Tru Audio subs - anyone know anything about this company? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 04-16-2009, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I googled them but aside from their "decent" website, nothing came up. Just curious what kind of company they are and where theyre subs are made. thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-16-2009, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think they are into caraudio.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-17-2009, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

whats the website,,,,, is it tru technology,,, if soI mightbe able to assist
post #4 of 7 Old 04-17-2009, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeismyname View Post

I googled them but aside from their "decent" website, nothing came up. Just curious what kind of company they are and where theyre subs are made. thx

Just curious what difference what country they are made in. Virtually all the internet direct companies are sourcing much of the contents of their subs from China.

You can't even find (the) magnets made in the US anymore.

Just in the past couple of days Rythmik stated that he sources almost everything in his subs from China. But he assembles them one at a time in the USA.

SVS, HSU, all source components from China.

Some companies assemble the (Chinese) parts in the US, but the parts are still made in China.

Now as to Tru Audio subwoofers. The fact that no one knows anything about them should tell you all you need to know about buying from them.

There are a group of low cost subs that has been talked to death. BIC, PA 120, small models from Velodyne.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-17-2009, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Spyboy, what does SVS source form China? The drivers are made in Ohio, the amps are made in Canada.

Are you talking individual electronic components.......caps, resistors and the like?

Maybe the cabinets?
post #6 of 7 Old 04-17-2009, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyaspie View Post

Spyboy, what does SVS source form China? The drivers are made in Ohio, the amps are made in Canada.

Are you talking individual electronic components.......caps, resistors and the like?

Maybe the cabinets?

Well, we could start with the magnets, as I posted already. The rest of the driver may well be made in the US but not the magnets.

The veneer cabinets are sourced from China.

The metal grills for the cylinders are probably sourced from China according to SVS.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Exclusively Servo

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy View Post

Well, we could start with the magnets, as I posted already. The rest of the driver may well be made in the US but not the magnets.

The veneer cabinets are sourced from China.

The metal grills for the cylinders are probably sourced from China according to SVS.

Thilo (TC sounds) had almost all of his components (EDIT for TC1000 as I bought those drivers from him) imported from China, magnet, basket, T-yoke, top plate,.. He basically operated a design house and an assembly line. Logistically, won't it make sense to just assemble them in China in the first place. Well, the end of the story is that he has to do what he has to do.

TC sounds is the most friendly company that I worked with. Thilo can take 100pcs order. Adding a sensing coil to a driver is such a trivial thing and yet most American companies would not do it. I talked to Eminence and the first thing is they asked how many I am going to order. Well they expected me to say 1000pcs a year. Don't even mention Cre****ce who requires a bank statement to show how much money you have in the bank before even talking to you. They all have the reasons the do what they have done. For us (small business), we either have products, or we don't have products.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page