1Likes

post #271 of 2862 Old 04-24-2009, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielson99 View Post

Ok, I noticed a few grammatical errors and I'm wondering what Bachelor's you finished...was it a Bachelor pad?

lmao yes that's the one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 2862 Old 04-26-2009, 09:13 PM

Liked: 13
Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but I just got done watching The Day The Earth Stood Still. Really puts the sub through it's paces and handles it very well. I'm still impressed for a 200 buck sub.
post #273 of 2862 Old 04-30-2009, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
has this forum died? nobody posting any comments about their f12, pics, set-up... still enjoying mine, still amazes me, even at low volume it gives a great feel to the music or tv.
post #274 of 2862 Old 04-30-2009, 07:37 AM

Hello,

Ive been looking around for a new sub. I live in apartment so im not trying to get something that will get me kicked out. Just something with nice tight bass that i can crank up while people would be at work and a have kick while watching movies at night. I was looking at svs, hsu, etc but being in an apt i think i would really restrict those especially since ill be here for another two years. I currently have a sub from my old speaker package hkts 15. I believe its a 10" 100 watt. I would expect the bic to destroy it right? All you guys seem to be really happy with it. Have you compared it to any other subs? For around 200 its a hell of a deal! Itd be 200 more for the cheapest SVS and spec wise doesnt really seem worth it.

*edit*
Sorry this would also be used mainly for movies and gaming. My current receiver is an hk 247. It seems like a few of you either dont like this receiver or have had problems with it? Is it with this sub? Ive had it for about a year and its treated me great! Plus I got a sick deal on it.
post #275 of 2862 Old 04-30-2009, 08:01 AM

hey sound master -- I'm ordering one today (as soon as my buyer from my old sub pays me) -- so I'll keep this thread alive a bit longer as soon as it shows up. I'll post pics too. this sub will be replacing a 50 watt 8" sub --- oohhh I can't wait. Was getting tired of my old sub "farting" at even the not-so-low, low ends ---
post #276 of 2862 Old 04-30-2009, 12:51 PM

I just ordered one from beach audio yesterday suppose to arrive on Monday. Previously auditioned a polk psw110 that went back to the store. I hope this one will be an improvement over the polk.
post #277 of 2862 Old 04-30-2009, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmonlycg View Post

Hello,

Ive been looking around for a new sub. I live in apartment so im not trying to get something that will get me kicked out. Just something with nice tight bass that i can crank up while people would be at work and a have kick while watching movies at night. I was looking at svs, hsu, etc but being in an apt i think i would really restrict those especially since ill be here for another two years. I currently have a sub from my old speaker package hkts 15. I believe its a 10" 100 watt. I would expect the bic to destroy it right? All you guys seem to be really happy with it. Have you compared it to any other subs? For around 200 its a hell of a deal! Itd be 200 more for the cheapest SVS and spec wise doesnt really seem worth it.

*edit*
Sorry this would also be used mainly for movies and gaming. My current receiver is an hk 247. It seems like a few of you either dont like this receiver or have had problems with it? Is it with this sub? Ive had it for about a year and its treated me great! Plus I got a sick deal on it.

It should sound very good with your Harmon. It's definitely a nice sub for movies at it's price point. I hope it does not get you kicked out, as it WILL shake your building if you use it to it's fullest potential. Just use good common sense when listening to it when neighbors are around, and you should be ok.

I am still enjoying mine. In fact, I am debating whether to get another to even out the bass response in my room. It sounds slightly boomy with certain types of music..nothing too bothersome though. It's a great buy for it's price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaee View Post

I just ordered one from beach audio yesterday suppose to arrive on Monday. Previously auditioned a polk psw110 that went back to the store. I hope this one will be an improvement over the polk.

It should be a big improvement over the Polk. Make sure to post back with your thoughts on how it compares to the Polk.

Go Phillies! Go Eagles! Go Sixers! Go Flyers!
post #278 of 2862 Old 04-30-2009, 10:14 PM

I see most people here are using this sub as primarily a sub for watching movies but how does it do with music? I am thinking about purchasing one of these but am trying to find out if these subs are musical. I listen to mostly trance music, and some rock and a little rap. But trance is the real reason why I want to get the F12.
post #279 of 2862 Old 05-01-2009, 07:45 AM

This sub is a better movie sub than musical in my opinion. It can become a bit boomy when I listen to rock, that's if I crank it up. I just dial it down a bit for that. For under 200 bucks I don't believe you'll find better though. Good luck in your search, let us know what you get and how it sounds. Have a good day
post #280 of 2862 Old 05-01-2009, 11:26 AM

sub is on the way via UPS from beach -- scheduled to arrive monday. If anyone ordered from beach audio.... is it double boxed or anything? i don't want my wife trying to move it into the house (8 months prego) --- just wonderd how well it was boxed if it has to sit outside for a hew hours.
post #281 of 2862 Old 05-01-2009, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm2112 View Post

sub is on the way via UPS from beach -- scheduled to arrive monday. If anyone ordered from beach audio.... is it double boxed or anything? i don't want my wife trying to move it into the house (8 months prego) --- just wonderd how well it was boxed if it has to sit outside for a hew hours.

