BIC Acoustech H200 Subwoofer (AKA PL-200) - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 1400 Old 03-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Member
 
michaelinlubbock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
PS: Mine was supposed to arrive today, but UPS tracking rescheduled delivery for this Friday! "PATIENCE PATIENCE"!
michaelinlubbock is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 1400 Old 03-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Senior Member
 
xceebeex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by raistline View Post

The price stays the same, it takes bing 4-6 weeks to pay you back. Upfront pricing is still the same.

Yea, but what makes that any different than a rebate? In the end you still spend less money.
xceebeex is offline  
post #93 of 1400 Old 03-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
Urlacher5454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelinlubbock View Post

PS: Mine was supposed to arrive today, but UPS tracking rescheduled delivery for this Friday! "PATIENCE PATIENCE"!

Mine was supposed to be delivered Friday but now UPS has rescheduled it for next Tuesday!!! WTF, no weekend with a new sub.
Urlacher5454 is offline  
post #94 of 1400 Old 03-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Samsung-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelinlubbock View Post

When I put my bid in last Tuesday ,"for 275.00", on EBAY, I received an email from Mike Embers saying that he accepts the bid, but they were temporarily out, so he declined the bid on EBAY until Friday, then he had me rebid and accepted it on EBAY. At the time that he told me that they were out, it showed that they had plenty on EBAY. He got 40 in on Friday and probably sold them. I would call him if I were you instead of upping your bid, they might have ran out. He answered when I called, his #888-224-3663.

I emailed them a few days ago and asked if he thought he would have some left by the end of this week and they said yes.

Just emailed again and they said yes, still in stock. I'm quite pleased with the customer service so far. Eric carries an iPhone and I've gotten replies within minutes with the two times I have asked questions.

UPS must be slipping lately. This is like the 3rd reschedule with PL-200's from SD I have heard in just the last few days. I guess you can't be too picky with free shipping on a 50lb object. I wonder what it costs them to ship the subs.
Samsung-Guy is offline  
post #95 of 1400 Old 03-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Member
 
BearcatNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Chester, Ohio
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung-Guy View Post

I emailed them a few days ago and asked if he thought he would have some left by the end of this week and they said yes.

Just emailed again and they said yes, still in stock. I'm quite pleased with the customer service so far. Eric carries an iPhone and I've gotten replies within minutes with the two times I have asked questions.

UPS must be slipping lately. This is like the 3rd reschedule with PL-200's from SD I have heard in just the last few days. I guess you can't be too picky with free shipping on a 50lb object. I wonder what it costs them to ship the subs.

i know what you mean, we had that convo about my problem with UPS over PM. My scheduled delivery date was originally 3/19.

Turns out it wasnt a UPS problem. The warehouse apparently was out but didnt tell the Sound Distributors dude (Eric?). Thats why my tracking information wasnt showing up, they had the billing info but no unit to ship. As soon as SD found out, they had BIC ship one to me express directly through UPS. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I cant wait to try it out when I move down to my place on Sunday.

My Setup:
Samsung LN46C630
Denon 790 AVR
Energy CF-30 Tower L/R Speakers
Energy CC-10 Center Channel Speaker
BIC PL-200 Subwoofer
Panasonic BD-60 Blu Ray Player
BearcatNation is offline  
post #96 of 1400 Old 03-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Samsung-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatNation View Post

i know what you mean, we had that convo about my problem with UPS over PM. My scheduled delivery date was originally 3/19.

Turns out it wasnt a UPS problem. The warehouse apparently was out but didnt tell the Sound Distributors dude (Eric?). Thats why my tracking information wasnt showing up, they had the billing info but no unit to ship. As soon as SD found out, they had BIC ship one to me express directly through UPS. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I cant wait to try it out when I move down to my place on Sunday.

I hope I'm not being lied to about them having units. What day did you order it? I know in the last week or two they got a shipment of 40 or something like that.
Samsung-Guy is offline  
post #97 of 1400 Old 03-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
Urlacher5454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I dont think the UPS rescheduling of shipments has anything to do with the subs being out of stock. My delivery was delayed as well and my sub is coming from Las Vegas, so they definatelly had subs to ship out. I wonder what the real issue was with the rescheduling? Maybe someone wasn't at the warehouse on Monday for UPS. Maybe UPS had to come back at a later time??? Obviously this is all speculation.
Urlacher5454 is offline  
post #98 of 1400 Old 03-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Samsung-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urlacher5454 View Post

I dont think the UPS rescheduling of shipments has anything to do with the subs being out of stock. My delivery was delayed as well and my sub is coming from Las Vegas, so they definatelly had subs to ship out. I wonder what the real issue was with the rescheduling? Maybe someone wasn't at the warehouse on Monday for UPS. Maybe UPS had to come back at a later time??? Obviously this is all speculation.

I hope it was just a miscommunication between SD and UPS.
Samsung-Guy is offline  
post #99 of 1400 Old 03-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Member
 
dacdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
wife gone today and pushed pl-200 really hard during ludacris get low. made candles fall off wall shelves as she pulled in. she was pretty mad, am I slightly evil for smiling inside?
dacdd is offline  
post #100 of 1400 Old 03-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Samsung-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacdd View Post

wife gone today and pushed pl-200 really hard during ludacris get low. made candles fall off wall shelves as she pulled in. she was pretty mad, am I slightly evil for smiling inside?

Not evil, just a man enjoying his toys.
Samsung-Guy is offline  
post #101 of 1400 Old 03-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Member
 
pinoydinako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For you guys waiting for Friday delivery, don't hold your breath!! I too ordered one last week on Tuesday, scheduled delivery was Wednesday then got moved to Friday. Checked today and now is Monday on the 29th!!.......
pinoydinako is offline  
post #102 of 1400 Old 03-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Samsung-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hmm. I wonder what is really behind these shipping delays. I ordered mine this morning, and it already says it shipped and I have a tracking number, but no tracking data yet.
Samsung-Guy is offline  
post #103 of 1400 Old 03-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Member
 
snyper99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Houston,Tx.
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung-Guy View Post

Hmm. I wonder what is really behind these shipping delays. I ordered mine this morning, and it already says it shipped and I have a tracking number, but no tracking data yet.

same here
snyper99 is offline  
post #104 of 1400 Old 03-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Member
 
michaelinlubbock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mine still says scheduled for tomorrow delivery, but we'll see. Says it went from Vegas to Kingman Az to Phnx Az and says it left Phnx this morning . Hopefully it'll get here tomorrow. Sorry about your wife's candles, but I have to admit, it put a smile on my face as well!
michaelinlubbock is offline  
post #105 of 1400 Old 03-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Member
 
mechx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Well, I finally got my PL-200 today. I have been testing and calibrating for the last couple hours.

As promised, I said I would report back with a comparison of the PL-200 versus my axiom EP350 sub. PL-200 = $329.00 and my EP350 = $758.00

The results surprised me, but not so much really. I will just go ahead say this. The PL-200 kicked my EP350's arse!

Now, keep in mind, I have much more testing to do. I first adjusted both subs to 75db using my digital sound level meter. C weighted & set to slow. The first thing that caught my attention was while running my test tones starting at 80HZ down to 15hz for each sub independently, was my EP350 would not even register any decibels at 22hz. The PL-200 easily hit 76db @22hz. I knew then the Axiom sub was in trouble.

Then I went on and ran MCACC at full auto, tweaked my levels, then ran MCACC advanced mode keeping the speaker settings.

I first played a lot of favorite songs, from the deep bass of "Peg" from Steely Dan to Dream Theater to Queensryche to Metallica's Black CD. The PL-200 filled out my room (4500cuft) nicely, no boominess, no muddiness, just clean well rounded tight bass. Kick drums hit hard and in my face. I pretty much compared a lot of songs with and without the Axiom sub.

I have each sub in the far corners of the room right outside my axiom M80 towers. I must say I'm lovin the PL-200 so far.

Unfortunately, I only have 1 Blue ray disc at this time and it was Twilight New Moon. Not the best movie for lows. But, I'll have to wait for some more movies from Netflix to test the PL-200 further.

But what I did hear (both subs running) was nothing short of amazing. I can't imagine how Dark Knight or Transformers will sound. Because some of the wolf fighting scenes in Twilight rocked the house, everything was shaking. I could "feel" and hear the walls rattle.

So to summarize the PL-200 with just a couple hours of use, I would say this:

If I had to do this over again, I would have just bought 2 PL-200's instead of the Axiom and saved some money. The PL-200 is an incredible value and when cranked up some, will produce test tones down to 20hz and 18hz nicely. The Axiom EP350 just can't do that, and it's more than twice the price. I'll try to report back here when I get some more bass intense movies, plus I need to tweak some more.

As a side note, I'm really thinking about replacing the PL-200 stock amp with the 500 watt Bash amp, just for fun. But believe me, the stock amp rocks! This is more than enough low end thunder that I will ever need. I just can't see investing $1200.00 plus for a high end sub. One of the reasons I went for the PL-200 to begin with was I wanted 2 subs and I can spend the money I saved, on the Velodyne SMS-1 Sub Eq. I should be ordering the SMS-1 in a couple weeks. This will round out my system for awhile.

Below is my gear if anyone is interested: Take care!

52 Samsung HDTV, Axiom M80 fronts, VP100 center, EP350 subwoofer, Samson Surrounds, Pioneer VSX9040 HDMI AVR, Odyssey Khartago Monoblock Extremes,
Xbox 360, Sony PS3
mechx is offline  
post #106 of 1400 Old 03-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
Urlacher5454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechx View Post

Well, I finally got my PL-200 today. I have been testing and calibrating for the last couple hours.

As promised, I said I would report back with a comparison of the PL-200 versus my axiom EP350 sub. PL-200 = $329.00 and my EP350 = $758.00

The results surprised me, but not so much really. I will just go ahead say this. The PL-200 kicked my EP350's arse!

Now, keep in mind, I have much more testing to do. I first adjusted both subs to 75db using my digital sound level meter. C weighted & set to slow. The first thing that caught my attention was while running my test tones starting at 80HZ down to 15hz for each sub independently, was my EP350 would not even register any decibels at 22hz. The PL-200 easily hit 76db @22hz. I knew then the Axiom sub was in trouble.

Then I went on and ran MCACC at full auto, tweaked my levels, then ran MCACC advanced mode keeping the speaker settings.

I first played a lot of favorite songs, from the deep bass of "Peg" from Steely Dan to Dream Theater to Queensryche to Metallica's Black CD. The PL-200 filled out my room (4500cuft) nicely, no boominess, no muddiness, just clean well rounded tight bass. Kick drums hit hard and in my face. I pretty much compared a lot of songs with and without the Axiom sub.

I have each sub in the far corners of the room right outside my axiom M80 towers. I must say I'm lovin the PL-200 so far.

Unfortunately, I only have 1 Blue ray disc at this time and it was Twilight New Moon. Not the best movie for lows. But, I'll have to wait for some more movies from Netflix to test the PL-200 further.

But what I did hear (both subs running) was nothing short of amazing. I can't imagine how Dark Knight or Transformers will sound. Because some of the wolf fighting scenes in Twilight rocked the house, everything was shaking. I could "feel" and hear the walls rattle.

So to summarize the PL-200 with just a couple hours of use, I would say this:

If I had to do this over again, I would have just bought 2 PL-200's instead of the Axiom and saved some money. The PL-200 is an incredible value and when cranked up some, will produce test tones down to 20hz and 18hz nicely. The Axiom EP350 just can't do that, and it's more than twice the price. I'll try to report back here when I get some more bass intense movies, plus I need to tweak some more.

As a side note, I'm really thinking about replacing the PL-200 stock amp with the 500 watt Bash amp, just for fun. But believe me, the stock amp rocks! This is more than enough low end thunder that I will ever need. I just can't see investing $1200.00 plus for a high end sub. One of the reasons I went for the PL-200 to begin with was I wanted 2 subs and I can spend the money I saved, on the Velodyne SMS-1 Sub Eq. I should be ordering the SMS-1 in a couple weeks. This will round out my system for awhile.

Below is my gear if anyone is interested: Take care!

52 Samsung HDTV, Axiom M80 fronts, VP100 center, EP350 subwoofer, Samson Surrounds, Pioneer VSX9040 HDMI AVR, Odyssey Khartago Monoblock Extremes,
Xbox 360, Sony PS3

Thanks for the review man! It looks like I made a good choice going with this sub.
Urlacher5454 is offline  
post #107 of 1400 Old 03-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Member
 
mechx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Oh I forgot to add something I find very interesting...

The sub volumes after calibration, my EP350 is at the 2:00 o'clock position. The PL-200 is at the 10:00 o'clock position. That tells you how much headroom I have left over on the PL-200!
mechx is offline  
post #108 of 1400 Old 03-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Member
 
Bryan J. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Carson, CA. USA
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This sub sounds like it's going to really kill my Klipsch w12. It will be here on Monday. I can't wait.
Bryan J. Lee is offline  
post #109 of 1400 Old 03-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Samsung-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This news is AWESOME!!! The anticipation is killing me!
Samsung-Guy is offline  
post #110 of 1400 Old 03-26-2010, 06:04 AM
Member
 
michaelinlubbock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks mechx! That is great to hear, just checked UPS and mine will be delivered today! I feel like a
six year old on Christmas Day!
michaelinlubbock is offline  
post #111 of 1400 Old 03-26-2010, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
wwinkler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: northern virginia
Posts: 1,314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
mechx.
I just used a 500w PE Bash amp to replace a 9+ year old amp. It sounds excellent but may be overkill. I cannot turn it above 1/4. In my case, I assume that the PE amp is putting out 250w into 8 ohms.

The first issue is that it is not easy to drop a new amp into an existing subwoofer because of size differences. My son who is good at cabinet making and has done a moderate number of difficult car stereo installations wanted to take the sub to a friends's woodworking shop. I suggested making a rectangular frame with 2"x4"s that would be glued to the back. The new amp was 8"x12" whereas the old was 7"x13".

The second issue is that the amp cost $228. PE seems to be raising a few of their prices moderately.
wwinkler is offline  
post #112 of 1400 Old 03-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Keizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechx View Post

The PL-200 is at the 10:00 o'clock position. That tells you how much headroom I have left over on the PL-200!

I have the level on my PL-200 at the same position.....massive head room.
Keizer is offline  
post #113 of 1400 Old 03-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Member
 
brandini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I hate you guys. Mine's scheduled to arrive Wednesday and you're teasing me. FOR SHAME!

XBLGT: brandiniman
brandini is offline  
post #114 of 1400 Old 03-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Member
 
mechx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Your welcome guys!

Please post back on your impressions when you get your sub running and remember, placement is critical...
mechx is offline  
post #115 of 1400 Old 03-27-2010, 03:29 AM
Member
 
Sam1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys i had my mind set one Bic f12 until i was like hell what can I get if i dish out $100+ And the PL 200 seemed in that area.. You guys think it is that much better then Bic f12?
Sam1234 is offline  
post #116 of 1400 Old 03-27-2010, 03:33 AM
Senior Member
 
tdamocles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 486
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm not sure if I would install the 500w bash amp. The sub driver and enclosure/port size were design for the 250w amp. First off, the driver may not take the 500w abuse for long. Second, you may introduce a lot of port noise in louder passages with more wattage because the enclosure/port size would be undersized for the wattage.
tdamocles is offline  
post #117 of 1400 Old 03-27-2010, 04:41 AM
Member
 
mechx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdamocles View Post

I'm not sure if I would install the 500w bash amp. The sub driver and enclosure/port size were design for the 250w amp. First off, the driver may not take the 500w abuse for long. Second, you may introduce a lot of port noise in louder passages with more wattage because the enclosure/port size would be undersized for the wattage.


Yes, you are right. It was a fun thought for sec...

It would be way overkill anyway, the more I listen to the PL-200 the more I realize how efficient the stock amp is anyway...heck, I'm only 1/3 up on the volume.
mechx is offline  
post #118 of 1400 Old 03-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Member
 
dacdd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If you got anything like pictures on the wall, be prepared for an angry wife, this thing will really shake things off the wall
dacdd is offline  
post #119 of 1400 Old 03-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Senior Member
 
tdamocles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 486
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechx View Post

Yes, you are right. It was a fun thought for sec...

It would be way overkill anyway, the more I listen to the PL-200 the more I realize how efficient the stock amp is anyway...heck, I'm only 1/3 up on the volume.

Remember, there is never overkill....You can always turn something down, but you may have trouble turning something up!
tdamocles is offline  
post #120 of 1400 Old 03-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Samsung-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Good thing I have no pictures, and no wife I do have speakers on the wall, maybe it won't rattle the screws loose. I might take the time while it's on the way to make sure they are all secure and not going to fall off the wall and smash my computer or head open.
Samsung-Guy is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off