AVS Forum banner

Sub choice help please

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Gorstag 
#1 ·
I am trying to decide between a SVS PC12-Plus and possibly another small footprint sub for my room with good output and extension. Any other recommendations that I should consider over the PC12-Plus in that price range and small footprint size?? I considered the PB12-NSD and HSU VTF3-MK3 but too big for my room layout. My room is 13x23x8 and am looking for something in the 70% HT range. Thanks for the help.

#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestsideHT /forum/post/16167584

I am trying to decide between a SVS PC12-Plus and possibly another small footprint sub for my room with good output and extension. Any other recommendations that I should consider over the PC12-Plus in that price range and small footprint size?? I considered the PB12-NSD and HSU VTF3-MK3 but too big for my room layout. My room is 13x23x8 and am looking for something in the 70% HT range. Thanks for the help.

How much are you willing to spend?

#4 ·
I would like to keep it under $1000, $800 would be nice but have some room. With a smaller footprint. Sealed or ported doesn't matter as long as I get some decent output and extension and hopefully won't be wanting more. I also was looking at the Rythmik D15, looks nice, but unser how it would compare to a PC12-Plus or other comparable subs.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestsideHT /forum/post/16167584

With its recent update, the PC 12 Plus is a good choice for someone who is 70% HT. It also has the capability to plug all 3 ports and run it sealed. For $1,000 what more can you ask for?

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/16171636

With its recent update, the PC 12 Plus is a good choice for someone who is 70% HT. It also has the capability to plug all 3 ports and run it sealed. For $1,000 what more can you ask for?

Thanks, I was just pretty unsure as I hope the PC12 looks decent sitting in my room, not like some monolith. That and performance comparison is why I was looking at say the Rythmik D15SE and other smaller subs, The SVS is just alot taller, no biggie. Just want to get the best bang for my dollar with good and low output and some decent quality. So do you think for the money the SVS cylinder is the way to go. I am also looking for good impact in movies and to sometimes feel things shake a bit. I just don't want to be wondering if I made the right decision in a month.

#8 ·
I have the PC12-NSD and I can say they are not an eyesore. They look completely different than the traditional Boxes that people think of when they think sub. Which in a way gives you a nice unique looking piece of equipment that people are not used to (That a plus IMHO)

As for how big it is... While it does not take up much space on the floor it is probably significantly larger than your mental picture is imagining. The perk is the ports are on the top so you don't have to worry about clearance at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.