BIC America F12 sub anyone ? - Page 101 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 46Likes

post #3001 of 3005 Old 06-23-2016, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post
Turn it down, move it around.

Six inches can make a hell of a difference in room modes. When it sounds better, turn it up, but don't let it distort. I was happy in my previous room with gain at 3. In my new rom, I run it at 6.
+1

I had mine in two very different rooms--soon to be hooked up in a third--and IIRC I could never get Audyssey within limits with the gain set more than a hair above 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3002 of 3005 Old 06-23-2016, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt-man View Post
No reply here, just looking for proper tuning help. I've had the F12 for about a year, sounds boomy to me.

-Non carpeted floor, facing the listener.
-Older Yamaha RX-V496
-Small Infiniti satellites (US1s)
-Infiniti CC-2 center channel speaker

Mostly for movies/cable. Enough power to shake the windows, for sure, but drowns out the talking sometimes. When kids put on Cartoon Network or Disney XD, the bass drowns out everything. WTF??

Please provide a recommendation for setup on the sub (phase, crossover, gain, digital vs pro-logic) as well as on the receiver (crossover setting, etc.)

Thanks very much!

Do these help?

https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofe...-part-1-page-2

BIC V1220 and BIC F12 Omnimic Frequency Response Graphs

Figure 21 Single Subwoofer Placement (front wall center)

A/VR: Sony STR-DE598 (6.1 channels)
L/R + C: 2 x Polk Audio TSx220B + 1 x Boston Acoustics CS 26 II
Subs: BIC RtR RtR-12S + Polk Audio PSW110
Surrounds: 2 x Klipsch Reference R-15M + 1 x Boston Acoustics CS 26 II
Monitor: LG 24EA53V-P (Panel: LG Display AH-IPS)
Display: Samsung UN-46EH6000F CS01 (Panel: InnoLux S-MVA)

Last edited by Dom Di Stroia; 06-23-2016 at 02:52 PM.
post #3003 of 3005 Old 10-06-2016, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Hey just wondering right now I have one single F12 and was thinking about getting another F12 (dual sub) OR should I just sell the F12 I have now and put it toward a better sub such as a HSU Or SVS. btw I could get another F12 for about 130 bucks on ebay (local) brand new. So dont know if its worth getting rid of my F12 or just dropping 130 for another F12. Thanks
post #3004 of 3005 Old 10-06-2016, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz87 View Post
Hey just wondering right now I have one single F12 and was thinking about getting another F12 (dual sub) OR should I just sell the F12 I have now and put it toward a better sub such as a HSU Or SVS. btw I could get another F12 for about 130 bucks on ebay (local) brand new. So dont know if its worth getting rid of my F12 or just dropping 130 for another F12. Thanks

Two is better than one, because they can smooth out room modes (peaks and nulls at the listening position). Gain on each would be lowered to maintain the same overall volume, but the bass would be smoother. If you're ready to upgrade to HSU, you might go the next step and check out the DIY threads, particularly the "Martysub" thread. You should be able to build two HSU-killing "Marty" subs for the price of one HSU.

I have the F12, but my son has two HSU 15s. There is no comparison, other thatn "wow!" so now I am in the process of building my own subs.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
_____________________ http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auger-handle/ ____________________________

Last edited by Augerhandle; 10-06-2016 at 01:00 PM.
post #3005 of 3005 Old 10-06-2016, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post
Two is better than one, because they can smooth out room modes (peaks and nulls at the listening position). Gain on each would be lowered to maintain the same overall volume, but the bass would be smoother. If you're ready to upgrade to HSU, you might go the next step and check out the DIY threads, particularly the "Martysub" thread. You should be able to build two HSU-killing "Marty" subs for the price of one HSU.

I have the F12, but my son has two HSU 15s. There is no comparison, other thatn "wow!" so now I am in the process of building my own subs.
Yeah was really thinking just getting another F12 just to balance out the room. Maybe in the future, will upgrade my sub to a much better sub. At the price I could get another F12 why not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers