post #31 of 557 Old 07-19-2009, 02:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepstang View Post

Are there any USA based companies that sell this? The 2 sites I have seen selling this item have the price in Euros

As mentioned several times, the manf. is who we've purchased our units from (as covered in the main thread). You can google "currency converter" to find out a close ballpark for today's conversion.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 557 Old 07-19-2009, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post

As mentioned several times, the manf. is who we've purchased our units from (as covered in the main thread). You can google "currency converter" to find out a close ballpark for today's conversion.

Go to this site for coversion table of EURO to US $: http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-co...to=USD;amt=205.

Bill

Dual Submersive HP's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New HT Room -  
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #33 of 557 Old 07-19-2009, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If sufficient time is given would a BFD and REW work as well as an antimode 8033 to save money or is the antimode a vastly superior product
post #34 of 557 Old 07-19-2009, 08:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleATheater View Post

If sufficient time is given would a BFD and REW work as well as an antimode 8033 to save money or is the antimode a vastly superior product

If you have the tools and time then 8033 is not better and not vastly superior.I have owned the 8033, it did its job well but there is limited flexibility with it. I like to set specific curves.

It is not "open-minded" to reject knowledge - Bob Lee
post #35 of 557 Old 07-20-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

If you have the tools and time then 8033 is not better and not vastly superior.I have owned the 8033, it did its job well but there is limited flexibility with it. I like to set specific curves.

Thanks,
Do I just need REW, the cables, a PC and SPl meter to go with the BFD??
Does setting up a desired curve also help with resonances and other issues that the Antimode is supposed to help with?? Sorry for the hijack.
post #36 of 557 Old 07-20-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allredp View Post

Cool--thanks for that advice. Glad to hear you like the AntiMode in your system! What are you running?

Seaton Submersive It really does a great job of setting the SubMersive up for some great bass.

Thousands of experiments have conclusively proven that beating drums and clashing cymbals brings back the sun after a total eclipse.
post #37 of 557 Old 07-20-2009, 12:39 PM

Any Canadians on here buy one of these? Just wondering if there was any surprise costs added to it... brokerage, duties, etc??

SnowNut
post #38 of 557 Old 07-21-2009, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleATheater View Post

Thanks,
Do I just need REW, the cables, a PC and SPl meter to go with the BFD??
Does setting up a desired curve also help with resonances and other issues that the Antimode is supposed to help with?? Sorry for the hijack.

Yeah, is there a thread outlining this data? Sorry for the ignorance, but what is REW and BFD.

Also, I am sure this can be answered on the main Antimode thread, but does it do a great job (if it can) on dialing in 2 subs to 1 room?
post #39 of 557 Old 07-21-2009, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 122
I've used my Anti-Mode with both a single sub and a dual sub setups. On duals you still have to know the basic's on how to set them up (gain/level match, phase, location, location, location ). The Anti-mode works with the summed output of the two subs as a single entity, but it does do so very well. Mismatched subs may present more of a challenge as the EQ is not differentiating the signal it sends between them, but if they are a matched pair and set up properly you should be fine. Many people have run multiples (including some who run a sub/MBM set up) and reported good results.

REW is Room EQ Wizard, a freeware app that can be downloaded from another forum, just google it and you should be able to find it easily. A BFD is a Behringer Feedback Destroyer, a pro-audio piece of equipment that is frequently utilized for its parametric EQ features and relatively low price. They are plentiful online or through retail stores such as Guitar Center. The same forum that hosts REW has a dedicated section to each of these items, with FAQ's, set up walk throughs and many knowledgeable posters who can assist setting up, running and then understanding the results given by REW.

~Nick

Augustine's Law: "The last 10% of performance generates one-third of the cost and two-thirds of the problems."

post #40 of 557 Old 07-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifibitn View Post

Seaton Submersive It really does a great job of setting the SubMersive up for some great bass.

Yeah, baby!

I'm in the que for the black-oak SubMersive, so I'll know how cool Seaton's masterpiece is for myself very soon--can't wait!

creative>energy

post #41 of 557 Old 07-12-2010, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

3- That way Audyssey will compensate for the time delay in the AntiMode.

Did you mean #2- calibrate with the 8033-then with audyssey?

If 3, what else?

Joel
post #42 of 557 Old 07-12-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy View Post

There is exactly one place to buy the 8033 and the price in dollars depends on the the exchange rate at the time of purchase. Last I heard the price in $$ is $350.

I bought mine from here:

http://www.simplifiaudio.com/room_co.../dspeaker.html

I believe they are the official USA dealer for the Anti-Mode. Great to deal with and shipped fast as well.

There is one for sale right now in the classified section here I believe for a great price.
post #43 of 557 Old 07-12-2010, 01:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschnur View Post

Did you mean #2- calibrate with the 8033-then with audyssey?

Umm. Yes. How did I and another get the wrong number? Did the OP change the post.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

post #44 of 557 Old 07-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

If I am running dual subs in opposite corners of my room, would I be better off with the Anti-mode or the SVS ASQ-1?
post #45 of 557 Old 07-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
For dual sub, I would get SVS AS-EQ1. It had the ability to adjust the level and phase independently but EQ as a same group. Another plus is EQ1 had more filter than Anti Mode.
post #46 of 557 Old 07-13-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjyap View Post

Another plus is EQ1 had more filter than Anti Mode.

Could you qualify that statement?

You are comparing apples and bananas here, as EQ1 uses FIR's (finite impulse response) and Anti-Mode uses IIR's (Infinite impulse response). You can argue which is better as long as you want, but that is just an implementation detail and you can get crap and excellent from both.

So, that is not a plus. Still, both products produce great results, so either way you go, you should be satisfied with the improvement.
post #47 of 557 Old 07-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

Well, Which one will let me boost frequencies in the 15hz range or really dial in the low end? I know the 8033 is a set it and forget it piece, but does it do a better job and getting the ultra low bass up to par with the rest of the system?
post #48 of 557 Old 07-13-2010, 07:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post

Well, Which one will let me boost frequencies in the 15hz range or really dial in the low end? I know the 8033 is a set it and forget it piece, but does it do a better job and getting the ultra low bass up to par with the rest of the system?

It has some low bass boost options that may appeal to you.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

post #49 of 557 Old 07-14-2010, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmanick View Post

I've used my Anti-Mode with both a single sub and a dual sub setups. On duals you still have to know the basic's on how to set them up (gain/level match, phase, location, location, location ). The Anti-mode works with the summed output of the two subs as a single entity, but it does do so very well. Mismatched subs may present more of a challenge as the EQ is not differentiating the signal it sends between them, but if they are a matched pair and set up properly you should be fine. Many people have run multiples (including some who run a sub/MBM set up) and reported good results.

Snowmanik, I am glad you had success with using the Antimode for duals...but as you said, it is best applied on "matched" subs. As most may know, my dual Epik set-up is NON-Equidistant to the listener and the room. It can be debated how important delay is; however, in my situation I think applying individual delay to each sub would help to create more accuracy. I currently have a BFD dsp1124p and use it for one cut and one boost. In my situation, the subs are [unfortunately] calibrated as one, with no individual delay to each sub. I have yet to come to a conclusion if applying individual filters to each sub, or as one unit is best in my situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjyap View Post

For dual sub, I would get SVS AS-EQ1. It had the ability to adjust the level and phase independently but EQ as a same group. Another plus is EQ1 had more filter than Anti Mode.

I just had a light bulb go off in my head....

Would it be a good idea to have this set-up: Reciever --> Antimode --> BFD --> dual subs. This would allow a delay to be set from the BFD to each sub, and than allow the Antimode to calibrate the system as a whole.

**The hardest part would be figuring out what the proper delay should be to each uneven positioned sub.
post #50 of 557 Old 07-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member

I just received my Dual Submersive HP's (awesome!) and I am wondering if I can use the Antimode to tune them both, even though they are on opposite sides of the room. Will it work?
post #51 of 557 Old 07-26-2010, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I am also in somewhat similar situation. I have 2 different makes of subs(both sealed) in different locations. One is in left front between the lt & center speaker and the second one is diagonally opposite in right rear behind second row of seats. I am planning to connect both to 8033 but before EQing them I will try to level match them individually. They are at different distances(back sub closer than front) but I am hoping it won't matter as much for subwoofers if I set the delay based on front sub. Any suggestions are welcome. My room has a nasty dip at 40hz at the main seating position. I am limited by where I can place the subs. Can I use BFD just to set the different delay for each sub?

Vinod
post #52 of 557 Old 07-27-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:

if I can use the Antimode to tune them both, even though they are on opposite sides of the room. Will it work?

Because Anti-Mode will measure the combined response and correct that, it will work. It will work best, if the subs are positioned symmetrically in the room and the listening position.
post #53 of 557 Old 07-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Advanced Member

I dont have that option... They are placed on opposite sides of the room with one being about 5 ft closer to the listening position. What is my best bet?
post #54 of 557 Old 07-31-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:

I dont have that option... They are placed on opposite sides of the room with one being about 5 ft closer to the listening position. What is my best bet?

Buy two, one for each!
post #55 of 557 Old 07-31-2010, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I have similar problem with front at 13ft & back one at 7ft because of the room dimensions. I am thinking of setting the delay at 10ft for the subs & calibrating/EQ'ing them together.

Vinod
post #56 of 557 Old 07-31-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snownut View Post

Any Canadians on here buy one of these? Just wondering if there was any surprise costs added to it... brokerage, duties, etc??

You might check here instead:
http://www.creativesound.ca/details....l=ANTIMODE8033

Mike
post #57 of 557 Old 09-01-2010, 12:59 AM

all Antimode owners,

Just to check with you guys, it was written in the manual to add 90 cm to the subwoofer distance to compensate for the processing lag.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, if there's a processing lag in the signal, should we not decrease the distance by the said amount instead of adding?

But does this makes any difference at all?

Have read reviews in avguide where they have mention reducing the distance of 90 cm instead of adding?

So which is which? Adding or reducing?
post #58 of 557 Old 09-01-2010, 04:40 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone running two Antimodes with two subs?

Wouldn't calibrating each sub independently from each other produce better results?

Thanks for any input.

MrJulius

The Evil Plan = (Dynasty + Empire) / at 40 Hz !
post #59 of 557 Old 09-01-2010, 05:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloquentsilencee View Post

all Antimode owners,

Just to check with you guys, it was written in the manual to add 90 cm to the subwoofer distance to compensate for the processing lag.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, if there's a processing lag in the signal, should we not decrease the distance by the said amount instead of adding?

Have read reviews in avguide where they have mention reducing the distance of 90 cm instead of adding?

No, you add distance b/c it is taking the signal LONGER to travel through the Antimode. It basically delays the signal getting to the subwoofer, thus you have to add distance to compensate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjulius View Post

Anyone running two Antimodes with two subs?

Wouldn't calibrating each sub independently from each other produce better results?

Thanks for any input.

MrJulius

Good question. I am in a situation similar to Jrunr, but have yet to pull the trigger on something like the AS-EQ1 or Antimode.

Calibrating each independently is good, but it is often thought that the best results would happen if the subs are calibrated together AFTER calibrated individually so that their interaction in the room can be taken into consideration. Yes, you can eq them flat individually; however, it is not taking into account how they will interact with each other when operating at the same time. Some people may argue that FLAT + FLAT = FLAT response; however, that is not always true.
post #60 of 557 Old 09-01-2010, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloquentsilencee View Post

all Antimode owners,

Your reciever or prepro will do that when setting up the sub during speaker setup and calibration. If you notice in the menu that the sub distance is probably set to more distance than what it actually is.

Dual Submersive HP's

New HT Room -  

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page