Antimode 8033 - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #571 of 584 Unread 04-17-2015, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 843 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnydoggy View Post
How would I connect a Behringer nu6000dsp to the antimode 8033sii? I have a Sherborn pt7030, xlr outputs. I'm guessing from my 30 foot male xlr, get an extender (female to stereo rca?) run it in to both 8033 inputs, then use only one of the outputs by rca to xlr male? So confused
7030's subwoofer RCA output > rca cable (mono) > antimode > rca to xlr cable > behringer

I wonder if any rca to xlr cable can be used.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 584 Unread 06-05-2015, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quick (probably stupid) question:

I just bought a used Anti-Mode 8033, the one with 1 input, and 1 output.

I have 2 SVS PC12-NSD i will connect these with an Y cable, these subs have a phase knob, should i keep one on 0, and the other on 180 before calibrating, or should both be on 0?
post #573 of 584 Unread 08-11-2015, 04:22 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Just bought the anti mode for my 2xPB13Ultras.. Will let u know how it works out..
post #574 of 584 Unread 11-11-2015, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 843 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Many years had passed... nothing new from DSPeaker. Sigh. Even marketing the €3,400 Antimode X4 is a pain for them.
http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products.shtml
post #575 of 584 Unread 11-12-2015, 06:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohkaasa View Post
Quick (probably stupid) question:

I just bought a used Anti-Mode 8033, the one with 1 input, and 1 output.

I have 2 SVS PC12-NSD i will connect these with an Y cable, these subs have a phase knob, should i keep one on 0, and the other on 180 before calibrating, or should both be on 0?
according to the company, they recommend to keep both subs on the same phase b4 calibration.
post #576 of 584 Unread 11-17-2015, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I am considering an Anti-mode 8033S-II. The manual warns about not having your AVR signal lower than -3 (* see excerpt from manual below.) I have my AVR calibrated so the subwoofer signal is -7 (and have had it calibrated even lower) so I can add up to around 6 dB which I sometimes do during movies etc.

Will have it set so low really cause problems? Does the AVR subwoofer signal need to be -3 or higher to work with the Anti-mode unit?

* From manual: The input level warning is useful in optimizing the signal level that goes into the Anti-Mode. If the
volume of your subwoofer is too high, the AVR's calibration may set unnecessarily low levels for
the subwoofer output. This leaves much of the Anti-Mode's available input range unused and can
cause an audible low level hum or noise from the subwoofer. This may be the case if your AVR
indicates its subwoofer output level is below -3dB.

To take advantage of the full input range of the Anti-Mode, decrease the subwoofer volume and
increase the output level from the pre-amplifier or AVR until you see only occasional 3dB warnings,
then lower the volume a few dB.
post #577 of 584 Unread 11-17-2015, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by checker9 View Post
I am considering an Anti-mode 8033S-II. The manual warns about not having your AVR signal lower than -3 (* see excerpt from manual below.) I have my AVR calibrated so the subwoofer signal is -7 (and have had it calibrated even lower) so I can add up to around 6 dB which I sometimes do during movies etc.

Will have it set so low really cause problems? Does the AVR subwoofer signal need to be -3 or higher to work with the Anti-mode unit?

* From manual: The input level warning is useful in optimizing the signal level that goes into the Anti-Mode. If the
volume of your subwoofer is too high, the AVR's calibration may set unnecessarily low levels for
the subwoofer output. This leaves much of the Anti-Mode's available input range unused and can
cause an audible low level hum or noise from the subwoofer. This may be the case if your AVR

To take advantage of the full input range of the Anti-Mode, decrease the subwoofer volume and
increase the output level from the pre-amplifier or AVR until you see only occasional 3dB warnings,
I have the Anti-Mode 8033S-II, and my levels are at -8 dB. I have no problems with hum or noise.

My humble system:

Vizio E601I-A3; Darbee Darblet; Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD universal blu-ray player; Pioneer Elite SC-67 AVR, Dual PSA XS15se's; Monitor Audio Silver RX-6 mains, RX center, and RX surrounds; Home-built HTPC (Xeon E1230, 16gb RAM, Crucial M500 480gb SSD, Radeon R280, Corsair CX600, CoolerMaster mini-ITX case)
post #578 of 584 Unread 11-17-2015, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 64
i feel my subs where set way too low... so honestly i am just running them hot again... If I use the boost function i feel less bass but using the normal function i have a good punch still
post #579 of 584 Unread 11-18-2015, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checker9 View Post

My AVR's subwoofer channel volume is -9db after Audyssey calibration. So far no issues with my Antimode SII. Works fine.
post #580 of 584 Unread 11-18-2015, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have a newbie type stupid question. I use an older 8033 in a 2.1 system ( i think its the original version) by connecting the mono center channel output on my vintage integrated. I then use a mono rca from the antimode to one side of the sub amp.

Will i have any improvement in sound and or db if i use a stereo out from the antimode to the left and right rca in on the sub amp? Or is is this mono the whole way through....

thanks
post #581 of 584 Unread 11-19-2015, 10:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 224
New to the thread and Antimode. I just installed an Anitmode 8033 Cinema for my corner loaded PSA XV15 and am totally blown away by the results. My Audyssey XT equipped AVR went up in smoke (literally) and I replaced it with a Sony 1060 which sounds better in the main channels in every way possible when compared to Audyssey XT, but Sony's room EQ didn't do much for the sub.

I always thought XT did a good job with my sub, but my ears, and pant legs, tell me that the AM does a much better job. I'm running the flat EQ curve and could not be happier.

When I first did the 8033's calibration and then checked the results with Sony's DCAC (auto EQ) it had the sub at -5db, so I lowered the gain on the sub and re-ran the DCAC, and repeated a couple of times until I got 0db trim. The manual seemed to be pretty serious about the AVR's trim level not being below 0ish.

Then I went ahead and re-ran the 8033's calibration because I wasn't sure if lowering the sub's own gain control would somehow mess up the calibration - OK, my OCD kicked in - and all was good. My trim is now 0db and the distance went up by 4'1" according to DCAC.

I just watched Gravity again and I can't believe how much 20hzish stuff I was missing....... The bloat is gone, and I would swear that someone installed a kicker in my chair! Unbelievable result.

Samsung UN60D6420 ~ DirecTV HR-44 ~ Sony S5100 ~ Roku 3 ~ Denon AVR-X3200W ~ HTD Level TWO Towers ~ HTD Level TWO Surrounds ~ Anti-Mode 8033 Cinema ~ Power Sound Audio XV15
post #582 of 584 Unread 11-20-2015, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
New to the thread and Antimode. I just installed an Anitmode 8033 Cinema for my corner loaded PSA XV15 and am totally blown away by the results. My Audyssey XT equipped AVR went up in smoke (literally) and I replaced it with a Sony 1060 which sounds better in the main channels in every way possible when compared to Audyssey XT, but Sony's room EQ didn't do much for the sub.

I always thought XT did a good job with my sub, but my ears, and pant legs, tell me that the AM does a much better job. I'm running the flat EQ curve and could not be happier.

When I first did the 8033's calibration and then checked the results with Sony's DCAC (auto EQ) it had the sub at -5db, so I lowered the gain on the sub and re-ran the DCAC, and repeated a couple of times until I got 0db trim. The manual seemed to be pretty serious about the AVR's trim level not being below 0ish.

Then I went ahead and re-ran the 8033's calibration because I wasn't sure if lowering the sub's own gain control would somehow mess up the calibration - OK, my OCD kicked in - and all was good. My trim is now 0db and the distance went up by 4'1" according to DCAC.

I just watched Gravity again and I can't believe how much 20hzish stuff I was missing....... The bloat is gone, and I would swear that someone installed a kicker in my chair! Unbelievable result.
that's great. Antimode has been one of the best buys VFM. Esp if u dont have XT32 and subEQ in your AVR.
post #583 of 584 Unread 11-20-2015, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenz View Post
Antimode has been one of the best buys VFM. Esp if u dont have XT32 and subEQ in your AVR.
Totally agree. I forgot to mention, that the "layers" of bass are amazing. I guess I got used to the boom frequency dominating my room, even with XT supposedly fixing it. I actually raised my x-overs to let the sub handle the workload.

2 channel music is sooooo good now.

Samsung UN60D6420 ~ DirecTV HR-44 ~ Sony S5100 ~ Roku 3 ~ Denon AVR-X3200W ~ HTD Level TWO Towers ~ HTD Level TWO Surrounds ~ Anti-Mode 8033 Cinema ~ Power Sound Audio XV15
post #584 of 584 Unread 11-30-2015, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Just ordered the 8033S-II... Quick question/opinion.

Dual subs. Y-splitter or run 1 cable from each output with one sub phase set at 180. Ive got the cables, a Y-splitter from another install...

Would one option be better than another?

Thanks

George
Speakers: B&W 802N Fronts, B&W HTM1 Center, B&W CCM75 (x4) rears and surrounds, JTR Cap1400 (x2) Sub / Preamp: Marantz AV7701 / Amps: McIntosh MC8702 (center and rears), Emotiva XPA-1 (x2) for fronts / Bluray: Oppo 103D / Projector: Epson 5030UB / Screen: 120" Silver Ticket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers