MFW-15 w/ new July 2009 amps <absolutely NO AV123 or MLS bashing/negativity!!> - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 139
hey MLS.... i seem to be banned on AV123 forum....any reason for this???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure-Evil View Post

Well you were an unreasonable ******* for a good while there man..lol.

Verum postulo res.
post #633 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

You have been waaaaaay too critical of MLS and AV123 these last few months (doesn't matter if its fair criticism or not).

I think you need to swear a blood oath to never, ever be critical of the great one. They are fast with the banning and deleting over there. You may have just gotten run over by one of their overzealous mods. I would send one of them a PM and beg for forgiveness and maybe they will let you back.
post #634 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed M View Post

They are fast with the banning and deleting over there.

Not like this site.

HH
post #635 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 02:24 PM

Well, as the title says, this thread is for the "MFW-15 w/ new July amps".
Talk about that till your heart is content. If you want to talk about other speakers or subs from this company or if you wish to discuss AV123 or MLS, do so in a different thread. This is why we have thread titles after all.

He who dies with the most toys wins.
Just make sure your toys are over 18.

System 1: Harman Kardon AVR-745, AV123 X-Statik, X-Voce, X-LS, MFW-15
post #636 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed m View Post

you have been waaaaaay too critical of mls and av123 these last few months (doesn't matter if its fair criticism or not).

I think you need to swear a blood oath to never, ever be critical of the great one. They are fast with the banning and deleting over there. You may have just gotten run over by one of their overzealous mods. I would send one of them a pm and beg for forgiveness and maybe they will let you back.

rotflmao
post #637 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david-me View Post

Well, as the title says, this thread is for the "MFW-15 w/ new July amps".
Talk about that till your heart is content. If you want to talk about other speakers or subs from this company or if you wish to discuss AV123 or MLS, do so in a different thread. This is why we have thread titles after all.

I was the OP of a thread titled "Is it safe to buy dual MFWs". At the time there was no real feedback with the new amps, and I reluctantly went in another direction. With so many people receiving their replacement amps I'm wondering if the answer to my question is finally available? How about it, are these subs now everything they should be? Most posts seem to be positive, except for a few issues with tight clearances or maybe hum. Has MLS solved the problem? Given the great initial reviews I'm thinking these subs at the current sale price are a great deal. What say you owners? Considering you can get four (4!) MFWs for the price of a single Submersive it really seems tempting. Problem is, what to do with my dual LFM-1EXs.......

Hmm, maybe a poll?
post #638 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy View Post

I was the OP of a thread titled "Is it safe to buy dual MFWs". At the time there was no real feedback with the new amps, and I reluctantly went in another direction. With so many people receiving their replacement amps I'm wondering if the answer to my question is finally available? How about it, are these subs now everything they should be? Most posts seem to be positive, except for a few issues with tight clearances or maybe hum. Has MLS solved the problem? Given the great initial reviews I'm thinking these subs at the current sale price are a great deal. What say you owners? Considering you can get four (4!) MFWs for the price of a single Submersive it really seems tempting. Problem is, what to do with my dual LFM-1EXs.......

Hmm, maybe a poll?

For sound quality alone, I would choose 1 submersive over 4 MFW-15's 100 out of 100 times. The MFW-15 is great for $500, but at 2k we are talking about a different level of sound "quality". If quantity is what you care about 4 MFW-15's would be an excellent choice. If you want the best sounding, better built sub the submersive is going to win.
post #639 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 05:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:

You were in violation of one or more sections of Article 58, Criminal Code of the RSFSR. Click here (http://www.cyberussr.com/rus/uk58-e.html) for an explanation. Be lucky that's all it was.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #640 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 05:46 PM
otk
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

You were in violation of one or more sections of Article 58, Criminal Code of the RSFSR. Click here (http://www.cyberussr.com/rus/uk58-e.html) for an explanation. Be lucky that's all it was.

LOL

All this noise about noise.
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
Finding the acoustic sweet spot.
post #641 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed M View Post

For sound quality alone, I would choose 1 submersive over 4 MFW-15's 100 out of 100 times. The MFW-15 is great for $500, but at 2k we are talking about a different level of sound "quality". If quantity is what you care about 4 MFW-15's would be an excellent choice. If you want the best sounding, better built sub the submersive is going to win.

OK, granted I haven't heard the majority of subs out there, but I have owned a few in my day. I think that sub sound "quality" has to be even more subjective than speaker sound quality, IMO. Not to start the whole "sealed versus ported" debate again, but why would you think that one sub would have it over another in "quality"? Can this position be backed up with measurements, or is it based on listening tests? If so, I should point out that the MFWs scored extremely well in the Craigsub listening tests, so what does that say? Very curious, that's all!
post #642 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
The new amps work and the warranty has been raised to four years. In my opinion, if you need a sub buy an MFW15 quick before the prices go up on 9-1.
post #643 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapoolboy View Post

OK, granted I haven't heard the majority of subs out there, but I have owned a few in my day. I think that sub sound "quality" has to be even more subjective than speaker sound quality, IMO. Not to start the whole "sealed versus ported" debate again, but why would you think that one sub would have it over another in "quality"? Can this position be backed up with measurements, or is it based on listening tests? If so, I should point out that the MFWs scored extremely well in the Craigsub listening tests, so what does that say? Very curious, that's all!

ok i'll chime in here since i HAVE heard the Submersive and..i have multiple mfw-15's

in my opinion, and this is only my opinion and i'm sure others will disagree...4 mfw 15's will beat out 1 submersive all day long. especially when we are talking over all SPL...now the submersive definitely dips lower, much lower, however, i would rather have multiple subs filling my room with no null spots than 1 sub (at 4 times the price)

overall, i'd say you really would be blown away with 2 mfw-15's. ... especially if you have good room accoustics to create sound pressure as well. the mfw15's definitely dip low enough for most users..and give TONS of tactile feel..you would not need buttkickers...let's put it that way
post #644 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 06:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 596
You've verified that your current placement results in no null spots?

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #645 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 06:29 PM
otk
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
didn't mark design both subs ?

maybe he's the one who should be asked which has better sound quality

from testimonials i've read from people who have owned almost every "big name" sub out there (ultra's conquests fathoms hsu etc.) and then switched to the submersive, 100% of the testimonials have been nothing but glowing happiness with their upgrade

All this noise about noise.
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
Finding the acoustic sweet spot.
post #646 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by otk View Post

didn't mark design both subs ?

maybe he's the one who should be asked which has better sound quality

from testimonials i've read from people who have owned almost every "big name" sub out there (ultra's conquests fathoms hsu etc.) and then switched to the submersive, 100% of the testimonials have been nothing but glowing happiness with their upgrade

In post 19 at the link below Mark covers some aspects of the two. I think those comments combined with the testimonials I've seen and you speak of puts that aspect to rest. Not knocking the MFW, great sub. Got it, love it. But the Submersive is in a different class as it should be.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...=#post17083059
post #647 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
I can't speak to the MFW-15 vs. the Submersive, but I can speak to it (MFW) vs. the Rythmik D15se Servo sub. The following opinion is based on pairs of MFWs vs Rythmiks, both equalized via Audyssey. For music, the Rythmik is better (and frankly the most musical sub I've owned) but the MFW is surprisingly close given the price difference. Subjectively, I'd say for music (tightness, articulation) the MFW is 90-93% as good as the Rythmik, which says a lot. For HT I'd rate both subs as equal, but different. The Rythmik was surprisingly powerful, extended, and produced LFE with accuracy I haven't heard previously. By comparison, the MFW didn't extend quite as deep as the Rythmik but from 20 hz up delivered more impact and dynamics. I went with the MFW over the Rythmiks primarily for cosmetics and dedicated HT (my main speakers are full range and don't need sub assist) and ultimately, I think I made a good decision given my circumstances.

From what I've read of the Submersive, I think a pair of 15" Rythmiks will provide similar performance and if one accepts this notion, I'd say if one's priority is music vs. HT, go with the Submersive. If the inverse is true and your budget is tight, go with a pair (or more) of MFW-15s. In the final analysis, I think you'll be satisfied either way.

Eric
post #648 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 07:11 PM

im having issues with one of the mfw15s, it 'burps' a few times while playing and then it shuts off. The amp light stays green, i can turn it off and on, it goes to red and back to green but no sound. Once I pull the power cord out, and put it back in, it starts playing again and then randomly at some point it shuts off again. With the rca pulled out, it randomly burps, behaves the same way. The other one has no such issues.
post #649 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 07:17 PM

Liked: 17
Please read this important announcement from Mark L. Schifter, the Founder and President of av123/Rocket Loudspeakers and Perpetual Technologies:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post17082064

Based upon his track record, I'm sure Mark has every intention of honoring the new extended warranties.
Please keep members informed of your situation.

Thank you!
post #650 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Start the count down to thread lock....

