BIC Acoustech H200 Subwoofer (AKA PL-200) - Page 49 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #1441 of 1445 Old 03-22-2016, 10:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLINT-THE-GREAT View Post
well I just pulled the trigger on a PL200. Mike Embers set me up! Can't wait to try it out. Gonna replace an old wore out Cerwin Vega 10"

-The Great
Sure you'll like it. I have 2 I bought through Mike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1445 Old 04-17-2016, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I have a BIC PL-200 that I am pretty happy with, the only thing that I miss from my old MFW-15 is it had more of a hard hitting bass the you could feel. There is someone selling a BIC PL-200 locally for $200, would having two of these increase the bass that you "can feel"? Or would it just smooth the output in the room? It is a small room, about 12 x 15.

Vizio M70-C3
Denon X1200W AVR
Definitive Technology 7.1 - BP-6 mains, clr2002 center, bp1.2x surrounds
SVS PB-2000
Roku 4
post #1443 of 1445 Old 04-17-2016, 09:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin803 View Post
I have a BIC PL-200 that I am pretty happy with, the only thing that I miss from my old MFW-15 is it had more of a hard hitting bass the you could feel. There is someone selling a BIC PL-200 locally for $200, would having two of these increase the bass that you "can feel"? Or would it just smooth the output in the room? It is a small room, about 12 x 15.

My room is 13.7*10.6*7.6 and I have 2 but I started out with just one. The second adds 6 db of output ( 3 for the amp/3 for the driver) and flattens the rooms frequency response for better seat to seat consistency. Having said all that I believe it gave me a bigger bang for my buck but it may be due to my smaller room size. If you do add a second I would run the subs a bit hot by getting your receivers room correction software to set a level offset of around -6/-8 or so for each sub then add +4 or so back in each one in the receivers sub level settings getting you to around -2/-4 (still under 0 db to avoid clipping the subs input but also running each sub at around 79 db or so. That with the LFE channels +10 and any Dynamic EQ feature you might also use at lower listening levels will get you a bit more output at the 50 to 60 Hz range where you feel it more. Just start the gain knobs at around 12 o'clock then run the receivers room correction and check the receivers sub level offset. If it's -2/-3 just raise the gain knobs a bit and run again until you get the -6/-8 your looking for then don't touch the subs gain knobs again. Just bump the receivers sub levels that +4 or so staying under 0 db and then listen to some good low frequency content and see if you notice a difference. Try it with your one sub you have now first if you want. Then if you like how it sounds you can add the second.
post #1444 of 1445 Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have an issue that hopefully someone here might be able to solve. I picked up a 2nd PL-200 to go a duel sub setup. I noticed the new sub when the base hits hard makes a creaking type sound. Almost like the enclosure cant handle the pressure or something. The older sub doesnt do this which leads me to beleive im not driving it too hard or anything. Im sure ill have to try and call BIC which i have a feeling is going to be troublesome if its a bad sub. Any ideas?

I bought the sub in mid June but just now got around to building my HT room. Not sure what their warrenty is time wise.
post #1445 of 1445 Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcougher73 View Post
I have an issue that hopefully someone here might be able to solve. I picked up a 2nd PL-200 to go a duel sub setup. I noticed the new sub when the base hits hard makes a creaking type sound. Almost like the enclosure cant handle the pressure or something. The older sub doesnt do this which leads me to beleive im not driving it too hard or anything. Im sure ill have to try and call BIC which i have a feeling is going to be troublesome if its a bad sub. Any ideas?

I bought the sub in mid June but just now got around to building my HT room. Not sure what their warrenty is time wise.
Yeah, sounds like something is up. You might try to gain match both subs first and see if one is just running out of steam first. Gain Matching them both will eliminate that and then I'd play the same content at the same levels again and see if it repeats itself but yeah I never had that but my listening levels might be lower than yours.

"To gain-match identical subs, the most rigorous method is to move each sub to the middle of the room, place a mic very close to the driver, and measure the SPL. Then move each of the other subs to the exact same position with the mic exactly the same distance away, and set the level to the same SPL as the first one. I place tape on the floor around the first sub, so I can ensure the subsequent subs are located in the exact same place. I don't move the mic between measurements. This works for identical subs, and the level knobs should be at the exact same point, assuming the amps are consistent from unit to unit. It also works for different subs, but then you should expect different settings on the amps.Mark Seaton was the one who suggested this method to me, and if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me."

Last edited by Madmax67; Yesterday at 02:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page