post #211 of 230 Old 05-29-2009, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicguy View Post

-It seems my positive experiences with AV123 irritates some of you. Don't really know why, as I see positive experiences having just as much validity as negative ones.

Your positive experiences don't irritate me. Your constant dismissal of any criticism of them is what annoys people. I don't have a problem with posting positive things. I used to post positive things about AV123 myself.

Your posts ask people (in so many words) to ignore all the complainers because you've been treated well and because you have faith in MLS and AV123 and that everything is going to work out. That's great that you have faith, but it doesn't invalidate the experiences of people who have had different experiences.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 230 Old 05-29-2009, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
graphicguy

It helps people understand where you are coming from for them to know that you bailed out on getting a new driver for your out-of-warranty HSU VTF-3 because the company was not willing to negotiate the price of the new driver. The fact that you made the mistake of telling HSU that you ran the VTF-3 in a mode that can damage the sub certainly didn't help you with negotiating a lower price.

HSU's price for the new driver was $175 shipped. You didn't want to pay the full amount becuase the sub was only recently out of warranty, so you went with AV123.

The fact that a new driver was only $45 more than the shipping alone on your MFW is about the size of it. Always your prerogative to pay nearly $600 more for something new, when you can't get a new driver for a price YOU consider reasonable. And all of your complaining that HSU asked you to do the testing and swapping.

Do you think that AV123 is going to pay for round-trip shipping for those who believe they shouldn't have to touch their MFW with a bad amp?

Next time I need a part for one of my cars I am going to ask to negotiate the price of the part. Let's see, my battery is only a few months out of warranty, maybe they can be flexible and reduce the price of a new battery.
post #213 of 230 Old 05-29-2009, 12:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 465
I think we'll be well into the end of the year before the community is able to get a handle on how the new and improved amps are holding up. What will be interesting is seeing how subsequent shipments, Release Candidates 2 & 3, also hold up but that may be more than a year away. In the mean time, there are numerous other issues that need a satisfactory conclusion. I have no real issue with graphicguy speaking positively with regards to his experiences with AV123. The savvy shopper will weigh the merits of all the comments and experiences that have been offered and in this case give serious consideration to Caveat Emptor.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #214 of 230 Old 05-29-2009, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there still going to be a wire re-routing procedure to be done once the new amps come in? Or are they wired right off the bat to stay away from the hum?
post #215 of 230 Old 05-29-2009, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by crOwcaine View Post

Is there still going to be a wire re-routing procedure to be done once the new amps come in? Or are they wired right off the bat to stay away from the hum?

Was there ever an official acknowledgement from AV123 that the wiring was being done wrong?
post #216 of 230 Old 05-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy View Post

Was there ever an official acknowledgement from AV123 that the wiring was being done wrong?

Maybe not that the wiring was "wrong", but they did acknowledge the rerouting was an improvement - http://forums.a v 123.com/showthread.php?p=659558#post659558

(remove spaces to access URL)
post #217 of 230 Old 05-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member

Holy Crap you guys, this is a hobby, a lifestyle, a thing of happiness............you really need to relax, take a chill pill and listen to some great music.....

The world has enough hate for all!

Get over it !
post #218 of 230 Old 05-29-2009, 05:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Nope. This is about business. There's no hate just a bunch of people with some righteous indignation.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #219 of 230 Old 05-29-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

righteous indignation.

Hate is a lot easier to type on an iPhone. Easier to spehl two!
post #220 of 230 Old 05-29-2009, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

I'm still waiting for MLS to ship my parents a subwoofer that I paid for and has been sitting at his house since 10/31/2008. I've been relatively quiet about it. I haven't called and e-mailed on a daily basis about it. I'm curious to see if he ever steps up to the plate and delivers. If he can't be bothered to ship something that's sitting in the box on the floor in his basement to someone who paid for it almost 7 months ago why should someone assume they will be taken care of with a defective product?

But yeah, since you've been well take care of we should just sit back and let you mislead people. You'll just have to excuse me if I don't.

7 months and still NO sub. That's horrible!!!!!!!!

Joe V.
post #221 of 230 Old 05-29-2009, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy View Post

graphicguy

It helps people understand where you are coming from for them to know that you bailed out on getting a new driver for your out-of-warranty HSU VTF-3 because the company was not willing to negotiate the price of the new driver. The fact that you made the mistake of telling HSU that you ran the VTF-3 in a mode that can damage the sub certainly didn't help you with negotiating a lower price.

HSU's price for the new driver was $175 shipped. You didn't want to pay the full amount becuase the sub was only recently out of warranty, so you went with AV123.

The fact that a new driver was only $45 more than the shipping alone on your MFW is about the size of it. Always your prerogative to pay nearly $600 more for something new, when you can't get a new driver for a price YOU consider reasonable. And all of your complaining that HSU asked you to do the testing and swapping.

Do you think that AV123 is going to pay for round-trip shipping for those who believe they shouldn't have to touch their MFW with a bad amp?

Next time I need a part for one of my cars I am going to ask to negotiate the price of the part. Let's see, my battery is only a few months out of warranty, maybe they can be flexible and reduce the price of a new battery.

Interesting.

Joe V.
post #222 of 230 Old 05-30-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwv651 View Post

Criminal is the word I would use.

The fact that he (MLS) has posted that he still has the sub, yet he continues not to ship it is childish and a bunch of other words I can not type here. How ANYONE can defend this behavior is beyond me.

Don't worry Seth, Mark is a GREAT guy. The only reason you can't get the UFW sub he has in his basement is because he got screwed by Chinese parts suppliers for MFW amps that have nothing to do with your UFW. Oh and his mac died, so did his dell, and his iPhone oh and blackberry too, then there was that forklift incident, the wind storm, earthquake and the flash flood. It is clearly not his fault. Don't worry, he will take care of you, he always does.
post #223 of 230 Old 05-30-2009, 07:21 AM

Man, I hate reading things like this! I'm really, REALLY tempted by the dual MFW sale, but I can't get past all the negative things people are writing about MLS/AV123. For the record, in my dealings with MLS he was more than generous and helpful, but ultimately his lack of timely responses and inattention to details cost him my business. I would like to be a customer again, IF the company can show that they have turned things around from a quality standpoint. This personal stuff, however, really needs to be resolved as well. Maybe if they would reopen their forum things could be discussed and rectified, it's a total mystery how they can continue like this.....
post #224 of 230 Old 05-30-2009, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My parents have never had a sub, further they don't know that I ordered this for them, so at least I'm not getting any sort of complaints from them about it.
post #225 of 230 Old 05-30-2009, 10:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

It is maybe worth mentioning that the stories you hear here or on other sites, whether positive or negative, are only an unknown fraction of the total number of similar stories. Not everyone who buys through the internet chooses to express themselves on public fora. No one will ever know with any certainty whether the defect rate is 30% as they say it is or substantially greater. No one will ever know how many times a person's purchase can be defective. Maybe they do provided they keep accurate records, but given Stereodude's story where they've allegedly misplaced his address, I place no great stock in their accuracy. So, for every person who's written here about their positive or negative experience, there are many more you'll never hear from.

post #226 of 230 Old 05-30-2009, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

Maybe they do provided they keep accurate records, but given Stereodude's story where they've allegedly misplaced his address, I place no great stock in their accuracy.

Not to mention they have my phone number and e-mail and could have contacted me to get the address.

None the less, I provided it to him 6 weeks ago, and my parents still haven't received anything.
post #227 of 230 Old 05-30-2009, 01:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

He's cashed out.

post #228 of 230 Old 05-30-2009, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy View Post

Man, I hate reading things like this! I'm really, REALLY tempted by the dual MFW sale, but I can't get past all the negative things people are writing about MLS/AV123.

I hear ya...I was going with a dual MFW setup late last year until I read all the bad input about AV123. I ended up with dual EX's from Outlaw Audio and I'm happy I did.

Joe V.
post #229 of 230 Old 05-30-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:

I hear ya...I was going with a dual MFW setup late last year until I read all the bad input about AV123. I ended up with dual EX's from Outlaw Audio and I'm happy I did.

Too funny, I'm running a single LFM-1EX right now! Maybe I should just get another one and be done with it.
post #230 of 230 Old 05-30-2009, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
I'd consider that to be a wise decision.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page