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
post #651 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elockett View Post

I can't speak to the MFW-15 vs. the Submersive, but I can speak to it (MFW) vs. the Rythmik D15se Servo sub. The following opinion is based on pairs of MFWs vs Rythmiks, both equalized via Audyssey. For music, the Rythmik is better (and frankly the most musical sub I've owned) but the MFW is surprisingly close given the price difference. Subjectively, I'd say for music (tightness, articulation) the MFW is 90-93% as good as the Rythmik, which says a lot. For HT I'd rate both subs as equal, but different. The Rythmik was surprisingly powerful, extended, and produced LFE with accuracy I haven't heard previously. By comparison, the MFW didn't extend quite as deep as the Rythmik but from 20 hz up delivered more impact and dynamics. I went with the MFW over the Rythmiks primarily for cosmetics and dedicated HT (my main speakers are full range and don't need sub assist) and ultimately, I think I made a good decision given my circumstances.

Eric

A very informative opinion. Very beneficial and contributive. I like both of these subs (Rythmik 15s & MFW-15). The servo sealed and the vented slot. I would consider the Rythmik for accuracy, but my listening habits do lean more toward HT and I would prefer the slotted design. The only other sealed or slotted design I would consider is the Submersive and the Dynasty, but that is getting a bit large.
I frankly would have paid a few hundred more for the MFW just for some assurance of quality and service support for the future, but now I have a moral issue with this purchase decision that can't be overcome as things currently stand.
In limbo,
Hfhe

'It's not what you don't know that hurts you; It's what you know, that just ain't so.'
post #652 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:

In the interests of no negativity I will say positively that I have been banned as well...
post #653 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 10:28 PM

Well guess I'll get this thread back on topic.......

Tonight I just placed an order for (2) MFW-15s in satin black and I'm extremely excited! What makes it even sweeter is that it's an early b-day present from my wife!

Mark, the website says "ETD Oct," Is that accurate or will they be shipped sooner? I can't wait to get these home! Thanks.

-Chris Musngi
post #654 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_FX_45 View Post

Tonight I just placed an order for (2) MFW-15s in satin black and I'm extremely excited! What makes it even sweeter is that it's an early b-day present from my wife!

Mark, the website says "ETD Oct," Is that accurate or will they be shipped sooner? I can't wait to get these home! Thanks.

-Chris Musngi

Congratulations on your order Chris. I hope you can get them before October. Regardless, I look forward to your opinion of them once they arrive.

Eric
post #655 of 2801 Old 08-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headedforhighend View Post

A very informative opinion. Very beneficial and contributive. I like both of these subs (Rythmik 15s & MFW-15). The servo sealed and the vented slot. I would consider the Rythmik for accuracy, but my listening habits do lean more toward HT and I would prefer the slotted design. The only other sealed or slotted design I would consider is the Submersive and the Dynasty, but that is getting a bit large.
I frankly would have paid a few hundred more for the MFW just for some assurance of quality and service support for the future, but now I have a moral issue with this purchase decision that can't be overcome as things currently stand.
In limbo,
Hfhe

Thank you for your kind words! I respect your opinion about your purchase decision and the good news is that you have several options from other vendors within the MFW's price range.

Eric
post #656 of 2801 Old 08-30-2009, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

hmm...not that i care much since i don't really go to their forum anymore, but damn.... this is what i get.

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation
post #657 of 2801 Old 08-30-2009, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

hmm...not that i care much since i don't really go to their forum anymore, but damn.... this is what i get.

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

Pure-Evil,

Clear your cookies, there may be an issue with the cookie downloaded to your computer.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
post #658 of 2801 Old 08-30-2009, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You're ALL Good Bud...

I just looked again...

Thank you...

mls

Founder and President
av123 / Rocket Loudspeakers
Perpetual Technologies
post #659 of 2801 Old 08-30-2009, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_FX_45 View Post

-Chris Musngi

Hello Chris...

We have 144 new Satin Black MFW-15's on the way... Given shipment timing - the potential for Customs Inspection - and the general knowledge we have gleaned re shipment delivery (Houston to Denver)... we are fully confident of October...

There are still just under 90 available from that shipment as of this morning...

Thanks for your order (please thank you wife for us) and Happy B Day...

All the best...

mls

Founder and President
Perpetual Technologies
post #660 of 2801 Old 08-30-2009, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by django1 View Post

In the interests of no negativity I will say positively that I have been banned as well...

... but as I was just on our forum Admin page... I learned it expires shortly.

Best...

mls

Founder and President
Perpetual Technologies
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page