BIC Acoustech H200 Subwoofer (AKA PL-200) - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #121 of 1405 Old 03-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Keizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacdd View Post

If you got anything like pictures on the wall, be prepared for an angry wife, this thing will really shake things off the wall

When I first got my PL-200, I didn't tell my wife. She was gone the day I received it, so I hooked it up and put it in the same place as the old one. I forget which movie we watched that night, but one of the first bass rich scenes had this violent forward/back effect. My wife looked over with this puzzled look on her face and asked "What the heck was that?" I had the level on the sub way too high, and it felt like it actually moved the couch.
Keizer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 1405 Old 03-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Member
 
Sam1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone please tell me how this subwoofer compares to the BIC VK-12???
Sam1234 is offline  
post #123 of 1405 Old 03-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Samsung-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1234 View Post

Can someone please tell me how this subwoofer compares to the BIC VK-12???

It doesn't compare This will be a tough comparison to get I would imagine. Not likely that many people have heard both the VK and the PL-200. I have rarely seen any kind of comments about the VK-12, let alone a comparison between two such mysterious subs as these two are. But just looking at specs, which seem to be pretty close, and using what little I know about HT, I would say the PL-200 would blow the VK-12 away.
Samsung-Guy is offline  
post #124 of 1405 Old 03-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Member
 
Sam1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung-Guy View Post

It doesn't compare This will be a tough comparison to get I would imagine. Not likely that many people have heard both the VK and the PL-200. I have rarely seen any kind of comments about the VK-12, let alone a comparison between two such mysterious subs as these two are. But just looking at specs, which seem to be pretty close, and using what little I know about HT, I would say the PL-200 would blow the VK-12 away.

Thanks for a fast reply,
Does the BIC PL 200 Worth the extra $100 More over the BIC F12? Is there that much more bass? Please let me know cause i really wana just get one of the subs today been reading way to much.
Sam1234 is offline  
post #125 of 1405 Old 03-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Samsung-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1234 View Post

Thanks for a fast reply,
Does the BIC PL 200 Worth the extra $100 More over the BIC F12? Is there that much more bass? Please let me know cause i really wana just get one of the subs today been reading way to much.

$100? The lowest I have seen the VK-12 for is $249, and quite a few people have offered $270-$280 on Sound Distributors ebay site for the PL-200 and have been accepted. I offered $300 like an idiot, could have probably gotten it for $290. So maybe more like worst case scenario, $40 or $50 more. I can't say for sure if the bass would be better, but I would imagine it would be well worth the extra $. Like diamond said, why cheap out on their second best, when you can have their top of the line model for little more. I know I wouldn't be able to do it.
Samsung-Guy is offline  
post #126 of 1405 Old 03-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Member
 
kshaws21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As far as comparisons, just like the earlier posts you will find it hard to get comparisons. What I do know is, I got the PL-200 for less than $300 and think I got a steal in this thing. I cant imagine any NEW sub for around $200 being able to hang with it. I have not done any calibrating, eqing or even a crawl test and am perfectly happy with the PL-200. Bang for the buck for sure.
kshaws21 is offline  
post #127 of 1405 Old 03-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
Urlacher5454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My last tracking information for my PL-200 was on Wednesday.
Urlacher5454 is offline  
post #128 of 1405 Old 03-28-2010, 06:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Nino1919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jersey
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have pics of their PL 200?
Nino1919 is offline  
post #129 of 1405 Old 03-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Keizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino1919 View Post

Anyone have pics of their PL 200?



Keizer is offline  
post #130 of 1405 Old 03-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Nino1919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jersey
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
very nice, thanks for posting.
Nino1919 is offline  
post #131 of 1405 Old 03-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Member
 
Sam1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keizer View Post




WOW very nice.. that really looks great. How do you like it?
Sam1234 is offline  
post #132 of 1405 Old 03-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Member
 
michaelinlubbock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sam1234, get the PL-200, got mine for $275.00 delivered and it got here Friday. I havn't heard the VK-12, But I agree with Samsung Guy! I paid $25.00 more and got the"sure thing"! I admit that I'm a newbie with my experience, allthough, I've odsessed enough online for months to be an expert! "haha" This thing rocks already and I havn't tried it out in different locations yet or had time to completely tweak it! I listened to the AC/DC Live at Donington DVD last nite and when Back in Black start started up the couch was shaking and I was smiling! Great undistorted bass for HT as well! You won't be disappointed for the price! Thanks to all of the guys that posted their experience and led me this direction!
michaelinlubbock is offline  
post #133 of 1405 Old 03-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Keizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1234 View Post

WOW very nice.. that really looks great. How do you like it?

Thanks, I love the sub, and am sure everyone else will too. When I ran Audyessy for the first time, I had the sub level too high during the test tones. My poor receiver had the sub backed all the way to -15db, and most likely would have backed it off more, but that was max. I wanted it around -1 to +1, and had to turn the level wayyyyy down to get it there.

After getting it set up, I was super impressed with the bass it produced not only in movies, but also with music.
Keizer is offline  
post #134 of 1405 Old 03-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Member
 
Sam1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keizer View Post

Thanks, I love the sub, and am sure everyone else will too. When I ran Audyessy for the first time, I had the sub level too high during the test tones. My poor receiver had the sub backed all the way to -15db, and most likely would have backed it off more, but that was max. I wanted it around -1 to +1, and had to turn the level wayyyyy down to get it there.

After getting it set up, I was super impressed with the bass it produced not only in movies, but also with music.

Can it give you that in the club feeling? Do you feel the bass shaking things around you etc.?
Sam1234 is offline  
post #135 of 1405 Old 03-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
Urlacher5454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1234 View Post

Can it give you that in the club feeling? Do you feel the bass shaking things around you etc.?

