Anyone heard of Acoustic Audio subwoofers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 25 Old 01-26-2009, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
They do a good job of building interest by saying they retail for $499 Anyways, they look nice and seem well built, but have no feedback yet. I know, you get what you pay for, but I need a sub $200 sub that has an enclosure less than 13.5" wide. Well?

thanks

They wont let me post a url, but if you do an amazon search for acoustic audio subwoofer or more specifically the acoustic audio HD-SUB10 you should find it no problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 01-26-2009, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sounds very 'White Van' to me. Probably best to stay away -- brand recognition may be your friend in this case. Unless you like gambling with your dollars.
MsMiri likes this.
post #3 of 25 Old 01-26-2009, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterworks View Post

Sounds very 'White Van' to me. Probably best to stay away -- brand recognition may be your friend in this case. Unless you like gambling with your dollars.

that was my first thought too. I normally wouldn't ask, but they do look nice and seem to have nice specs.
post #4 of 25 Old 01-27-2009, 08:20 PM

Liked: 10
i was woundering the same thing.im interested of getting one of those 15inch 300wrms that hits 23hz or so it says for 170
post #5 of 25 Old 01-28-2009, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
interested too
post #6 of 25 Old 02-09-2009, 02:18 AM

There is a gentleman over at Blu-ray.com who purchased two fo the subs and was very impressed with build quality and sound. They apparently exceeded the stated specs and sounded nice and clean.

Do a search over in the sub forums and they have a thread dedicated to this manufacture with some good pics.

This does not seem like a white van company even though the name would lead you to believe that.
post #7 of 25 Old 03-06-2009, 08:54 AM

I just purchased their RW-12 - base model 12" sub. I paid $117 via Ebay and with free shipping. I'm on a very strict budget, so I took the gamble and have to say that I am very please for what I've invested.
The difference (had no sub at all before) was not extreme, due to the fact I have Mach 2's up front pushing 15" woofers. I've yet to really play around with the settings but, have to say that this sub performs pretty well. The only issue I was concerned about was the size of the enclosure - very small for a 12" sub. I don't know if a larger cabinet would really affect it's performance.
Anyway, here are some pics and if you're on a budget and don't currently have a sub, I would definately suggest this one.

post #8 of 25 Old 03-06-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1M4G3 View Post

i was woundering the same thing.im interested of getting one of those 15inch 300wrms that hits 23hz or so it says for 170

Yeah its kind of tempting.
post #9 of 25 Old 03-06-2009, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I'd be willing to bet it would do a lot better on some longer legs. Looks like it's getting snuffed.

Lot's of low rent stuff stacked up into a medium rent pile.
post #10 of 25 Old 03-06-2009, 02:39 PM

Go over to Blu-Ray.com and look in the subwoofer forum and you will find a thread for Acoustic Audio subs. A couple of people over there have had good luck as well. They seem like a pretty good sub for the money.
post #11 of 25 Old 03-07-2009, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I have two of these RW sub 12's. I figured for $120 why not right. It is actually pretty impressive i was surprised as well. I would definitely like for someone whos a serious bass head on here to spring for one (no more than 120 shipped) and write a true review on it. I purchased it for the specs vs. price aspect thinking if it were that bad i could sell it on craigslist or something. But i would give it a thumbs up. So i can only assume the HD 15" 1000watt sub for $200 would be tons better.

List your favorite BASS movies here...http://lfemovies.pbworks.com/FrontPage
post #12 of 25 Old 03-07-2009, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital desire View Post

I'd be willing to bet it would do a lot better on some longer legs. Looks like it's getting snuffed.

I thought the same thing the legs are only about 1.5"-2". How tall should they be??

EDIT: just measured and i only have 1/2" of clearance from the cone to the carpet.

post #13 of 25 Old 04-22-2009, 07:30 PM

No auto on?
post #14 of 25 Old 04-22-2009, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

No they dont have auto on. Or phase adjustment, i think that where some of the cost are cut in the production.

post #15 of 25 Old 04-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Advanced Member

post #16 of 25 Old 04-22-2009, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just alot of happy customer's in there. But i actually got to compare my dual RW sub 12's to a single klipsch 12" sold at best buy for $400. And i have to say the Acoustic audio's won overall in output and quailty. I did this because like most people i thought how on earth could a $120 sub or 2 in my case be better than a $400 sub. But they are indeed. I am surprised noone has bought one of the HD12's or HD15's and compared it to a bic-h100 or the pa-120. But me being bass crazy i sold mine and built my own sub that's the only reason i dont have mine anymore.

post #17 of 25 Old 04-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecew View Post

Just alot of happy customer's in there. But i actually got to compare my dual RW sub 12's to a single klipsch 12" sold at best buy for $400. And i have to say the Acoustic audio's won overall in output and quailty. I did this because like most people i thought how on earth could a $120 sub or 2 in my case be better than a $400 sub. But they are indeed. I am surprised noone has bought one of the HD12's or HD15's and compared it to a bic-h100 or the pa-120. But me being bass crazy i sold mine and built my own sub that's the only reason i dont have mine anymore.

im sure it is a great sub... it was a toss up for me to get either the hd15 or the pa120... i chose the pa120 because of the finish and build quality..

