BIC Acoustech H200 Subwoofer (AKA PL-200) - Page 48 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
post #1411 of 1416 Unread 12-01-2014, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hey everyone this is my first post. After a few days of reading through posts I have decided to purchase my first home theatre sub the PL-200.

I do need some help from some knowledgable members. I will be using this to replace my passive htib sub.

I have heard that I can use the high level inputs with the speaker wire that used to be in the htib sub. Is this what I need to do? Do I just pick a left or right side and go to positive/negative?

I will be upgrading the receiver and other speakers but for now I was hoping to enjoy it. I have a call in to BIC technical as well but the guy was busy today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1416 Unread 12-09-2014, 07:27 AM

Just an update, I got my PL-200 yesterday! BIC technician never returned a single call from yesterday and the main office didn't seem to understand how I was trying to hook up the sub to the HTIB receiver. I did get some really helpful advice from the forums and from Crutchfield. They are always knowledgable. All I needed to do was take the wiring from the passive sub and place it the left side of the positive/negative ports on the high level in of the PL-200.

I only have the sub a little less than 3/4 of the way up. Playing at low volumes to get it broken in. Worlds better than the HTIB sub rated for around 250 watts. It pales in size and sound compared to the PL-200!

This thing hits low and clean! Even watching a Netflix tv series it sounded much better. Actually sounds like a real home theatre.

I got a great deal on Black Friday of 259.00 shipped. If anyone is thinking about ditching their passive sub or even getting a sub for a system they are peicing together this is a great choice. I can't wait to see what it does after I let it break in!

I hope this helps someone in my situation.
Dub from GA likes this.
post #1413 of 1416 Unread 12-09-2014, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 32
If you like one - you'll LOVE two! My AVR supports 2 Sub so I have 2 of these.

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #1414 of 1416 Unread 12-10-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryker View Post
If you like one - you'll LOVE two! My AVR supports 2 Sub so I have 2 of these.

I can imagine 2 would be amazing! The next thing I would like to do is piece a system together, then I can see picking up another one someday.
post #1415 of 1416 Unread 12-12-2014, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone know where the best deal to pick one up is? I bought one on black friday for $259 shipped, but got stolen at a UPS sorting facility (How do you "lose" a big 52 lb box?!?!). So now I am back to square one.
post #1416 of 1416 Unread Today, 01:29 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticdc5 View Post
Anyone know where the best deal to pick one up is? I bought one on black friday for $259 shipped, but got stolen at a UPS sorting facility (How do you "lose" a big 52 lb box?!?!). So now I am back to square one.
I just got one for $279 shipped from their website, AcousticSoundDesign.com, there's a button on there to "make an offer", so if you make an offer of $250, they'll come back with $279 shipped. Got mine a couple of days ago, love it so far.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers