BIC F12

Price (MSRP): $449/Each

Design: Front-firing 12" 475-watt peak powered subwoofer

Frequency Response: 25Hz - 200Hz

Sensitivity: 90dB

Drivers: 12" Injection molded woofer with heavy duty surround

Magnetic Shielding: YES

Gold-Plated Terminals:YES

Recommended Power: Built-in Amplifier Power: 475 watts Dynamic Peak, 150 watts RMS continuous

Impedance: 8 ohms

Dimensions: 17"H x 14 3/4"W x 17 1/4"D

Weight: 42 Pounds Each

Warranty: 5 Years Parts & Labor

Compared to Acoustech H-100

Price (MSRP): $499 / Each

Design: Heavy Duty Front-Firing 12" Powered Subwoofer, BASH designed amp.

Frequency Response: 24Hz - 200Hz (+/- 3dB) variable (adjustable crossover)

Sensitivity: 90 dB

Drivers: Heavy Duty 12" Long-Throw Poly-graphite woofer with high power magnet.

Magnetic Shielding: NO

Gold-Plated Terminals:YES

Recommended Power: Built-in Amplifier Power - 150 Watt RMS, 500-Watt Dynamic Peak

Impedance: 8 ohms

Dimensions: 17" H x 15" W x 18 1/4" D

Weight: 42 lbs Each

Warranty: 2 Year Parts and Labor.

It seems that they are almost identical but H100 is slightly better in the specs

See less See more
#53 ·
I have been looking at the Bic VK 12 and the Bic F12, why is the VK 12 double the price? Had anyone compared the two? is the VK12 worth the extra $$? I am looking for a Sub under $400 but if I can get the F12 for almost $200 cheaper and I am not going to sacrifice much I will go that route. Thanks for the input!

#54 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb22 /forum/post/15922985

I just got my Bic F12 today from beach audio. I ordered on Wednesday and it arrived today very fast and great service. But anyway I just hooked the sub up with basic defult settings and then ran the MACC on my Pioneer receiver and but in transformers on bluray and watched alittle but. I am really amazed with this being my first real subwoofer. It gives the movie a whole new viewing experience that I never had before. Once I have more time and can play with the settings I will give a better review but as of right now I love this thing.

I was stuck between the F12 and the PA-120 and i went went the F12 from beach audio for $40 cheaper and I am very glad i did.

Congrats..please post back with more thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledder69 /forum/post/15923613

I have been looking at the Bic VK 12 and the Bic F12, why is the VK 12 double the price? Had anyone compared the two? is the VK12 worth the extra $$? I am looking for a Sub under $400 but if I can get the F12 for almost $200 cheaper and I am not going to sacrifice much I will go that route. Thanks for the input!

I was looking at the VK 12 also. I don't think it's twice the price. I believe it can be had on E-bay for $329. It has a Bash amp that is 250 watts RMS vs. the Bash designed 150 watt RMS amp in the F12. I also believe the vk-12 has a Kevlar woofer. I don't know if the Kevlar woofer makes a difference or not. Maybe someone else can chime in in that one.

I guess it all comes down to your budget and room size/setup. The F12 is fine for my setup. I would think the vk-12 is going to be better just for the fact it has the bigger amp.

#55 ·
Beachaudio is out of stock but I just ordered an F12 from thenerds. $174 shipped after MS cashback and coupon (googled for it). I don't think they're an authorized dealer... will that matter for warranty?

This will replace my Energy ESW-8 which I sold on craigslist for same price I bought it for. Hoping to hear some improvement.

#56 ·
Thenerds.net has 16 in stock now at $173 + $10 shipping. You can save more with a coupon and with live cashback. The sub might not show up using the site's search feature, but you can find it through the sidebar menu.

I ordered Friday morning and am still waiting for shipping confirmation. I don't know if it's an authorized dealer.

#57 ·
Hey all,

Found this thread just as I had a sub (KEF PSW2150) die on me just out of warranty, and right before I was about to pop Killzone 2 into my PS3 for the first time (great!). The F-12 will probably cost about the same as taking the old one in for repair, plus from what I read it will actually perform much better. One question: is Beach Audio an authorized dealer, and will BIC honor the warranty if you don't buy from an authorized dealer? Also, for any of you guys (girls) that have it, does the warranty specify 5 years for the electronics as well?

This sub seems like an unbelievable deal in this price range.

#58 ·
Seems like a nice sub. Have any of you taken the woofer out to have a look at it?

#59 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee20 /forum/post/15953403

Hey all,

Found this thread just as I had a sub (KEF PSW2150) die on me just out of warranty, and right before I was about to pop Killzone 2 into my PS3 for the first time (great!). The F-12 will probably cost about the same as taking the old one in for repair, plus from what I read it will actually perform much better. One question: is Beach Audio an authorized dealer, and will BIC honor the warranty if you don't buy from an authorized dealer? Also, for any of you guys (girls) that have it, does the warranty specify 5 years for the electronics as well?

This sub seems like an unbelievable deal in this price range.

Beach Audio is a authorized dealer. I don't know about them honoring a warranty from an unauthorized dealer. How do you know the place you might purchase it from is not a authorized dealer? Give them a call and ask....888-242-4551.

The warranty states all parts on the unit are covered for 5 years, for the original purchaser. I have heard BIC's warranty service is excellent. They have even repaired parts out of warranty free of charge. That's why I bought a BIC.

#60 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingham /forum/post/15953620

Beach Audio is a authorized dealer. I don't know about them honoring a warranty from an unauthorized dealer. How do you know the place you might purchase it from is not a authorized dealer? Give them a call and ask....888-242-4551.

The warranty states all parts on the unit are covered for 5 years, for the original purchaser. I have heard BIC's warranty service is excellent. They have even repaired parts out of warranty free of charge. That's why I bought a BIC.

Thanks, just verifying an actual experience. Sometimes you call these online retailers you don't get a straight answer, or when you end up talking to the manufacturer, they don't recognize a place as authorized. It's good to ask someone who has dealt with them, especially for something like a sub, which does have a decent chance of failure before the warranty ends.

#62 ·
No word if full manufactures warranty applies to thenerds.com yet?

How big a difference would the F12 be for playing music compared to a Mirage Omni S8?

#68 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingham /forum/post/15963223

Heavy Duty!.....
Whatever helps you sleep at night...It really is a 10" cone in a 12" frame with a cheap 2" foam surround...It does look nice but that is about it as far as I am concerned...Enjoy...But you should look into replacing the driver with a higher quality driver...It will sound worlds better...

#70 ·
Dare I ask.... anyone have some REW graphs of this? Can someone give us an idea of how loud it plays without distorting or bottoming out? Seems dirt cheap... and you know what they say about getting what you pay for......

Why would an Epik or Rythmik be 5x the cost if they didn't have to be?

#71 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike /forum/post/15963512

Dare I ask.... anyone have some REW graphs of this? Can someone give us an idea of how loud it plays without distorting or bottoming out? Seems dirt cheap... and you know what they say about getting what you pay for......

Why would an Epik or Rythmik be 5x the cost if they didn't have to be?

Because they are better subs, no ones saying they aren't. If you want a sub at their price point they are great choices to consider. If you want a sub at this price point it's a great sub to consider and imo the best choice at $200ish based on my experience with the H100. There's just not that many quality choices at this price point.

I had REW plots with the H-100 but that's been a while ago and they have since been deleted. It had good ouput down to around 25 in my room but fell off rapidly after that, not great but for $200ish awesome. And as far as output it would shake things up more than anything else in it's price range except maybe the Cadence 12" which was very comparable.

Again it's an excellent sub at this price, imo the best. But to put it in the same sentence with SVS, HSU, Epik, Rythmik, Ed and a few others that are 5x the cost as you put it is laughable and should be at their respective price points.

#72 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer010 /forum/post/15963412

Enjoy...But you should look into replacing the driver with a higher quality driver...It will sound worlds better...

Thanks...I might do that at some point when I feel the sub is not adequate enough for my setup anymore. Although, I would most likely just purchase something higher up the ladder. In my current setup, I am pretty happy with the F12's performance so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeman02 /forum/post/15963778

Because they are better subs, no ones saying they aren't. If you want a sub at their price point they are great choices to consider. If you want a sub at this price point it's a great sub to consider and imo the best choice at $200ish based on my experience with the H100. There's just not that many quality choices at this price point.

I had REW plots with the H-100 but that's been a while ago and they have since been deleted. It had good ouput down to around 25 in my room but fell off rapidly after that, not great but for $200ish awesome. And as far as output it would shake things up more than anything else in it's price range except maybe the Cadence 12" which was very comparable.

Again it's an excellent sub at this price, imo the best. But to put it in the same sentence with SVS, HSU, Epik, Rythmik, Ed and a few others that are 5x the cost as you put it is laughable and should be at their respective price points.

+1...well said!

#76 ·
Hey all,

From the pics posted in the thread, it looks like the F-12 has an auto turnon and auto-shutoff function. Anyone know if this will cause the amplifier to degrade faster over time? As some of you know, a few of the KEF subwoofers seem to have this problem. I have emailed BIC to find out the scoop on what they recommend in regards to this mode, but I'd like to hear from some owners. This sub might be too new for issues to have come up for most people, but if you've got any input or know something we don't know, let us know here.

#77 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee20 /forum/post/15977454

Hey all,

From the pics posted in the thread, it looks like the F-12 has an auto turnon and auto-shutoff function. Anyone know if this will cause the amplifier to degrade faster over time? As some of you know, a few of the KEF subwoofers seem to have this problem. I have emailed BIC to find out the scoop on what they recommend in regards to this mode, but I'd like to hear from some owners. This sub might be too new for issues to have come up for most people, but if you've got any input or know something we don't know, let us know here.

I've heard of no issues with the auto standby or on function with the Bic. Most powered subs have them now and except for a few isolated issues they seem to work great and have no effect on the long or short term dependability of the sub.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.