Never ordered from beach but sitting outside for a few hours won't hurt anything, unless it's raining and providing you don't live in a neighborhood where it might not be there when you get home.
post #282 of 2862 Old 05-01-2009, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm2112 View Post

I ordered mine from Beach Audio. It was delivered in it's factory packing box. The factory packaging has handles on 2 sides for moving it around. There is a picture somewhere in this thread on what the box looks like. First few pages..I think.

Mine was delivered by Fed-Ex..I guess Beach Audio uses both carriers these days? I would think if your wife was home the UPS guy would put it inside your home, especially for a pregnant woman...

post #283 of 2862 Old 05-01-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingham View Post

Mine was delivered by Fed-Ex..I guess Beach Audio uses both carriers these days? I would think if your wife was home the UPS guy would put it inside your home, especially for a pregnant woman...

I was thinking the same thing -- as long as she can get to the door before he ding dong drives --- handles will work though, she can just pull it into the foyer if needed --- thanks for the info.
post #284 of 2862 Old 05-02-2009, 02:32 PM

Liked: 11
I just picked up my BIC F12 from FedEx this morning. I am excited to get it but won't be able to get it installed for at least another month. How has been everyone experience with the sub so far? I went with the F12 to save some money. Initially thought of getting a HSU or SVS but coughing up $400-$500 for a sub is quite steep. I can't wait to hear it and hopefully be not disappointed with the purchase.
post #285 of 2862 Old 05-02-2009, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest26 View Post

I just picked up my BIC F12 from FedEx this morning. I am excited to get it but won't be able to get it installed for at least another month.

Congrats on the purchase. I wouldn't wait a month to hook it up and check it out though. You really should make sure everything is in good working order with it ASAP, just in case there is a problem and you need to contact the seller. The odds are way against the F12 having an issue, but you never know.

post #286 of 2862 Old 05-02-2009, 11:50 PM

Does the F12 have a LFE input?
post #287 of 2862 Old 05-03-2009, 05:21 AM

yes -- go to page 2 of the thread and you will find pics of the sub -- there is a nice close up shot of the back plate.
post #288 of 2862 Old 05-03-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmonlycg View Post

Hello,

*edit*

It could get you kicked out FOR SURE. If you use common sense, find out when the neighbours are home and don't crank it you should be OK. Causes pictures on the walls to move from level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangosalsa View Post

I see most people here are using this sub as primarily a sub for watching movies but how does it do with music? I am thinking about purchasing one of these but am trying to find out if these subs are musical. I listen to mostly trance music, and some rock and a little rap. But trance is the real reason why I want to get the F12.

I'm using it for both, probably more music than movies. I don't find it 'boomy' as everyone calls it. I turn my AVR sub setting down according to what I'm playing. Watched James Bonds new movie last night and had it turned to -4 and it was UNREAL! The opening chase scene, WOW. For some music, older, I have it up to +2 and for other music, newer better recorded, I have it from 0 to -2 or -4. It's an easy adjustment, ps; I have the sub volume set a 3 1/2 so I'm really not stressing anything. Awsum for both movies and music in my opinion, guess it depends on set up, your other speakers, source...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippo775 View Post

This sub is a better movie sub than musical in my opinion. It can become a bit boomy when I listen to rock, that's if I crank it up. I just dial it down a bit for that. For under 200 bucks I don't believe you'll find better though. Good luck in your search, let us know what you get and how it sounds. Have a good day

I agree with you that it would be hard to find better at this $$. I drop by my friends store now and then, Audio One in the GTA. He has all kinds of subs, Paradigm is his biggest seller. Listened to a DSP3100 Thursday, 600 peak 200 RMS, 10", $450. It wasn't much different than mine, took my CD and Bluray in so I had a reference and the room is similar in size although set up for sound. Then he put on a 'Sub15' from the reference series, 3400W peak 1700RMS, 15", HOLY CRAP what a sub. Anyone looking to spend big $ this thing can cause drywall to come down, literally! For all who have just bought it and waiting, you will enjoy, it may surprise you.
post #289 of 2862 Old 05-03-2009, 04:39 PM

Ok.. just went thru the whole thread and ready to pull the trigger on the F12.

I have the typical Bose HTIB (passive sub) and used to have a Klipsch KSW-10 connected to the sub-preout from my Pioneer Receiver with a Y-RCA cable. Loved the sub, but it died 1 month out of warranty!!

While looking for a replacement, came across the Energy ESW-8HG ( www.energy-speakers.com/images/download/692.aspx ) for $180, was about to pull the trigger on this; but came across this thread.

I know I will need to work on replacing the Bose speakers, but for now, will I be happy with the F12 (given the sub history and what I used to have before)?

This is for the living room 16'x25' carpeted, 20' high ceilings - for Movies AND Music.

Any thoughts??

PS: Sub is on pre-order @ Amazon... planning to order tonight or tomorrow.

Regards
Nick
post #290 of 2862 Old 05-03-2009, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 68
I'm have a 18 X 28 X 14 room and have BIG speakers and dual sub setups. I couldn't imagine anything small for that size room.