but even in its present state... brand new.. i cant imagine asking for anything more... i have yet to find out this subs true potential.. i just dont listen to anything that loud... and i have my sub turned down low.. for a less boomy more accurate sound... i love it..
post #18 of 25 Old 09-19-2010, 05:14 AM

I purchased their powered 12". I bought it on Ebay new with free shipping, for 130 bucks. It does look nice....and so far I have been happy with it. I'm using it with an Adcom preamp and Adcom GFA-555 high current amp along with a pair of JSE Infinite Slope Model 2 speakers. Those JSE speakers have five drivers each...I thought they sounded good with their 12 and 10 inch woofers, but man this Acoustic Audio sub really finishes the job.
post #19 of 25 Old 09-19-2010, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 56
In '05 my very first sub was a MTX 12" from Circuit City. It worked and I really didn't know anything about subs, setup, or anything else at the time. Later, took the driver out and it was a cheaply made sub. It had 1/2 inch mdf walls with no bracing, a roll of cardboard for the port, and the driver was made from all stamped parts. What do you expect for $150.
post #20 of 25 Old 11-14-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaCrab View Post

I purchased their powered 12". I bought it on Ebay new with free shipping, for 130 bucks. It does look nice....and so far I have been happy with it. I'm using it with an Adcom preamp and Adcom GFA-555 high current amp along with a pair of JSE Infinite Slope Model 2 speakers. Those JSE speakers have five drivers each...I thought they sounded good with their 12 and 10 inch woofers, but man this Acoustic Audio sub really finishes the job.

I have two sets of Infinite slope speakers model 1's and 1.8A's. those kick butt without my sub! nice to see others still using them!!! I have a cheap AR 10in. sub for now. All it really does is add fill.
post #21 of 25 Old 11-14-2010, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I decided to get 2 of the RWSUB-15 subwoofers

http://www.thedeepdiscount.com/p-377...eater-sub.aspx

I bought each of them off of Acoustic Audio ebay page for the "best offer" price of $150 each with FREE SHIPPING. I read that the subs lacked enough poylfil, so I added extra polyfil, and then extended the legs (just added 1/2" PVC couplers as spacers between the sub cabinet and original feet) to give the woofer and port more room to move/breathe. These subs really are very effective, and a bargain for such a low price. I have isolated the Klipsch KG 3.2 speakers by placing soft rubber pads between the KG's and the subs. I have the subs crossed over at 60 hertz to avoid vocals coming through the subs. These subs do have a low input sensitivity, so after tweaking them over the last couple of weeks I now have the gain on each of the subs at the 3 o'clock position and the sub output on the denon receiver at +6. The auto turn on feature on these subs times out after ~30 seconds, which in my opnion is about 10x too short. So I will be getting one of those "green" power strips to act as the auto turn on for these subs and just leave the subs switched to constantly "ON". Over all I am very happy with these inexpensive units, I have more than enough headroom with zero audible distortion, and some pretty deep extension. I couldn't ask for more from my budget bedroom theater!

post #22 of 25 Old 12-14-2012, 11:30 AM

Well i just ordered a simple 200 watt satellite speakers w subwoofer just for use at home and i did t expectthem to be too powerful and ill be glad if they are not because my neighbors are *******s ...but i should recieve them next week and ill post my experience...i know good sound...my two brothers are electro/trance/ambient composers/producers and i love BASS the more the better so ill let u know if this little one is good their bigger ones could be too...it was only 39.99 so im not expecting miracles but i couldnt afford the Bose ones lol...and those are really good for bass so i have a good comparison to male if they are ANYTHING CLOSE to the bose sound ill be happy smile.gif
post #23 of 25 Old 12-14-2012, 11:34 AM

Sorry for all the typos! I didnt revise before hitting "send" and im doing this on my touchscreen :P and i am talking abt the same brand Acoustic Audio sold by deepdiscount on ebay....i saw a lot of bad terrible reviews but i assume these people were expecting miracles at 40$ ...my review will be "if u are willing to buy no name cheap speakers are the WORTH the price?" and not really if the sound is perfect...ppl should already know before buying that it wont be!
post #24 of 25 Old 12-22-2012, 03:10 PM

Ok. I bought and recieved the Acoustic Audio Speakers. I feel very ashamed of myself right now. PLEASE MUSIC LOVERS PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS!!!! :O IT IS NOT EVEN WORTH THE 40$ i paid...i woulda been satisfied w this sound quality for 20$ MAX. Words cannot express the poor Bass !!!!! HOW DID I MAKE SUCH A MISTAKE LOL thank God it was only 40$ but it still hurts lol frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif i know a lot ppl hate on Bose But for HIP HOP/ R&B LOVERS : BOSE ALL THE WAY! GET A CREDIT CARD SAVE UP I DONT KNOW BUT DO GET THE COMPANION 5 ! IVE HEARD IT AND NOW NOTHING NOTHING COMPARES! THIS WILL DEFINITLEY BE MY NEXT PURCHASE. So if u want my summarized opinion about Acoustic Audio all i have to say is : -_-
post #25 of 25 Old 12-22-2012, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My subs are still going strong, I can't complain at all. I'm very impressed with the longevity thus far. I will rock out with these till the wheels come off, then see about doing a diy set.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page