Are you honestly asking if a budget subwoofer can give that in the club feeling? I think you are placing way too much faith in a budget subwoofer. It may shake things but it isn't going to be like an earthquake.
Urlacher5454 is offline  
post #136 of 1405 Old 03-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Keizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1234 View Post

Can it give you that in the club feeling? Do you feel the bass shaking things around you etc.?

Silly boy, tricks are for kids!!
Keizer is offline  
post #137 of 1405 Old 03-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Member
 
Sam1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well that sucks... Being the only subwoofer I only owned was a Logitech Z2300.. I think this subwoofer is going to be a major upgrade in bass. Besides its going in a 12x6 room
Sam1234 is offline  
post #138 of 1405 Old 03-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Keizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1234 View Post

Besides its going in a 12x6 room

6x12 room? What kind of room is 6x12? That's like the size of a bathroom.
Keizer is offline  
post #139 of 1405 Old 03-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
Urlacher5454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1234 View Post

Well that sucks... Being the only subwoofer I only owned was a Logitech Z2300.. I think this subwoofer is going to be a major upgrade in bass. Besides its going in a 12x6 room

Do you mean 12x16???
Urlacher5454 is offline  
post #140 of 1405 Old 03-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Member
 
Sam1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urlacher5454 View Post

Do you mean 12x16???

Its a room in the basement its a decent size. I just measured its 13ft long x9ft wide
Sam1234 is offline  
post #141 of 1405 Old 03-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Samsung-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I don't know about decent. My bedroom that the PL-200 will be going in is 14x16, and it feels smallish. At least the bass will be strong in that room.
Samsung-Guy is offline  
post #142 of 1405 Old 03-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Member
 
brandini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'll post up a report on Wednesday about how it does in my room, it's 13x19 with only 1 doorway out.

XBLGT: brandiniman
brandini is offline  
post #143 of 1405 Old 03-29-2010, 05:24 AM
Member
 
Sam1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung-Guy View Post

I don't know about decent. My bedroom that the PL-200 will be going in is 14x16, and it feels smallish. At least the bass will be strong in that room.

Ill take pictures of it im making it my little project this week painting it etc etc.
Sam1234 is offline  
post #144 of 1405 Old 03-29-2010, 07:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Samsung-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1234 View Post

Ill take pictures of it im making it my little project this week painting it etc etc.

Back around Christmas, I converted the bedroom just for HT listening. It used to have a walk in closet, which I ripped the walls out of, and now fits the bed perfectly. Opened up a lot of floor space, and leaves less obstructions. Made for a fun weekend project of ripping out studs, sheetrock, mudding and painting.
Samsung-Guy is offline  
post #145 of 1405 Old 03-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Member
 
Sam1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung-Guy View Post

Back around Christmas, I converted the bedroom just for HT listening. It used to have a walk in closet, which I ripped the walls out of, and now fits the bed perfectly. Opened up a lot of floor space, and leaves less obstructions. Made for a fun weekend project of ripping out studs, sheetrock, mudding and painting.

There are other rooms in the house but its just me who really enjoys this and my girl of course when she comes over so it works out.. Yea ripping out walls always sound's fun

EDIT: Check out my youtube channel I have alot of the rooms in the videos.. www.youtube.com/detroitpc313
Sam1234 is offline  
post #146 of 1405 Old 03-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Member
 
snyper99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Houston,Tx.
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
mine is scheduled to arrive this Thursady,good thing I have a lot of thing going on in the next couple of days to keep me losing it waiting for its arrival.So on that noe I bid you adieu,gotta go.
snyper99 is offline  
post #147 of 1405 Old 03-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Samsung-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyper99 View Post

mine is scheduled to arrive this Thursady,good thing I have a lot of thing going on in the next couple of days to keep me losing it waiting for its arrival.So on that noe I bid you adieu,gotta go.

Mine too, but I have nothing to do unlike you, so I'm pacing the floor. I'm worried though since in 3 days it has only gone from Vegas to somewhere in Colorado. Only one more full day and 2 partial days to cover the distance from Colorado to Alabama. Maybe they will pick up the pace, they always worry me like this, but it almost always works out.
Samsung-Guy is offline  
post #148 of 1405 Old 03-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Member
 
Sam1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung-Guy View Post

Mine too, but I have nothing to do unlike you, so I'm pacing the floor. I'm worried though since in 3 days it has only gone from Vegas to somewhere in Colorado. Only one more full day and 2 partial days to cover the distance from Colorado to Alabama. Maybe they will pick up the pace, they always worry me like this, but it almost always works out.

Hey let me know how it sounds with music when you crank it up.
Sam1234 is offline  
post #149 of 1405 Old 03-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Member
 
Bryan J. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Carson, CA. USA
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsung-Guy View Post

Mine too, but I have nothing to do unlike you, so I'm pacing the floor. I'm worried though since in 3 days it has only gone from Vegas to somewhere in Colorado. Only one more full day and 2 partial days to cover the distance from Colorado to Alabama. Maybe they will pick up the pace, they always worry me like this, but it almost always works out.

I know what you mean. Mine is out to deliver now and I can wait. I been check UPS tracking all day from work. Now I'm home and they still have not come. I only worry that they will come when I go pick up my kids from school.
Bryan J. Lee is offline  
post #150 of 1405 Old 03-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Member
 
pinoydinako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys,
It finally arrived today, the wife took possession of it but: look at the pics!! Has some box damage on it! Hope the inside is in tact.
I am away for four days and I can't wait to check this out! I'll just salivate looking at these pics.....
LL
LL
LL
pinoydinako is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off