post #4711 of 4733 Old 04-12-2014, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhed View Post

So I got that nauseated feeling again. Watched Tron legacy at -12. Got it real bad the last scene (air battle). Felt like puking. Now the pressure sometimes in my ear.. I don't know.. When there's heavy bass scene feels like my ears want to pop. Kind of like when your taking off on the air plane. You get that pressure feeling in your ear. Well something like that. Then worse one of my recess lights housing fell down. No problem though. Just pop it back in. But had to go to my garage and get the ladder. Btw, that crack in my ceiling that I talked about a few months back I got to take a good look at it close up. It's getting bad. I'll take some photos when I get time. Just been working long hours before my trip to Chicago soon..

That sucks man! That movie has great bass and with the four s2's that you have, I could imagine how crazy that could have gotten in your room. Did your wife get the same feeling as you? Maybe, you can try to spread them around the room and get a good response in every seat instead of them being on your front wall?? I don't know?

MY THEATER......The Thompson Theater 11.9 channels

"Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to?"
- Leon Phelps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4712 of 4733 Old 04-12-2014, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

That sucks man! That movie has great bass and with the four s2's that you have, I could imagine how crazy that could have gotten in your room. Did your wife get the same feeling as you? Maybe, you can try to spread them around the room and get a good response in every seat instead of them being on your front wall?? I don't know?

My subs are spread out through out the room. I have 1 on each side of the left and right wall. And 2 at the rear wall about 1/4 in each way from the corners. I have a very even response that way. I'll try post my latest graph later on today after work. And this time it was only me watching the movie by my self in the HT room. Wife and kids was doing other things in the house. Man, I don't know maybe I'm getting old bro.. Lol.. The bass feels heavy like on these subs. I wonder if there's too much pressurization with these subs that making me feel nauseated.
post #4713 of 4733 Old 04-12-2014, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My subs are spread out through out the room. I have 1 on each side of the left and right wall. And 2 at the rear wall about 1/4 in each way from the corners. I have a very even response that way. I'll try post my latest graph later on today after work. And this time it was only me watching the movie by my self in the HT room. Wife and kids was doing other things in the house. Man, I don't know maybe I'm getting old bro.. Lol.. The bass feels heavy like on these subs. I wonder if there's too much pressurization with these subs that making me feel nauseated.

LOL...your not getting old. Look at your house coming apart, your subs are monsters. On second thought.....your getting old, sell me a cap s2 so I can have duals. biggrin.gif

- Leon Phelps
post #4714 of 4733 Old 04-12-2014, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
If the subs are running level matched with the rest of the speakers the number of subs should not matter. If you are running them hot, that's another story smile.gif
post #4715 of 4733 Old 04-12-2014, 09:34 AM

P.S. My charity also accepts S2 "donations" wink.gif
post #4716 of 4733 Old 04-12-2014, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicators View Post

If the subs are running level matched with the rest of the speakers the number of subs should not matter. If you are running them hot, that's another story smile.gif

It is against the law to not run your subs hot! tongue.gif

Punishable up to 3 years in prison and up to a $250,000 fine

- Leon Phelps
post #4717 of 4733 Old 04-12-2014, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

LOL...your not getting old. Look at your house coming apart, your subs are monsters. On second thought.....your getting old, sell me a cap s2 so I can have duals. biggrin.gif

Lol.. Nice one! You know forgot to mention. If I'm just listening at normal levels like around -17 to -20. I feel fine. Watching at -12 down to -9 is not normal for me.. I don't know how most people can watch movies at those levels. Feels like a roller coaster ride. Lol. It sounds baddass though. But I can't wait till I change out all my speakers to JTR's. Axpona 2014 is coming up soon. I really can't wait..
post #4718 of 4733 Old 04-12-2014, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Only 3 hot. And running a very mild house curve through the antimode 2.0.
post #4719 of 4733 Old 04-12-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

It is against the law to not run your subs hot! tongue.gif

Punishable up to 3 years in prison and up to a $250,000 fine

Then I am guilty as charged frown.gif

But I use Audyssey dynamic eq which boosts LFE by 5-7 db smile.gif I tried a few DBs higher and I liked it on some content but did not like it on the rest.
post #4720 of 4733 Old 04-12-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

My brothers.. If any of you come to Hawaii for a vacation. Hit me up for a demo so you know what I'm talking about. Funny thing too is, I ran duals for a month after I discovered the crack in my ceiling. And just running dual was already crazy. Then when I went back to quads it just feels like it just added more weight to the ULF rather then dbs. In the end, these S2's? Are just BADASS! But, dangerous.. Lol
post #4721 of 4733 Old 04-12-2014, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Then I am guilty as charged frown.gif

But I use Audyssey dynamic eq which boosts LFE by 5-7 db smile.gif I tried a few DBs higher and I liked it on some content but did not like it on the rest.

As long as you listen below reference, then that counts in my book.

Quote:

My brothers.. If any of you come to Hawaii for a vacation. Hit me up for a demo so you know what I'm talking about. Funny thing too is, I ran duals for a month after I discovered the crack in my ceiling. And just running dual was already crazy. Then when I went back to quads it just feels like it just added more weight to the ULF rather then dbs

Trust me when I tell you that I would love to do both! wink.gif

- Leon Phelps
post #4722 of 4733 Old 04-12-2014, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Quote:

My brothers.. If any of you come to Hawaii for a vacation. Hit me up for a demo so you know what I'm talking about. Funny thing too is, I ran duals for a month after I discovered the crack in my ceiling. And just running dual was already crazy. Then when I went back to quads it just feels like it just added more weight to the ULF rather then dbs. In the end, these S2's? Are just BADASS! But, dangerous.. Lol

Where at in Hawaii? I have people in Hilo and Kona that I'll be visiting in the next year or two.

You have a lot of headroom. Would love to see measurements. I can't listen above about -15MV either, but I also have a very reflective room where I can't apply room treatments.
post #4723 of 4733 Old 04-12-2014, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post

Where at in Hawaii? I have people in Hilo and Kona that I'll be visiting in the next year or two.

You have a lot of headroom. Would love to see measurements. I can't listen above about -15MV either, but I also have a very reflective room where I can't apply room treatments.

Honolulu.. I love Kona though. I have a time share in the big island at the Hilton Waikaloa. I go there every year during winter.
post #4724 of 4733 Old 04-14-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:

So I got that nauseated feeling again. Watched Tron legacy at -12. Got it real bad the last scene (air battle). Felt like puking. Now the pressure sometimes in my ear.. I don't know.. When there's heavy bass scene feels like my ears want to pop. Kind of like when your taking off on the air plane. You get that pressure feeling in your ear. Well something like that. Then worse one of my recess lights housing fell down. No problem though. Just pop it back in. But had to go to my garage and get the ladder. Btw, that crack in my ceiling that I talked about a few months back I got to take a good look at it close up. It's getting bad. I'll take some photos when I get time. Just been working long hours before my trip to Chicago soon..

If I remember correctly you have a DualCore.smile.gif
You can set a high pass filter on this to avoid these infrasonics.
post #4725 of 4733 Old 04-14-2014, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:

Honolulu.. I love Kona though. I have a time share in the big island at the Hilton Waikaloa. I go there every year during winter.

Those Hawaiian winters can be brutal. I remember having to wear jeans one night as the temps dipped into the high 60's. eek.gif

On a brighter note, the subwoofer system is making you nauseous and destroying your house so you are right on track. I discovered a nice long crack on the front wall drywall and it wasn't even on a seam. How cool is that ? smile.gif

Not to brag, but with the violent shaking the Orbit Shifters gave my suspended floor HT room, I'm sure there is other yet to be discovered collateral damage. cool.gif . It is so nice to know that I am responsible for the purposeful destruction of my home rather than some random act of nature. wink.gif

HToM

"Well, la di fricken da."!
post #4726 of 4733 Old 05-13-2014, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
My cap1000 has been sleeping for quite some time. With two kids and work I haven't been able to enjoy it as much as I use to. I have been turning it on just a few times a week. Im hoping someone else will enjoy it more..
post #4727 of 4733 Old 05-21-2014, 03:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 147
What? Are you selling it HK?
post #4728 of 4733 Old 05-21-2014, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
Along those lines
post #4729 of 4733 Old 05-31-2014, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Jeff sent me a new driver a few weeks ago (4 ohm, single voice coil). The thought is it should work well with one channel on my Marathon MA5050 amp, and it does. The other M5050 channel is driving two sealed subs wired at 4 ohms. According to the specs it's putting out 1900 watts per channel. I am extremely happy with the results. I ran the Cap alone for some testing and it was amazing. The port air impact is pretty cool. With the other two subs (and 2 MFW-15s in the rear corners) the slam factor is frightening. Sadly, it's so good that the local IMAX is puny in comparison. The bass impact used to seem so great but my home setup simply blows it away. I've gotten to the point where I don't really dig running the high frequency stuff real loud, but I love the deep bass way above the other channels, like maybe 10 - 20 decibels. The wife also digs it. Lucky me. Jeff's customer service is commendable.
post #4730 of 4733 Old 06-28-2014, 12:52 PM

Liked: 10
Hi - I need to take out the amp from one of my S1s to send it for service (4 + 2 PROT flashes). After I removed all 12 screws on the outer sides the amp doesn't move at all no matter how I try to pull it. Any advice on how to get it out? Thanks!
post #4731 of 4733 Old 06-28-2014, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Put the speakon connector back in and pull by that. It is just a little bit stuck.
post #4732 of 4733 Old 06-28-2014, 01:27 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
Put the speakon connector back in and pull by that. It is just a little bit stuck.

Great, worked like a charm. Thank you!
post #4733 of 4733 Old 06-28-2014, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCW1 View Post
Jeff sent me a new driver a few weeks ago (4 ohm, single voice coil). The thought is it should work well with one channel on my Marathon MA5050 amp, and it does. The other M5050 channel is driving two sealed subs wired at 4 ohms. According to the specs it's putting out 1900 watts per channel. I am extremely happy with the results. I ran the Cap alone for some testing and it was amazing. The port air impact is pretty cool. With the other two subs (and 2 MFW-15s in the rear corners) the slam factor is frightening. Sadly, it's so good that the local IMAX is puny in comparison. The bass impact used to seem so great but my home setup simply blows it away. I've gotten to the point where I don't really dig running the high frequency stuff real loud, but I love the deep bass way above the other channels, like maybe 10 - 20 decibels. The wife also digs it. Lucky me. Jeff's customer service is commendable.
Why did Jeff send you a driver?
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page