Does the HSU VTF-2 MK 3 not sound as good without the Turbo? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-19-2009, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I do think the turbo makes it look ugly, but does it make it sound a lot better, go a lot deeper? I was initially going to get a $400 sub, but now I'm thinking of going with a $600 one because you only live once, and a $400 sub just wouldn't go with my new Pioneer Kuro Elite. It's like eating a Peanut Butter and Fish sandwich instead of PB &J. Is the HSU VTF-2 MK 3 better of the SVS PB12-NSD? I think the sub and the TV are probably the most important parts of a home theater system as skimping money on them probably hurts your system more than skimping money anywhere else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2009, 03:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Since the turbo is no longer available, your question is moot. What's wrong with PB and tuna?

Randy
Old 04-19-2009, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 43
The VTF-2 MK III was not designed with the turbo in mind. While it will fit, it is too wide on each side for a flush fit.

You would do better with the HSU 3.3 without turbo and decide if you prefer it set to maximum extesion or maximum output.

What the Turbo does is reduce port noise at the lowest frequencies; 16-18 Hz, and the highest output levels where port noise can come into play.

So, other than reducing port noise, the turbo does not change the basic sound character of the subs it can be used on.