I have yet to receive another email.

post #549 of 834 Old 06-26-2010, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wow that is insane. I ordered a B-stock PC-12 NSD. I have not been dealing with Ed but am willing to deal with anyone that will help me. I have to believe they can do a UPS delivery intercept and have it redirected back to them and send me the correct one but we will see as I have yet to receive another email.

Even the best customer service is not 100% satisfactory 100% of the time. All I can offer is that you remain patient and continue to keep contact and I am sure SVS will make this right.

Randy
post #550 of 834 Old 06-26-2010, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Even the best customer service is not 100% satisfactory 100% of the time. All I can offer is that you remain patient and continue to keep contact and I am sure SVS will make this right.

I am trying to remain calm...LOL. As for contact there has been almost none, other than the email to me at 6 am. Still awaiting a response but I can only assume they will in fact make it right.

post #551 of 834 Old 06-30-2010, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok loooooong story shooooort. SVS is the BEST DAMN COMPANY OUT THERE!! PERIOD!!! Customer Service=A+
Product=A+
Shipping Time=A+
Communication=A+
They simply went above and beyond what any company (that I have dealt with) would or even had to do. Considering I ordered orriginally Thursday night late and things got all messed up from there (my fault I believe) they then shipped out the original sub Friday to be delivered Monday, intercepted that and replaced (with the right sub) the same day. Oh AND gave me an A-stock since someone purchased the last B-stock.....SVS my hats off to you.

On another note what should I have everything on the back set at?? Gain, phase, crossover etc???

post #552 of 834 Old 06-30-2010, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ok loooooong story shooooort. SVS is the BEST DAMN COMPANY OUT THERE!! PERIOD!!! Customer Service=A+
Product=A+
Shipping Time=A+
Communication=A+
They simply went above and beyond what any company (that I have dealt with) would or even had to do. Considering I ordered orriginally Thursday night late and things got all messed up from there (my fault I believe) they then shipped out the original sub Friday to be delivered Monday, intercepted that and replaced (with the right sub) the same day. Oh AND gave me an A-stock since someone purchased the last B-stock.....SVS my hats off to you.

On another note what should I have everything on the back set at?? Gain, phase, crossover etc???

Told ya.

Gain, start at the 10 o'clock position and adjust as needed.

Phase, start at 0 and you will probably leave it there.

Crossover, disable it and use your AVR.

Auto/On to your choice. I use Auto.

Power switch, and this is THE most important setting, to On (1 position).

Randy
post #553 of 834 Old 07-01-2010, 02:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Haha the power was going to be the problem switch. What should I have the avr set at?

post #554 of 834 Old 07-01-2010, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by iusteve View Post

haha the power was going to be the problem switch. What should i have the avr set at?

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #555 of 834 Old 07-01-2010, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Haha the power was going to be the problem switch. What should I have the avr set at?

If you're asking about the crossover, it can depend on the capabilities of your speakers. Best thing to do is start at 80Hz. If your speakers are rated to go down to 40Hz, then you might try a 60Hz XO. If they are micro speakers, then you may need to go to 100Hz. Try 80 to start.

Randy
post #556 of 834 Old 07-25-2010, 08:39 AM

Liked: 10
Looking at purchasing either a Pc12-nsd or a Pc12-plus. My tv is in a corner and sub will have to go behind tv. Any of you have your subs like this and how should it affect perfomance?
post #557 of 834 Old 07-25-2010, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey6821 View Post

Looking at purchasing either a Pc12-nsd or a Pc12-plus. My tv is in a corner and sub will have to go behind tv. Any of you have your subs like this and how should it affect perfomance?

the PC12-NSD will have a smaller foot print, Soo it will fit into the corner better should actually sound great in that position

Mike

post #558 of 834 Old 07-25-2010, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

the PC12-NSD will have a smaller foot print, Soo it will fit into the corner better should actually sound great in that position

Actually they have the same footprint. The plus is just 5" taller.

Xbox One Gamertag = The Barbeerian

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
post #559 of 834 Old 07-25-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey6821 View Post

I have the exact same setup with my PC12-NSD. No issues at all.
post #560 of 834 Old 08-06-2010, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Just a post to say how happy i am with my pc12-nsd. I was putting this up against an Aperion 10D, an SVS pb10-nsd and a Aperion 8D.

I know its a strange comparison but thats how it happened. Cutting right to the chase, the winners here are the 8D and the pc12. The 8d sounds fantastic with music. It sounded just as good with movies too but i just knew i was missing out on the low stuff so i ordered the 10D and the pb10. Well for me, the difference between The 8D and the 10D was not very much. The pb10 sounded great with movies but i could not get it to sound great with music. I then decided to order a pc12-nsd. Well needless to say, all the rest went back. The pc12 has that deep slam greater than even the pb10 but also is articulate like the 8D. I think its size and the placement options had a big impact.

I just wanted to post that for those that are shopping.

Xbox One Gamertag = The Barbeerian

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
post #561 of 834 Old 09-27-2010, 11:37 PM

Can any member have bought/experienced the latest SVS PC12-NSD fitted with Sledge STA-400D DSP amps (400Watts). Would like to get your opinion abouit the same and comparison with the new rival SVS SB12-NSD with the new amp as PC12-NSD?
post #562 of 834 Old 09-28-2010, 04:58 AM

I dont think the new units have shipped yet, but any day now. I placed an order for 2 of them and still waiting for them to ship, I was told by the end of the week they should start shipping.
post #563 of 834 Old 09-28-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beever View Post

I dont think the new units have shipped yet, but any day now. I placed an order for 2 of them and still waiting for them to ship, I was told by the end of the week they should start shipping.

Ok, I was under the impression that other countries would have received the product except for India.

Here I was told by Oct mid, we are offered discounts for the first 100 customers and the countdown is nearing deadline. So, thought to ask opinion between SB12-NSD and PC12-NSD from any of our members here who have experienced these new subs.

NB: I have in mind the PC12-NSD
post #564 of 834 Old 09-28-2010, 08:09 PM

Hey so I have a local SVS 16-46 PC-Plus available, for $400. What do you guys think? Other thing i'm considering is spending 699 for new pc-12nsd or pb-12nsd, but with shipping on those it'll end up being close to double the cost.

Sub will be used for mainly Home Theater (80% movies&tv vs 20% music). Have 4 small energy satellites (c50's i believe) and larger center channel one. Room is fairly small, although viewing area occupies 1/2 of larger room that includes dining area.

Im looking for good low end bass, but wondering if going with 16-46+ will give up too much on stuff above 25hz? Will new pb12nsd or pc12nsd be better than this??

Thanks!
post #565 of 834 Old 09-29-2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyNT View Post

Hey so I have a local SVS 16-46 PC-Plus available, for $400. What do you guys think? Other thing i'm considering is spending 699 for new pc-12nsd or pb-12nsd, but with shipping on those it'll end up being close to double the cost.

Sub will be used for mainly Home Theater (80% movies&tv vs 20% music). Have 4 small energy satellites (c50's i believe) and larger center channel one. Room is fairly small, although viewing area occupies 1/2 of larger room that includes dining area.

Im looking for good low end bass, but wondering if going with 16-46+ will give up too much on stuff above 25hz? Will new pb12nsd or pc12nsd be better than this??

Thanks!

I believe the PB12-NSD is closeout as per website.
post #566 of 834 Old 10-23-2010, 06:02 AM

I got my PC12-NSD on 10/22/10 can't wait to hook it up and run some test to find the best location in the room. My room is small; i have an apartment in New York (so you know how that goes) which means small rooms. None the less, i am happy that i got the pc12. Now all i have to do is set it up and match it with my system.

My current HT set up:
-Pioneer SC-27 AVR
-Definitive Tech speakers (SM350's L/R,CLR-2300 center, SM350 surrounds)
-Pioneer KRP-500M 50"
-Oppo 83 blu-ray
-Sony PS3 blu-ray
-Pioneer 23FD blu-ray
post #567 of 834 Old 10-23-2010, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quique3215 View Post

I got my PC12-NSD on 10/22/10 can't wait to hook it up and run some test to find the best location in the room. My room is small; i have an apartment in New York (so you know how that goes) which means small rooms. None the less, i am happy that i got the pc12. Now all i have to do is set it up and match it with my system.

My current HT set up:
-Pioneer SC-27 AVR
-Definitive Tech speakers (SM350's L/R,CLR-2300 center, SM350 surrounds)
-Pioneer KRP-500M 50"
-Oppo 83 blu-ray
-Sony PS3 blu-ray
-Pioneer 23FD blu-ray

COOL let us know how it turns out for you !

Mike

post #568 of 834 Old 11-06-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eummagic View Post

I believe the PB12-NSD is closeout as per website.

Where else can I buy the PB12-NSD DSP guys and will it be much more expensive when it resumes shipping in early 2011 with a new enclosure? Thanks.

http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box-pb12nsd.cfm
post #569 of 834 Old 11-19-2010, 01:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Howdy, I currently have two Klipsch RW-12d's and have been highly considering replacing them with two PC12-NSD DSP's. Anyone here have any experince with both? I do like the output that the Klipsch have, but I do wish they'd go a little lower. I know with the PC-12 I will be able to achieve lower frequencies, but will it be possible to retain the output that the Klipsch have (30-40ish hz range)?

I really like the SVS cylinder subs. My room is approximately 24'x11.5'x 8.5' which can be seen from the link in my signature. TIA!

-Jason

- Almost "complete".
-

-

SONY quality and customer service FTMFL
post #570 of 834 Old 11-19-2010, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaSHO View Post
Howdy, I currently have two Klipsch RW-12d's and have been highly considering replacing them with two PC12-NSD DSP's. Anyone here have any experince with both? I do like the output that the Klipsch have, but I do wish they'd go a little lower. I know with the PC-12 I will be able to achieve lower frequencies, but will it be possible to retain the output that the Klipsch have (30-40ish hz range)?

I really like the SVS cylinder subs. My room is approximately 24'x11.5'x 8.5' which can be seen from the link in my signature. TIA!
I have listened to the RW12-d and PC12-NSD in a same room. The PC12-NSD goes lower and cleaner than the RW12-d. You wouldn't got wrong with it, especially dual PC

Bass, please. Shaken, not stirred.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page