Bill
post #291 of 2862 Old 05-03-2009, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by defriend View Post

Ok.. just went thru the whole thread and ready to pull the trigger on the F12.

I have the typical Bose HTIB (passive sub) and used to have a Klipsch KSW-10 connected to the sub-preout from my Pioneer Receiver with a Y-RCA cable. Loved the sub, but it died 1 month out of warranty!!

While looking for a replacement, came across the Energy ESW-8HG ( www.energy-speakers.com/images/download/692.aspx ) for $180, was about to pull the trigger on this; but came across this thread.

I know I will need to work on replacing the Bose speakers, but for now, will I be happy with the F12 (given the sub history and what I used to have before)?

This is for the living room 16'x25' carpeted, 20' high ceilings - for Movies AND Music.

Any thoughts??

PS: Sub is on pre-order @ Amazon... planning to order tonight or tomorrow.

Regards
Nick

If the Klipsch did it for you in that room size, the F12 will do it also, and most definitely better. Did you call Klipsch? I am surprised that they would not fix it one month out of warranty. How long did you own it for?

post #292 of 2862 Old 05-03-2009, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 64
hey guys, the f12 is cheaper at provantage than beachaudio

i got mine for 187 shipped. it will arrive tuesday. i'll try to post a mini-review.

Energy Speakers' specs spreadsheet.

Corrections or additions? Please PM me and I will edit the document.
post #293 of 2862 Old 05-04-2009, 08:29 AM

I owned the KSW-10 for a little over 14 months. In any case, the warehouse retailer where I had bought it offered to take it back for a full refund. So I just returned it. Loved the sub though.. just wish I could get it repaired rather than returning it.

But the F12 is looking like a better replacement now. I read in the previous posts, some people complained about "boominess". Is this a problem?

Regards
Nick
post #294 of 2862 Old 05-04-2009, 08:30 AM

Will warranty be the same as "authorized" dealers?

Regards
Nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshFrosh View Post

hey guys, the f12 is cheaper at provantage than beachaudio

i got mine for 187 shipped. it will arrive tuesday. i'll try to post a mini-review.

post #295 of 2862 Old 05-04-2009, 11:32 AM

ok.. could not wait any longer and ordered it from Amazon.com $188.69 shipped. But it's back ordered... so I will have to wait.

Do the other websites like Provantage compare in terms of warranty etc? I can always cancel the Amazon order and order from Provantage.com..

Nick
post #296 of 2862 Old 05-04-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:

ok.. could not wait any longer and ordered it from Amazon.com $188.69 shipped. But it's back ordered... so I will have to wait.

Do the other websites like Provantage compare in terms of warranty etc? I can always cancel the Amazon order and order from Provantage.com..

Nick

not sure if provantage is "authorized" dealer or not --- best bet is to call BIC directly and ask for a dealer listing -- unfortunately it is not listed on their web site -- their number is though. BIC has a great warranty and I'd just say make sure they will honor it. Beach Audio is authorized..........
post #297 of 2862 Old 05-04-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:

I owned the KSW-10 for a little over 14 months. In any case, the warehouse retailer where I had bought it offered to take it back for a full refund. So I just returned it. Loved the sub though.. just wish I could get it repaired rather than returning it.

But the F12 is looking like a better replacement now. I read in the previous posts, some people complained about "boominess". Is this a problem?

Regards
Nick

I don't have a problem with 'boominess.' I don't have a reference for boomy but I understand it aint the sub, it's your set up, where you put it in the room, what line in you use, settings and so on... I use the LFE in, that way the AVR handles the crossover, then it's a matter of properly setting up the AVR which is not rocket science. I guess I got lucky, plugged it in, moved it 3 different times to it's current local, each move was less than 3 feet, set up the AVR before I got the sub and it's perfect. Of course I'm no audiophile but my friend is and he said it's a great sub regardless of $ and it integrates very well with my other equipment and creates a hell of a tight bottom end kick.
post #298 of 2862 Old 05-04-2009, 02:22 PM

UPS just dropped my f12 off, tested it in one location without really setting anything up perfectly. Ran Transporter 3 the car crash and ambulance exploding, immediately noticed the difference from the polk psw110. Where the polk couldn't produce the bass of the explosion, the f12 shook the entire house at sound level 3.

I can tell a tangible difference in the quality of the bass at other levels. Now waiting on my subdude to come in..
post #299 of 2862 Old 05-04-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaee View Post

UPS just dropped my f12 off, tested it in one location without really setting anything up perfectly. Ran Transporter 3 the car crash and ambulance exploding, immediately noticed the difference from the polk psw110. Where the polk couldn't produce the bass of the explosion, the f12 shook the entire house at sound level 3.

I can tell a tangible difference in the quality of the bass at other levels. Now waiting on my subdude to come in..

Subdude?
post #300 of 2862 Old 05-04-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Master BIC View Post

Subdude?

Auralex SubDude Subwoofer Isolation Risers
http://www.amazon.com/Auralex-SubDud...347768-3272247
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers